Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone made a big post in one of the flashcart areas asking a bunch of questions, and it seemed like the most orderly way to answer them was to seperate them into seperate quotes and deal with each one individually. Once I got done with that though, the board told me I had more than the allowed number of quotes. This annoys me greatly, because I was not playing some stupid forum game or making a quote pyramid, I was just trying to help someone out.

I understand why allowing a huge number of quotes is undesireable, but five is too low. 10 would be much better. I really don't care if people don't like it when they see 10 nested quotes in a post, if stopping that interferes with answering people's questions then it isn't worth it.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you (wintin 10 minutes, I guess) post another reply with more quotes, the post merging system should kick in, I noticed this during my KYT (allowing you more than 5 quotes)

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Better answer those questions fast then
frown.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I also request the limit be taken off or increased.
Also, warnings or something to whomever makes those retarded quote pyramids if the limit is ever removed/increased.
(I hate those, even in Testing Area :/)

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
those iditotic games are stupid, but there is a practical reason for using quote chains (following a conversation between 2 people or distinguishing between 2 posters to help bullet point their questions point by point.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with this but only because Destructobot is right. I hardly ever use more than two or three quotes per reply but I can see how staff might need more.

Maybe you can grant more quotes to staff?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless