• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The European Parliament just approved Article 13

D

Deleted User

are you implying that pol is related to nazism? You are the one saying that, not me :^
Anytime someone mentions pol, its cus they're being Nazi's, i.e: I don't like what they're saying.

If all you're gonna do is tell people to "get over it" and try and flip stuff on others, it shows your complete immaturity, so kindly sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

Reactions: CORE

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why there is Brexit!
EU law is shit, but UK isn't any better. Better watch what you say on social media, or your passive aggressive Scotland Yard will kick your door in, and arrest you for hate speech.

Looks like part of the UK gov is okay with this, as they wanted it.

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: CORE and x65943

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/european-parliament-passed-article-13-the-copyright-filter-one.517849/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wikipedia-shuts-down-in-germany-for-24-hours.534007/#post-8562310

How surprising.......

Even now its too late....
People had all time of the world to to do something against this.....

And now all react like "oh my god on 24th december is christmas..."

:rolleyes:
I get your point, but also December 24 is Christmas Eve

And what were people supposed to do? There were protests and sites went down - do you want armed insurrection?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Only to show that we are really united.If

- in Austria all 8.822.267 all residents stands in front of their goverment building(s)
- in Germany all 83.000.000 residents stands in front of their goverment building(s)
- the ~400 mio. residents from all other countires in the cronyism club called EU stands in front of their goverment building(s)

then i´ll be surprised that NOTHING changes.

But i´m only a little dreamer.....:wacko:

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/european-parliament-passed-article-13-the-copyright-filter-one.517849/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wikipedia-shuts-down-in-germany-for-24-hours.534007/#post-8562310

How surprising.......

Even now its too late....
People had all time of the world to to do something against this.....

And now all react like "oh my god on 24th december is christmas..."

:rolleyes:
Wow, I can't think of a time where the US did something like that. The worst thing I can think of was when Comcast throttled torrent sites, or when Verizon went to war with Netflix, and pseudo throttled Netflix's bandwidth.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can see watching a couple random episodes of American Dad on Youtube, but for the majority of people I doubt this is going to change anything in terms of where they access their "copyrighted" materials.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If the people around the world are so "united" as in social medias splurged,then YES there are other ways.
Neh. You'd have to get them on the streets for that. Issue too complicated. They'll realize what happened in 3-5 years, and think "its supposed to be that way now".

Same as usual. ;)

The real funny bit is, that no one cares about european media production as far as mass piracy is concerned. So its really a law for the US content industry in europe. And for news outlets. That are big enough.

Its a joke. Lets route around it. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Meh, it's also the law that drivers are supposed to respect speed limits, and the only effect of that law is increased brake wear and collision risk where cameras are located

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And I'm proud to be an American
Where at least I know I'm free
EU law is shit, but UK isn't any better. Better watch what you say on social media, or your passive aggressive Scotland Yard will kick your door in, and arrest you for hate speech.

Looks like part of the UK gov is okay with this, as they wanted it.

Yes uk law is pretty stupid right now. The difference is we can elect people who will stand to change this. For example UKIP have said they'll remove the BBC license fee if they get elected. Who do I remove from the 28 different countries right now represented who voted for this shitshow.

Reactions: CORE

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm strongly against violence but my impression that only violent demonstrations actually work hardens all the time.
We were 200.000 people in Germany alone who demonstrated against art. 13 but the politicians didn't care. And then they say that the outcome was a fucking "win for democracy". These politicians don't care for democracy at all! No one demonstrated for the reform! How is that a win for the democracy?
Seriously, what should so many poeple do to influence the politicians (and it's their job to represent the interest of the people)? The only way I currently see would be burning cars and thrown rocks against policemen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade