Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently ordered Mario Party 10 so I can get up to 5.3.2 on my Wii U, I'm not quite sure if I want to spoof, especially since EmuNand is being worked on and sounds more appealing than the permenent spoofing.

But I have a question, would it be possible to get the free Xenoblade X DLC packs for performance and graphics enhancement without spoofing and going to the eshop? Is it possible for someone who has them to dump them and then I could use wup installer or something? Or is DLC (even free) not doable yet?

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
What is exactly the meaning of those two points in the "how do I run the kernel exploit" section:

4. Click AIO Kernel Exploit
5. Press A if ...
Press B if you want to use the Modified Kernel Exploit, giving you access to:
Loadiine/Loadiine Server

I want to run Loadiine. I can "click" (more like, "touch" on the touchpad) the Kernel Exploit option. But then there is no wait at all to klick any button afterwards. The exploit is simply executed, which results in a freeze in my case within 2 seconds.

Do I have to click kernel exploit, then press one of those buttons lighting fast? How long do I need to press A or B, once, or hold them?

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I have a question, would it be possible to get the free Xenoblade X DLC packs for performance and graphics enhancement without spoofing and going to the eshop? Is it possible for someone who has them to dump them and then I could use wup installer or something? Or is DLC (even free) not doable yet?

That is the question that brings me to the forum today. I have a feeling a lot of people are interested in using their Wii U for the first time in a while due to this game coming out.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently ordered Mario Party 10 so I can get up to 5.3.2 on my Wii U, I'm not quite sure if I want to spoof, especially since EmuNand is being worked on and sounds more appealing than the permenent spoofing.

That is the question that brings me to the forum today. I have a feeling a lot of people are interested in using their Wii U for the first time in a while due to this game coming out.
No, you have to be on the latest FW (or Nintendo has to think you are, hence spoofing) to get access to the eShop. DLC hasn't been figured out yet from a sideloading standpoint. In the future, it may become possible with Loadiine. For now, you have a choice to make!
What is exactly the meaning of those two points in the "how do I run the kernel exploit" section:

I want to run Loadiine. I can "click" (more like, "touch" on the touchpad) the Kernel Exploit option. But then there is no wait at all to klick any button afterwards. The exploit is simply executed, which results in a freeze in my case within 2 seconds.

Do I have to click kernel exploit, then press one of those buttons lighting fast? How long do I need to press A or B, once, or hold them?
If you hit AIO Kernel Exploit, it will load up the application to allow you to choose either A or B. If that isn't loading, then you're experiencing a problem with the index.html. It may be that the PC/phone hosting them isn't close enough to the router, or the Wii U isn't close enough to the router, or a few other reasons. If it always fails for you, you can try EclipseSin's, or another, online URL (make sure you have TubeHax DNS setup!), or try hosting from your phone. Different methods have resulted in varying success from users.

Once the page appears prompting you to press A or B, you can take as long as you'd like to make your selection, and there is no duration that they need to be pressed or held. All it takes is the notice of input.

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: galneon

Ryuiku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what fiveighteen said, but also, if youre using the http://eclipsesin.github.io/ , theres three. the AIO kernel is the multikernal link in the top middle, which when loaded successfully, will prompt either A or B for either regular or modded kernel. the other two just load it without input like that, but the multikernel on eclipsesin's github will automatically re-open the browser/ open settings if it fails, which is why i like it. also the exploit is supposed to make the wii u freeze for a bit, if after like 2-3 minutes (which is super generous) it doesnt open the home menu, then it probably didnt work.

Reactions: fiveighteen

manic_miner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really sorry if I ask a stupid question, but I read through the forum and I'm still nconfused about one thing.

I'm planning on buying myself a Wii U for Christmas, but there is no way to be sure about the firmware. So, IF the firmware is 5.5.0, is it possible to mod it to be able to play WII games (not WIIU)downloaded from the internet (as I understand, it is played via some vWII - virtual WII function).

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really sorry if I ask a stupid question, but I read through the forum and I'm still nconfused about one thing.

I'm planning on buying myself a Wii U for Christmas, but there is no way to be sure about the firmware. So, IF the firmware is 5.5.0, is it possible to mod it to be able to play WII games (not WIIU)downloaded from the internet (as I understand, it is played via some vWII - virtual WII function).
Yes, vWii is hackable on 5.5.0.

manic_miner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, sounds too good to be true :-) So, as - AFAIK - there is no way to play pirated WIIU games, what is the point of having a lower firmware ?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, sounds too good to be true :-) So, as - AFAIK - there is no way to play pirated WIIU games, what is the point of having a lower firmware ?
You can play pirated Wii U games through Loadiine. As well as cheats, save backups/sharing, file replacement, etc. through other hacks.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or has NUS Grabber Gui been acting funny lately? I can't pull any game updates from it anymore. The list is empty.
It's done that to me randomly ever since the 1.7 GUI was out. I never figured out how to fix it. Try running as admin, making an exception to firewall, restarting cpu... idk.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Thanks for the help, I was stuck at constant freezes at first run, but afterwards it worked.

Someone found a way to run the exploit with high success rate, maybe others could try if it works as well for them, if so it could be added to this guide

## Constant freeze at exploit execution - your browser cache might be faulty ##

1. Reset Browser data in Browser settings
2. Power down WiiU, then proceed with stable exploit procedure below

## Stable 5.3.2 exploit procedure (WiiU Premium Pack 32GB console) ##

0. Open internet browser, go to any website, exit with Home button-> WiiU Menu
1. Open Configuration, exit with B to Home.
2. Open internet browser. Power off Console. (either with pad or console Power button)
3. Power on, open internet browser and run kernel exploit.
4. If exploit fails, start browser and run exploit one more time.

(In my case, step 0. is not even needed but I let it in because it was in the original described procedure)

Last edited by crea,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question concerning the WUP installer
Installed the spoof no problem, currently installing the latest Splatoon update and it freezes upon installing the update at the home menu in the bg, is this normal? Or do I have to start over?
That's what it did while it was installing the spoof. I'm guessing that it still is processing the install but the graphics processor locks up or something

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
About the game reprints if I'm spoofed to 5.5.0, are those games still installing the included updates? Can you add this info to the game reprint section? I know that you don't support firmware spoofing but many of us including me has spoofed.

And this is useful info because someone can buy for e.x super mario maker and if/how he can run it without updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol