• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The European Parliament just approved Article 13

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
But the prettiest thing about is:

WE elect the government.
And yes,i hear them crying,millions and millions: "I´m not.I don´t go to any election."
Great,thats the solution anyway.:rofl2:

Reactions: Kioku

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It is in this specific case.

EU has a lack of democratic accountability and legitimization. A severe lack. Like its actually not a legitimate representation in most countries, because the voting percentages are that low.

If people like me stop caring, as a direct result I strengthen conservative and right wing forces. I'm done getting effed over by the left. I'm certainly not voting for "something, something climate" - and in the end because of the demographic curve, a bunch of old guys eat my vote 2:1.

So I do the only thing I can do, and stop legitimizing this thing with my vote. Result will be a more conservative, more right wing government. If you are left leaning, and OK with that, because you think that the outcome will be that way anyhow, I encourage you not to vote as well.

If you are thinking about it and are not sure who to give your voice to - just dont vote this time.

Not voting matters.. ;) (Because its a statistic people actually look at - in EU elections.. ;) )

If you are german, you could also vote for die Partei, Die Partei, which is a satirical comical act. That will have the same effect. (People seeing, that you are fed up with what you are getting, while not voting right wing).

In fact, let me double down. I pledge festively, not to vote in european elections for the next five years. Because of this decision.

Which now representitives try to get out of responsibility wise, by stating, that they have "pushed the wrong button". Ten have done so already.

If thats the democracy you would want to vote for - be my guest. Change from within - for my generation isnt possible. So I'm done with it.

Follow my example. ;)

Perfect timing as well btw. Piss off the left shortly before the upcoming elections.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
And please really look up Matthias Döpfner and Axel Springer, because they bought themselves the law almost single handedly.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hopefully people will start to riot

Never.And again: never.:wacko:

You have besetting voters (I´ve voted for the RED since 1867....)
You have "I couldn´t care less" voters
You have "Oh my god i´m sooo unsure...." voters
You have "I don´t elect" voters
You have "I make my cross for purpose on the RED cause i don´t like the Black" voters

that makes 98 % in total of the people who be autorized to vote.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
:arrow: Press Release
:arrow: Source Article
:arrow: Via Reddit

In favor: 348
Against: 274

So what does this mean? Basically it means once Article 13 (now called Article 17) goes into effect, platform holders like youtube are directly liable for any copyright infringing content posted by their users. Users can’t post copyrighted material without a distribution license from the copyright holder. This likely forces platforms to use unreliable filters to protect themselves which can result in all sorts of problems.

Everyone who disagree's with me is a Nazi ;_;
Jokes on u, Greece Eu parliament members voted support and only a nazist group of 3 people voted against.

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:arrow: Press Release
:arrow: Source Article
:arrow: Via Reddit

In favor: 348
Against: 274

So what does this mean? Basically it means once Article 13 (now called Article 17) goes into effect, platform holders like youtube are directly liable for any copyright infringing content posted by their users. Users can’t post copyrighted material without a distribution license from the copyright holder. This likely forces platforms to use unreliable filters to protect themselves which can result in all sorts of problems.
well the EU is now:
  • closing itself from the world
  • approving essentially dmca but double the punishments and things to get dmca'd

Reactions: Subtle Demise

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Let me introduce you to buyback deals.

The FAZ (reputable german newspaper) has a source stating, that Germany is upholding the article 13 compromise, because it has been part of a countertrade with france, so they agree to North Steam 2 being build (gas pipeline Germany needs).

Article in german. (via fefe) You could try to use google translate on it.
https://edition.faz.net/faz-edition/wirtschaft/2019-03-26/f30a5870c08cc1e1b4524c1be19d1faf/

Only one source.

Remember when I posted, that this is really a rule that isnt benificial for most of Europe (because we hardly have the artists lobby thats that impacted, by people uploading their work on youtube, and no one cares much about the publishing industry apart from themselves..)? Well apparently france cares. (Didn't know that before.)

German tech startups lobbied against the law, and had the OK, and support from the german minister of economic affairs, but got dropped one day later, with no reason given. Thats unusual. :)

Last edited by notimp,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how you guys liking that NWO? Lol. Copyright is truly out of control. What started out as a means to protect the regular guy from big business taking their idea, has turned into exactly that. Whoever has the most money wins the property, whether they actually created it or not. You would think that in this age of technology where self-publication is easier than ever, that publishers, record labels, and their ilk would be obsolete by now, no longer lobbying and bribing and in the case of the DMCA, writing and enforcing draconion laws like this.

I think sweeping copyright reform is needed worldwide. Destroy all of it and start over.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This as many draconian legislation that has come in the past will be used for selective enforcement. You bet it will be only used when a they want to make an example of somebody. Stupid legislation is stupid though.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So, how you guys liking that NWO? Lol. Copyright is truly out of control. What started out as a means to protect the regular guy from big business taking their idea, has turned into exactly that. Whoever has the most money wins the property, whether they actually created it or not. You would think that in this age of technology where self-publication is easier than ever, that publishers, record labels, and their ilk would be obsolete by now, no longer lobbying and bribing and in the case of the DMCA, writing and enforcing draconion laws like this.

I think sweeping copyright reform is needed worldwide. Destroy all of it and start over.
Though so as well in the past, but no. Selfpublishing is not the solution.

Even with youtube - its the informal networks that gather audiences. Either the ones with former youth magazine backgrounds (the worst of the worst in content publishing.. ;) ), or ones propped up by entirely informal groups of friends.

Sole content creators out there that made it work, are few and far in between. What publishers do on the PR side is actually needed. And if you arent willing to take over that part yourself as well - you dont get anywhere.

I now absolutely believe, that most authors and creators more likely would give away 70% of their entire revenue stream, than to have to bother with audience management.

Call them by different names ('networks') but publishers are there to stay.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:angry:

Yes i´m angry.

Censorship in the Internet is on the way my friends.

I no longer can access geckocodes.org & gamehacking.org.

THANK YOU EU.

I love it.Best i say goodbye before GBATemp is also "prohibited".

P.S. VPN Tool helps me but thats NOT the solution people !!!!

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love it.Best i say goodbye before GBATemp is also "prohibited".

P.S. VPN Tool helps me but thats NOT the solution people !!!!
I heard VPNs are pretty nice! :D I bet Nintendo is licking their lips at the thought of blocking this site in the EU. The site that was behind a lot of the hacks for a lot of their consoles! :D

Reactions: Alexander1970

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And this is why less government is better. Trying to get dumb asses to understand that is the problem.
Less government fixes nothing if you're electing the same incompetent individuals but just fewer of them. It's about quality of leadership, not quantity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse