The Legend of Zelda: The Shards of Light

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by BassAceGold, Dec 6, 2009.

Dec 6, 2009
  1. BassAceGold
    OP

Member BassAceGold Testicles

Canada
    Alright, so now that I have everyone's attention with the title, I might be able to get better results rather than the last few times I've tried this here. Basically I'm looking for help for a Zelda game I have been working on since December 2007, which is a remake of the original Zelda for the nes. Coding wise, the game is getting fairly close to completion, there are the bosses and mini bosses (13 of them) and what ever little things I decide to add left to code(not including bug fixing).

Here is information on what I'm looking for, the requirements, and how to contact me if you do choose to help: http://nds-zone.com/bassacegold/?p=138

Please do not ask for a release date or demos, the game will be released when it is finished which entirely depends on how fast this stuff gets finished. So I really wouldn't know a date and do not want to make promises that can't be kept.

2. jeremy506

Member jeremy506 Some dude.

Nauru
    So, Hows the progress getting along?

3. BassAceGold
    OP

Canada
    The last few times I've tried to get some help on here, no one really responded due to its semi secrecy at the time and them not knowing what the heck I was working on. This topic is not for seeking attention to myself, but rather to actually get some stuff done and move the project forward to completion.

I'm starting to see this may be the wrong place to ask for help...

4. jeremy506

Nauru
    I wouldn't write "Now that I seeked attention with the title", also provide some screenshots of the progress, or it will end up like my topic.

5. BassAceGold
    OP

Canada
    You are completely misinterpreting the nature of the writing I used. There are plenty of screenshots on my blog for anyone to see. Now please stop filling my thread with useless comments and leave room for the people who have something useful to say.

6. jeremy506

Nauru
    Scared of negative comments?
    I'm pretty sure GBATemp hasn't got a limit for comments.
    Anywho, Nice game looking forwards to it.

7. BassAceGold
    OP

Canada
    At least negative comments can be used for improvement rather than pointless comments. Any feedback is good feedback in the world of homebrew where feedback is seemingly lacking for most projects.

8. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    BassAceGold, have a look at your Wordpress install, as the root site's been compromised.

9. BassAceGold
    OP

Canada
    Yes I know the root site has been comprimised, my wordpress install is up to date, however the owner of the site has not fixed theirs.

10. thejellydude

Member thejellydude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've got a friend whom I worked with on a compsci project. He's fairly talented with sprites, and I just wanted to see if you still needed an artist before I gave him a call. We're both in college though, so he might not be the speediest person, but he's pretty damn good.

11. BassAceGold
    OP

Canada
    Yes I still need someone, if you could give him a call that would be awesome. I'm not so much worried about speed but rather about having high chances of actually getting things done.

12. thejellydude

Member thejellydude GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We're in finals week right now, and he said he'll think about it. He's just swamped with work right now. (As am I)

13. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    gay, i get a data base error when clicking the blog link

haha the site was hacked

14. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I can't say that I can help with your project, but I hope you find some help soon. I would love to see this done.

15. jeremy506

Nauru
    At least you could play with my progress on my game. And the site could not be neccessarily hacked. The database could just be down.

16. nitrostemp

Australia
    oh its hacked have a look

Code:
    Copyright © 2009 Hack3d BySiriUS - iHTilal.iN % Code-inJecT.Org (TURKiSH HACKER) NOT SECURiTY aDMiN. All Rights Reserved.

17. nitrostemp

Australia
  18. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    just get out of the thread sc, nobody gives a shit about your "game" and your site has nothing to do with anything
    shoo~

basscegold: when TSOL reaches release (or maybe semi-private beta) i'll be very happy to give it a try [​IMG]
    on an unrelated note: you never hang out in #gbatemp.net anymore, where can i chat with you these days? [​IMG]

19. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Looking at your cached version, BassAceGold's new unnamed paint app looks splendiferous xD (and used a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger image, nothing makes it more awesome than that xD).

20. nitrostemp

Australia
    hopfully he can recover with the google cache files