The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has been leaked almost 2 weeks from release

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom.jpg

Nintendo games have the tendency to get leaked days, if not weeks, ahead from the proper release date, and as usual, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is no exception, more so given the anticipation of the sequel to the highly acclaimed Breath of the Wild, released 6 years ago.

The game seems to have been dumped today, May 1st, and shared online already in the familiar NSP and XCI formats, with many already playing it through Ryujinx and Yuzu, though how good compatibility is there with the title is not known yet, but some have cited good performance compared to Switch, which seems to still share the same shuggy gameplay and performance drops that its predecessor had as well in real hardware.

As usual, remember that we don't allow sharing links to ROM sites of any kind, so please avoid posting them.

macaronioni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the totk.xci and i tried downloading it onto my switch via dbi but when i open my switch it just shows it constantly loading but not actually loading. do i have the wrong xci or something

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why are you on this site than? don't you realize where you are? :P
You don't really have to be a pirate to be here tbh.

When I was a kid I came here for the piracy, after the 3DS released I gave up on piracy and haven't pirated since.
Stayed for the community and fan translations (and yeah. I do buy the Japanese games if the translation is good).

A lot of people mention, directly or indirectly, that if you don't pirate you shouldn't be a member. What some people seem to forget is that this is no longer a forum purely based on piracy. The Temp gets review copies, press releases, invited to events, etc, etc. If people want to pirate, go ahead, but people shouldn't try and "shame" people who don't.

Anyway, I apologise for the rant, but I've been seeing comments like these way too often.

spuderump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are people enjoying Minecraft X Zelda?

I am liking the extension of BOTW but the crafting is going to get old very quickly

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how are people enjoying Minecraft X Zelda?

I am liking the extension of BOTW but the crafting is going to get old very quickly

Not too sure about that my friend

Just beat a shrine in kakariko and holy balls i love the way it was made, game is 11/10 , GOTY for sure! the crafting is more complex in the overworld, so much freedom to make what you want

Orangegamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I apologise in advance for my nooby questions.

So basically my game crashes consistently when I try to get near Lookout Landing.

This is after meeting Hoz and seeing Zelda turn into ethereal dust, after Hoz mentions to go back to Lookout Landing to report back to Purah. After walking past the shrine nearby and going back to the outpost where the objective marker is telling me to go.

I have no cheats available for this game nor would I like any since it's my 1st playthrough. I have a few plugins/modules using Tesla, and am updated to latest OS/Hekate/AMS, using Erista v1 Switch (I think)

Thank you very much in advance to anyone willing to provide some assistance.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey everyone, I apologise in advance for my nooby questions.

So basically my game crashes consistently when I try to get near Lookout Landing.

This is after meeting Hoz and seeing Zelda turn into ethereal dust, after Hoz mentions to go back to Lookout Landing to report back to Purah. After walking past the shrine nearby and going back to the outpost where the objective marker is telling me to go.

I have no cheats available for this game nor would I like any since it's my 1st playthrough. I have a few plugins/modules using Tesla, and am updated to latest OS/Hekate/AMS, using Erista v1 Switch (I think)

Thank you very much in advance to anyone willing to provide some assistance.
Update to 1.1.0 and see if it's fixed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't really have to be a pirate to be here tbh.

When I was a kid I came here for the piracy, after the 3DS released I gave up on piracy and haven't pirated since.
Stayed for the community and fan translations (and yeah. I do buy the Japanese games if the translation is good).

A lot of people mention, directly or indirectly, that if you don't pirate you shouldn't be a member. What some people seem to forget is that this is no longer a forum purely based on piracy. The Temp gets review copies, press releases, invited to events, etc, etc. If people want to pirate, go ahead, but people shouldn't try and "shame" people who don't.

Anyway, I apologise for the rant, but I've been seeing comments like these way too often.
I pirated on every console from ps2 to ps4. The only two I actually played games on were the ds and ps2 though. I haven't pirated in quite some time, because I wasn't playing any of the games. I'm now starting to get into the switch and ps5. I own a series x as well, which I buy bc games for mostly, but it sees almost no use.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Orangegamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disable all Tesla plugins. See if that makes any difference. You need to really find what cause the crash. The more "Vanilla" the better at the moment.

