The limit of five quotes per post is too low

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Destructobot, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Destructobot
    OP

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Someone made a big post in one of the flashcart areas asking a bunch of questions, and it seemed like the most orderly way to answer them was to seperate them into seperate quotes and deal with each one individually. Once I got done with that though, the board told me I had more than the allowed number of quotes. This annoys me greatly, because I was not playing some stupid forum game or making a quote pyramid, I was just trying to help someone out.

I understand why allowing a huge number of quotes is undesireable, but five is too low. 10 would be much better. I really don't care if people don't like it when they see 10 nested quotes in a post, if stopping that interferes with answering people's questions then it isn't worth it.

2. ben_not_benny

ben_not_benny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canada
    I was trying to add a quote the other day and encountered the same problem. I second Destructobot's opinion.

3. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    If you (wintin 10 minutes, I guess) post another reply with more quotes, the post merging system should kick in, I noticed this during my KYT (allowing you more than 5 quotes)

4. Destructobot
    OP

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    The auto-merging now only happens within two minutes.

5. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    Better answer those questions fast then [​IMG]

6. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    I would also like the maximum number of quoted posts in a post to be increased.

7. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I also request the limit be taken off or increased.
    Also, warnings or something to whomever makes those retarded quote pyramids if the limit is ever removed/increased.
    (I hate those, even in Testing Area :/)

8. pokemongalaxy

pokemongalaxy Banned

Banned
    Mar 10, 2008
    Canada

9. hdofu

hdofu GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    USA
    those iditotic games are stupid, but there is a practical reason for using quote chains (following a conversation between 2 people or distinguishing between 2 posters to help bullet point their questions point by point.

10. PizzaPasta

PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

Jan 2, 2008
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    I agree with this but only because Destructobot is right. I hardly ever use more than two or three quotes per reply but I can see how staff might need more.

Maybe you can grant more quotes to staff?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice