The M3 Kaura FAQ

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by DeltaBurnt, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010

The M3 Kaura FAQ by DeltaBurnt at 3:18 AM (46,266 Views / 0 Likes) 160 replies

1. DeltaBurnt
    OP

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    <div align="center"><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The M3 Kaura FAQ<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    I wrote this because there hasn't been a good proper english post with all the info of the new "firmware".
    <b>Backup all your saves before using Kaura, it has a save corruption bug where some of your saves may be corrupted (only if the game is run though).</b>

<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://filetrip.net/f9613-M3i-ZeroM3DS-Real-Three-Core-2-1-Beta.html" target="_blank">Download The Latest Version Here</a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    (includes Sakura 1.44, Touchpod, and new Kaura system)

<a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197" target="_blank">The M3 Sakura FAQ</a>
    For if you have any questions about Sakura that don't involve Kaura</div>

<!--coloro:#4B0082--><span style="color:#4B0082"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Latest News:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><ul><li>4/24/10 - <a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=222962" target="_blank">Stormwave releases the M3 Skin Maker which allows people to make their own Kaura skins</a></li><li>3/5/10 - <a href="http://filetrip.net/f9907-M3-Kaura-Language-Builder-1-0.html" target="_blank">Kaura Language Builder made by Xenon++ is put up (the linked file is my noob friendly edit, but all thanks should go straight to Xenon++)</a></li><li>3/2/10 - <a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=209400&view=findpost&p=2631311" target="_blank">The Hex-Boot is released with the help of Xenon, the M3i Zero can now boot 6 different firmwares.</a></li><li>2/18/10 - <a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=209400&st=0&gopid=2608237" target="_blank">dsrules comes out with the M3 Quint boot</a></li><li>2/1/10 - 0.9 Beta version of Kaura is released</li></ul><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Popular Questions:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Q: What is M3 Kaura?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->A: It is the new "firmware" made my gbalpha (the M3 Team) for the M3 Real and M3i Zero flashcarts. It isn't an actual firmware (even though some people call it that), instead it's more of a boot menu. Think of the bootmenu the sakura touchpod dualboot had but more fancier.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Q: Does Kaura corrupt your saves?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->A: Yes it will corrupt some saves. It is highly recommended that you backup your saves before using Kaura. It is suspected that this only happens because Kaura uses Sakura 1.44 (it had a corruption bug too) instead of 1.45.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Q: Why can't Kaura play barely any homebrew?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->A: My assumption is that the m3 team forgot to include an auto dldi engine with this release. My evidence is when play still alive ds (and a few others) it asked me to dldi patch it.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Q: Why does Kaura have 2-3 bugs, 2-3 WHOLE BUGS! OMG!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#006400--><span style="color:#006400"><!--/coloro-->A: Notice how it's a beta release ;D<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Frequently Asked Questions:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Controls:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Skins:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Tutorials:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Kaura Bugs:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Media:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>

<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Links:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>

If you would like a question added, have found a bug, have a new link to add, or just have any sort of suggestion for this faq then please either post it here in this thread or PM me!

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Thanks man ^-^ This was well needed!

3. DeltaBurnt
    OP

United States
    I'm such a forum whore, I hate myself xD

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Lol
    Hey still someone needed to make this, I vote this gets a sticky as well!

5. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Images pleases. Before i get a new firmware i wanna see it in ACTION!

6. DeltaBurnt
    OP

United States
    That'll be what I add first thing tomorrow. Possibly even a video.

Until then I'll add the stock image from the announcement topic.

EDIT: Woah I just got a weird blue screen error. I tried changing my language to the flag on the furthest right and the top screen changes saying:

"An error occured, please turn off your DS and restart our program.

If the problem still presists, please contact our customer service representative.

ErrorCode: 0x8101007a"

7. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    You wasted a hour doing this when you could have used that hour to watch Heroes like I did....

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    I know that error! Plug your card into your computer and you will notice that you have 0bits of space on your card
    Delete some files and it will work fine

9. DeltaBurnt
    OP

United States
    Yah I just plugged in my micro sd and I'm just copying over the system folder again to see if that'll do the same thing. I'll have to see if I can recreate this error.

10. Jakob95

United States
    This stupid firmware I think it curropted my MicroSD. I can't go on Sakura anymore because in the Disk Check it says something is wrong please format. And I ran a diskcheck yesterday and it was perfect.

11. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Weird well I had that problem, this is how I fixed it.
    I plugged my card into my computer and deleted some files, it worked then
    But then my NDS file stopped working...so I tried renaming the file, strange thing is I was able to get into it, but I am still working on backing up my Sd card

12. DeltaBurnt
    OP

United States
    Yah I think that happens when you choose the Russian language.

To bypass disk check on sakura press L+R+A+B right as it starts up.

13. Jakob95

United States
    I never picked the Russian language. I picked english.

14. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Hm, been a while since I stepped in the M3 Real scene. Does anyone have a link to some screenshots of this M3 Kaura?

15. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    You might need to back up your card and reformat it. I had to do that.
    Side note, I was able to get into NDS file and save my games ^-^ Sad Note, I lost all my sav files T-T

16. DeltaBurnt
    OP

United States
    Here's A screenshot. I'll have some up via my camera tomorrow.

[​IMG]

17. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oooh pretty pretty shiny shiny

18. Jakob95

United States
    I remembered when I used this new firmware
    I booted up AKMenu4.nds
    And New Super Mario BRos
    Now in Moonshell on my Acekard I go to Diskcheck and it says
    AKMENU4.SAV has 1fragments
    and so does Mario
    mario43434534.sav
    something like that
    I am just going to defrag my MicroSD to fix it

19. DeltaBurnt
    OP

United States
    Yes it's a known problem that your saves will be corrupted.

20. MisterMooth

Newcomer MisterMooth Advanced Member

Australia
    I think you mean "anagram", not acronym.