I can now confirm that you were right, I removed all Tesla-related items off my SD card, and also to be on the safe side, I reinstalled the game and update file too, to try and rule out any possibilities, and it's working all fine and I've now managed to progress further than I could originally without any hitches, so far.

Thank you very much for your help, I had a feeling it was going to be all the tesla modules/plugins running at the same time, the limited RAM available for the system is a darn shame. I use the Tesla menu mostly for down/overclocking to smooth out FPS in some games. Bayo 3 for example

EDIT: I had the sys-clk, EdiZon and System Status Monitor installed with Tesla, I think after I added the system status monitor, that's when I started encountering issues, is there any way that I could make this work without causing additional problems?

Many thanks in advance once again!

Last edited by Orangegamer1,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can now confirm that you were right, I removed all Tesla-related items off my SD card, and also to be on the safe side, I reinstalled the game and update file too, to try and rule out any possibilities, and it's working all fine and I've now managed to progress further than I could originally without any hitches, so far.

Thank you very much for your help, I had a feeling it was going to be all the tesla modules/plugins running at the same time, the limited RAM available for the system is a darn shame. I use the Tesla menu mostly for down/overclocking to smooth out FPS in some games. Bayo 3 for example
I would guess one of your tesla modules are/where out of date.

Orangegamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would guess one of your tesla modules are/where out of date.

Damn, I updated all the tesla related items yesterday/day before, but I noticed they added updates to some of them a couple hours ago so maybe that might solve the issues? I'm reluctant to adding them as it's such a long process to solve the issue if it occurs again lol. I'll add them back one by one and update my findings with you all

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Damn, I updated all the tesla related items yesterday/day before, but I noticed they added updates to some of them a couple hours ago so maybe that might solve the issues? I'm reluctant to adding them as it's such a long process to solve the issue if it occurs again lol. I'll add them back one by one and update my findings with you all
I mean you might have old stuff in the atmosphere folder getting loaded

Orangegamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean you might have old stuff in the atmosphere folder getting loaded
Well, I did a "mostly fresh" update when I was updating my AMS/Hekate/OS to play this in the first place. So I don't think that would be the case. Since the game started playing fine after removing the tesla stuff

SunsetFelid2

Newcomer
Trophies
The Deep Void inb4 Pumpkin Season Returns
XP
Country
United States
I've played BotW, and from my understanding TotK isn't all that different from it - aside from being able to combine weapons together.

And if you compare it to other open-world games, like my preferred Ghost of Tsushima or Assassin's Creed Origin, or to other Legend of Zelda games (such as, say, the GameCube or N64 ones - and their Wii U/3DS remasters/remakes respectively), then it is, indeed, a "repulsive mess" of game design and art style.

Sure, I can't fairly compare it to stuff like Xenoblade or Pikmin - except for how those are far more respectful of the player's time.
TOTK has 2 entire new layers to the overworld, the sky and the depths, one of which is a series of movement puzzles, the other is Spooky Scary Hardcore Mode Fight & Explore Zone
TOTK has vehicles & vehicle racing a la Nuts & Bolts
The shrines have a bit more wiggle room for creativity thanks to the versatility of the new abilities
There's no updraft a la Revali's Gale, so unless you find a cave to ascend from, you have to think about movement a lot more
The major dungeons are huge and more like traditional Zelda dungeons than the Divine Beasts were
The story picks up 5-9 years after the end of the first game based on a side quest and the world has changed to reflect that, whole new side quests to do, some of which build off BOTW's side quests and some are more focused on the new things
You can build a house in Tarrey Town, its modular and the modules are functional

For those who don't want to be spoiled, TLDR the game may be on the same engine but it plays differently while still feeling Sequel, if you are calling this game a DLC you might as well say the same about Majora's Mask or A Link Between Worlds
Is it without flaw? Of course not. But I've been playing for 4 days and still have only scratched the surface of this game, that's not what I'd call DLC

Reactions: tabzer and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy