Question The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator. Please try another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 445482

Antisocial behavior detected.
OP
Trophies
XP
I want to change my email address to my new one on protonmail.com but when I enter it it says "The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator. Please try another." can someone unban it?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
that service is used by literally all the spambots that register to the site, so we had banned it...
I didn't actually know it was used by legit members. oh well... I've unbanned it, brace yourselves for more spambots I guess

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
that service is used by literally all the spambots that register to the site, so we had banned it...
I didn't actually know it was used by legit members. oh well... I've unbanned it, brace yourselves for more spambots I guess
This is a rare moment when I kind of wish you just said, "No, we aren't risking more spambots just for one user." I'm not questioning your choice to unban the email service, but sometimes it's worth keeping up a ban for the betterment of the site.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I thought most of them would have used a service like 10MinuteMail. Didn't realize any of them used ProtonMail.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is a rare moment when I kind of wish you just said, "No, we aren't risking more spambots just for one user." I'm not questioning your choice to unban the email service, but sometimes it's worth keeping up a ban for the betterment of the site.
I whole heartedly agree. There is no reason OP shouldn't use a more reputable email service. There's also no reason to subject the site to more spam in favor of one (or a few) member(s) and their rather poor choice in email providers.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I whole heartedly agree. There is no reason OP shouldn't use a more reputable email service. There's also no reason to subject the site to more spam in favor of one (or a few) member(s) and their rather poor choice in email providers.
Not all of us want to use a privacy breaching email service like gmail or outlook.

Reactions: IC_

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Protonmail I'd consider a reputable mail service. It sounds like they need to do something about the abuse of their service though.

Esjay131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Protonmail is quite reputable, and it's not protonmails fault that people running spambots use it. It's a privacy-respecting provider that (tbh) more people should use, or another alternative like tutanota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof