Hacking Hardware The future of modding the ps4 (PS4 Syscon Tool)

Hag2bard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there,

I have been watching the PS4 modding scene for a while and I think that the current development progress regarding the recently released Syscon tool is very interesting.

I found this video about it.

Unfortunately I can’t find any discussions about it on the internet, so I wanted to start a new discussion here. What do you think will happen in the future? I think there could be a plug and play mod-chip that would allow lucky 9.00 owners to switch between 9.00 and the current firmware. Maybe this Plug and Play Chip is producable with a 3D Printer. (So you don´t have to desolder and resolder the syscon) So this could be a way to self backport newer games, going online, be safe if the ps4 is accidently updating itself.

In the video he says that you can go back to 9.00 if you made a backup before. How do I make a backup? I´m full of fear, because my ps4 sometimes want to download the newest firmware until I load GoldHEN.

What do you think?

Linusmx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It seems to me, after years, one of the few progresses that have been made. Now we need to understand if we are already able to patch the 10.50 firmware and downgrade to 9.00. I saw that they did, so we should be close to the solution by now.
Post automatically merged:

It seems to me, after years, one of the few progresses that have been made. Now we need to understand if we are already able to patch the 10.50 firmware and downgrade to 9.00. I saw that they did, so we should be close to the solution by now.

jrpgdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stumbled upon this and find this fascinating. Like a moron, I was following along with a tutorial and upgraded my 3.50 fw to 9.00 fw because it instructed me to do so. Would be curious to know that since I went from 3.50 directly to 9.00 if I could go back to 3.50 eventually without even having to take apart my console

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stumbled upon this and find this fascinating. Like a moron, I was following along with a tutorial and upgraded my 3.50 fw to 9.00 fw because it instructed me to do so. Would be curious to know that since I went from 3.50 directly to 9.00 if I could go back to 3.50 eventually without even having to take apart my console
Not without taking the console apart.

Maybe in future if we get keys to sign our own firmwares etc, but by then why would you need to go back?

jrpgdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not without taking the console apart.

Maybe in future if we get keys to sign our own firmwares etc, but by then why would you need to go back?
Post automatically merged:

Well, just hoping if there is ever a cfw I can do it from 9.00. Because I was taught that goldhen on 9.00 was the most stable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO