Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if they add even one new server, every one is screwed except for those who only host locally?
I'm honestly not sure how that would work. I'm thinking that if they threw up a new server and suddenly redirected the eShop (for example) to that server, and had that server check a file other than version.bin that 5.5.0 included... We obviously wouldn't have that new server blocked, so those people would get updated. Probable: no. Possible: I think?

It's all a game of cat and mouse.

JoeOIVOV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any easy way to switch Mii Maker and Smash Bros access buttons for Loadiine? So instead of pressing A for Smash Bros and X for Mii Maker it is the other way around... A for Mii Maker and X for Smash Bros. Its annoying to accidentally press the A button when I will never use Smash Bros.

Reactions: Cyanopsis

deeadbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fork the sources from github, edit Menu.c and change the line '(mii_maker_mode = (vpad_data.btn_hold & BUTTON_X)))', then host your own http server

JoeOIVOV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fork the sources from github, edit Menu.c and change the line '(mii_maker_mode = (vpad_data.btn_hold & BUTTON_X)))', then host your own http server
Ok I found the github page, forked it, found the line in question to edit but I cannot figure out how to edit the page.

Last edited by JoeOIVOV,

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly not sure how that would work. I'm thinking that if they threw up a new server and suddenly redirected the eShop (for example) to that server, and had that server check a file other than version.bin that 5.5.0 included... We obviously wouldn't have that new server blocked, so those people would get updated. Probable: no. Possible: I think?

It's all a game of cat and mouse.
well in order for them to add a new server to us, they need access to edit it on our wii u. which generally doesn't happen cause we block a large majority of the nintendo servers ( idk how many/if we are, but seems like it since the blocking prevents updates, and if we didnt then they wouldve set their trap card off by now and screwed us over.) without access they cant really change anything, and in order for a redirect to work, we'd need to connect to the original address to be told to redirect. so redirects wouldnt do it. its highly unlikely that they will be able to snake their way to us, but dont yell at me if they find a way.

edit: im tired, spelling and wrong words made a incorrect point

Last edited by Ryuiku,

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody help me here? I tried to block updates with openDNS and i have added the links are listed there followed by setting up my DNS numbers. i checked the download box on the WII U and i saw system software was downloading, and it was almost 75% done. I turned off my system and unpluged the power cable. is there anyway i can delete that file was downloading from the system?

ill turn off my router and turn on the system again. and ill setup tubehax, but im not sure if this will stop the update from downloading.

can anyone help plz?
Why would anyone in their right mind click yes to an update? just asking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Loadiine is currently only supported on 5.3.2 for the general public, so you must get a physical game disc with FW 5.3.2 on it, make sure your Wii U is offline, and use the disc to update. That is the only way.

As I've been saying for, oh, I don't know... 6 months now, do not use OpenDNS. You are in my thread. You should have read the OP. Did the OP state to use OpenDNS? NO. Use the methods in the OP and this will not happen to you!

Seeing that I think you're now willing to take my advice, do as FoxMcloud5655 said and USE TUBEHAX DNS RIGHT NOW. Then go use the Update Deleter. You can find info about it in the OP that you didn't read. :)
Although I personally have had everything blocked with openDNS(I went to multiple threads an websites to block literally every nintendo server, Plus have OpenDNS Updater V2.2.1 running on my pc everytime I launch my WiiU and 3DS) I know that it is risky. However I never in my life expected that someone would actually click yes to an system update when prompted, I mean WTF. So I wont recommend use of it ever again now that I know what we are dealing with.

Last edited by oxitran,

deeadbeef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok I found the github page, forked it, found the line in question to edit but I cannot figure out how to edit the page.

Which page? Once forked the sources on your local pc, edit Main.c with a text editor, then recompile to obtain the updated binaries (ofc you need a c/c++ compiler, if you dont know what I'm talking about, just dont mind and pay attention at what you press)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
are there other ways to block updates aside from TubeHax or even OpenDNS? apparently my ISP does not allow to change DNS, so both do not work for me
and my router firewall settings also don't work to block the update server

can I use proxy? like running a proxy server with those servers blocked on a PC?

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
are there other ways to block updates aside from TubeHax or even OpenDNS? apparently my ISP does not allow to change DNS, so both do not work for me
and my router firewall settings also don't work to block the update server

can I use proxy? like running a proxy server with those servers blocked on a PC?
You change the DNS settings on ur consoles, not on the router!

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
You change the DNS settings on ur consoles, not on the router!
the router part actually referring to this
How do I block updates?

Additional preventative measures:
A. Block by URL Filtering (allows internet access still)
Note: Your router settings page is typically http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1
A. Block by URL Filtering in your router settings

nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
cbvc.nintendo.net

Edit. apparently someone has made a thread for using proxy here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...tes-and-play-online-with-ccproxy-easy.369720/
gonna try it now

Last edited by Garou,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
@Garou

Just follow the steps on your Wii U, and you're all set.

thanks but as I said before, changing DNS will result no internet at all. quick search on the google and apparently it's quite common for ISP to now allowing change DNS
granted I only tested on my PC (testing directly on the Wii U might be a little risky), so I'm gonna resort to other ways like proxy

Seff188

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently on 3.1.0, and am really looking forward to a backup loader that can access USB. I'm wondering if I should update to 5.3.2 & use Loadiine in the meantime, or hold out in case another loader is released for an earlier firmware?
Loadiine is a bit tempting, but I'm leaning towards not updating to keep options open ("more attack vectors"). What do you guys think?

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently on 3.1.0, and am really looking forward to a backup loader that can access USB. I'm wondering if I should update to 5.3.2 & use Loadiine in the meantime, or hold out in case another loader is released for an earlier firmware?
Loadiine is a bit tempting, but I'm leaning towards not updating to keep options open ("more attack vectors"). What do you guys think?

i think im very jealous of you and that you should update 5.3.2 since a 5.5 hack is more likely than a lower firmware one.
you have the option to update to a usable firmware while im stuck on 5.5.
or you can update to 5.5 and join my pain.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a dice roll. Of course it's "safer" to stay low and hope naerhwert releases an IOSU Exploit, but there are also chances that Hykem or MN1, Mathew_Wi, et al release one that works on 5.3.2 or 5.5.0 in the same timeframe. There's a whole section on this in the OP :)

tommasi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx fiveighteen. I did fix the DNS setup with tubehax, and im using local setup to load my files.

now i need to know if can use my external powered HDD, I plugged it in the back of of the WiiU with all the games on the HDD and its formatted to FAT32. The WII U asks me to format the drive and loadiine is not seeing it

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx fiveighteen. I did fix the DNS setup with tubehax, and im using local setup to load my files.

now i need to know if can use my external powered HDD, I plugged it in the back of of the WiiU with all the games on the HDD and its formatted to FAT32. The WII U asks me to format the drive and loadiine is not seeing it
loadiine doesnt work with usb yet

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get xml files for pokemon rumble u if i dont own the game???
Get someone that does own it to dump them, or buy it. XML files aren't required for some games, so you can try it without them and see what happens, or try it with Smash (or other game's) XML files with the Title ID edited.

so just use SD card in the front slot of the WIIU?
Yep, that's all that we have for now. The IOSU Exploit will bring USB loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...