Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
DeltaBurnt said:
OH and dsrules, you do realize that by taking out touchpod you're also taking out Real Time Guide, right?

not really..all the Real Time files are included, so Real Time Guide works fine

Well I launched a game through the latest itouch and it didn't give me the option to view a guide.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
let me give it a try, it works in Sakura tho

Yah I figured it probably would.

Well we could technically use this to determine what base Kaura uses (like if it turns out your can't view the guide on the itouch but you can in Sakura and Kaura then that'd mean that Kaura is probably using Sakura's files for launching games).

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Kaura and Sakura shares the same Real Time.* files in the System folder and uses the same game engine to run the games startnds.eng

okay, Real Time guide is missing in iTouch and it shows a Real Time Save Menu version of 1.10 (1.41 on Sakura), does real time guide exist in iTouch?

Update: iTouch's Realtime.dat file (v1.10) is too old, replace it with the 1 from Sakura (v1.41) should make the Real Time Guide option available in iTouch

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
Kaura and Sakura shares the same Real Time.* files in the System folder and uses the same game engine to run the games startnds.eng

okay, Real Time guide is missing in iTouch and it shows a Real Time Save version of 1.0 (1.4 on Sakura), does real time guide exist in iTouch?

I could have sworn they added it at one point. Is the version you added the latest?

Also if they both use the same ways to launch games then that may confirm the theory of the outdated Sakura being the reason of the save corruptions.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
there's no Real Time Guide in iTouch's newest version, check above post

I think it detects your save file before running the game engine part, the problem might be lies in the Bootsys,eng file, that's how they fixed the Sakura save corrupt problem by replacing the g6dsload.eng ,what uses to boot Sakura back then

I should update the Realtime.dat file for iTouch and re up the file

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
there's no Real Time Guide in iTouch's newest version, check above post

I think it detects your save file before running the game engine part, the problem might be lies in the Bootsys,eng file, that's how they fixed the Sakura save corrupt problem by replacing the g6dsload.eng ,what uses to boot Sakura back then

And I'm guessing if we replaced that bootsys.eng with the latest one then we wouldn't be able to launch Kaura?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
first, it reads g6dsload.eng, that will determins what's to load next (bootsys.eng for kaura, Sakura.eng for sakura, Tpload.eng for Touchpod),

hmm..replacing the realtime.dat file on iTouch with the 1 from Sakura doesn't seem to work
althought the Menu loads, but none of the function (except return to main menu) works

Update 1: if IS0 (Real Time) file is created with iTouch then Real Time Guide and Save works..needs more experiment

update 2: ignore Update 1... Real Time Guide now seems to be working fine in iTouch

also, updated the Download Link with the new RealTime.dat included for iTouch
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=208945

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
after more testing, it didn't work quite well as expected
it only works on a game that you just ran RTS thru Sakura or Kaura, even if you load a different game in iTouch, it'll load the same RTS data from the previous Sakura, Kaura run.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
after more testing, it didn't work quite well as expected
it only works on a game that you just ran RTS thru Sakura or Kaura, even if you load a different game in iTouch, it'll load the same RTS data from the previous Sakura, Kaura run.

Wait so if you run Game 1 through Sakura or Kaura and save something then run Game 2 in iTouch it'll have the same save data you saved from Game 1?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
that is correct

unfortunately, the iTouch's Realtime.dat file is different from Sakura's Realtime.dat, so even replacing the file using the newer version, iTouch (3.7E Real Time Save Feature, no view guide) is still not able to handle the new version correctly, so it loads the data what ever you have just ran from Sakura or Kaura.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
that is correct

unfortunately, the iTouch's Realtime.dat file is different from Sakura's Realtime.dat, so even replacing the file using the newer version, iTouch (3.7E Real Time Save Feature, no view guide) is still not able to handle the new version correctly, so it loads the data what ever you have just ran from Sakura or Kaura.

Ok, I think I understand now.

Also how exactly did you make the touchpod button in Kaura goto itouch? Did you use the "turn your m3 real into an itouch" program?

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
M3Kaura 0.9 beta Corrrected v2 is out =)

This version is dedicated to amaro.

Made by amaro & mc_B3oWoLF

The Portuguese Language added!

amaro made the translation into Portuguese!
He is also the author of an icon.

I'm grateful to amaro for additional cooperation: beta testing, correction of the text messages!

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9731 - Download link
http://multi-up.com/221590 - Multi-Up mirror (sendfile, depositfiles, getthebit, openfile, rapidshare, fileshare [UA-IX])

by the way, DeltaBurnt, your descriprion of my previous version is a bit incorrect)
there were minor changes not only in English, but in all languages, that were present in the official release
happy.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems like Kaura's default skin includes icons for media files like music, video, and text. Maybe Kaura will have cool media controls like Sakura?

Also I attempted to make my own skin without knowing the format of the .skn (in other words only replacing the images) but you really can't customize that much. The best thing you'll be able to edit is the background, scroll bars, the check mark/radio buttons, the outline showing what rom you have highlighted, and some icons. Alot of things like the scroll bars and icons are limited to 8 bit bmp files, meaning you have very little colors to choose from.

So I'm guessing we won't see any real good skins for Kaura until the M3 Team sheds light on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol