caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the most common copy protection on the GBA, is based upon most of the emulators save type detection code. Specifically, SRAM will be assumed to be present, if the game writes to an SRAM location. The actual game paks do write to this location, even though there is no sram present, It will then read the location back. If it compares equally, it then does the next location, and the next. If all of them compare equally, which will only happen if sram is present, or your otherwise equally really unlucky, then the game refuses to run. Often times, the games will use EEPROM as its save type. Basically, try changing the save type, (and delete any save files that were created when you first started the game.) This should bypass that protection altogether.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
which game are you playing? if it's one of the classic nes / famicom series... i'll email you the patch... i'm tired of seeing you still working on this... i found the patch within 2 weeks of searching and it worked... i actually found a WHOLE package of patches... for almost all of the cnes / fam series. so, which game is it?

edit: LOLOLOL sorry, i didn't read all the way to the top... all i saw was patches... patches... patches... and i thought about my cnes stress... but i have the patches for those if anyone needs em

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your using VBA you don't need any patches you just need to set the setting properly. For the record VBA can play ANY game without having to patch it if you know what your doing. Since this is the GBA emulation section I have to assume your using VBA which again can play ANY game Without patches. To play this game on a clean copy simply DELETE OLD SAVE file, turn on VBA, go to options->emulator->save type-> Eeprom + sensor. Also I believe for this game change your save size to 128k. Yay no patch needed and now the game plays great whoo hoo...problem solved...flash carts need a patch though...DOH

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow, nice tip hugecock!

i don't play my games on vba, anymore, though... and i'm sure other people are just like me and play on their carts... =[ why couldn't things be simple... have the original cart, drag and drop the files from the cart into computer... put it into flashcart... WOOHOO!!! *realizes he's just dreaming* F***!!!

stick4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im gettting pissed off,someone help,i bought this game but i cant run it on my ds (original) its a real cartridge and all but when i try to enter grand kai's mansion i get:the game will not run on this hardware
frown.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's been 4 years since the last post in this thread, it's unlikely you'll get an anwer. You're better off creating a new thread about it if the answer isn't already in here.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stick4 said:
im gettting pissed off,someone help,i bought this game but i cant run it on my ds (original) its a real cartridge and all but when i try to enter grand kai's mansion i get:the game will not run on this hardware
frown.gif
It may be a bootleg cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol