Capcom survey asks fans directly which Resident Evil remake they'd like to see next

resident-evil-remake-comparison.png

A new survey by Capcom has been spotted. This survey seems to focus on Resident Evil related media, like the Ambassador program and the Resident Evil.NET service that Capcom has ongoing for the series, and also some questions regarding their main Resident Evil social media accounts (mainly their Twitter accounts), like Resident Evil Portal.

However, at the very end of the survey, Capcom asks a very particular question to the user/player. The question asks the following:
Capcom Survey said:
Let us know if there are any other Resident Evil games you want remade.

The question is then followed by a blank text box in which the user can type whichever Resident Evil game they'd be interested to see being remade from their classic catalogue of the series. Many have already responded with the most prominent and missing remake out of the main titles from the original tank controls classics, that being Code Veronica, while others have also cited asking for a Resident Evil Survivor (PSX) remake, and there's also those that have gone for the obvious next title in the numbered series, asking for a RE5 Remake.

While Capcom hasn't given any official announcement regarding which title in the Resident Evil series they will release next, the sales and acclaim that their latest title, Resident Evil 4 Remake, has seen has been nothing short of positive and very well received, with rumours of upcoming DLC for the title still up in the air.

Those interested in filling up the survey themselves to let Capcom know which title people are mostly interested in being remade can do so in the following link:

:arrow: Capcom Survey

hertzian56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was kind of late to this series so the original 4 was the first one I ever played. RE2 remake is by far my fav so far, noir, some dark scary stuff etc I know people don't like the revelations series too much but I liked both, Revelations 2 was my favorite, 1 was too much of a phone game with bad controls and camera that needs an update for sure. I've not watched a playthru but I'm guessing veronica is less run and gunny and more scary like 2 or 1 were idk. Didn't like 5/6 much.

If they're only asking for RE proper then they're only asking for 5/6. I would think they're already working on a remake though likely 5. But really a full remake could be done for 0/1 with modern camera, updated graphics and etc

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean, surely Resident Evil 9 is in the works, and that's most likely what's coming next after the RE4 DLC is out, but if the recent trend by Capcom has shown something, is that they do a numbered sequel followed by a remake, and then repeat.
They did RE7 -> RE2R -> RE3R (or did they release something else before that?) -> RE8 -> RE4R

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So they could remake Code Veronica or RE 5, and they don't know which ????????

Well I guess they could also remake RE0 and RE1 remake (that's a lot of remakes)

Reactions: RyRyIV

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they could remake Code Veronica or RE 5, and they don't know which ????????

Well I guess they could also remake RE0 and RE1 remake (that's a lot of remakes)
They could also do Revelations 1 and 2.

I say don't bother with 5 (or 6 for that matter). 0 seems like the most reasonable next candidate. But I wouldn't mind to see Code Veronica or the Revelations games.

• Love
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They could also do Revelations 1 and 2.

I say don't bother with 5 (or 6 for that matter). 0 seems like the most reasonable next candidate. But I wouldn't mind to see Code Veronica or the Revelations games.
Code Veronica is the best answer I feel. 0 would follow but I'm already mad they haven't done Code Veronica before 4
I would have loved them to make Veronica before 3 even, and be open about RE3 being the spinoff and Veronica the true RE2 sequel but whatever

I do feel like Revelations games aren't « old enough » tho ... but sooner or latter we'll have them anyway

Reactions: Gizwho

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How about a new game that's actually good? Thanks
Did you stop playing RE with RE6 perhaps?
Perhaps Capcom has been pretty solid with all the RE titles from 7 onwards (with possibly RE3R being an exception, but still was a fun time).
All in all, they've been doing a really good job of keeping the franchise not only alive and kicking, but they have done an excellent job making them really good. They did learn from their past mistakes for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over