Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a "durr" network question, but if i'm in wii mode (vWii hax) and want to update game title covers/art/etc, can the Wii U get updated if the all the DNS paths in the main guide aren't blocked on my router?

Just wondering if the Wii U can grap NOA updates while in wii mode, or certain Wii U functions are disabled while the emulator is running. Thanks!
TubeHax DNS and the URLs in the OP block only Nintendo's update servers, which is why you can still access the eShop, online games, etc. So you should be able to still connect for updating (what I think you mean to be USB loader cover art and stuff?). I haven't hacked my vWii, so this remains only The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking. :creep:

"...if the all the DNS paths in the main guide aren't blocked on my router..." Uhh which ones don't you have blocked, and why? Of course that means you can be updated lol.

Also, the URL blocking and TubeHax DNS is a form of redundancy, so if you at least have TubeHax DNS you should be fine.

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Just leaving a note. Later today and tomorrow I am going to try to improve my Loadiine video tutorial since it became a bit outdated due to the new system. I'm going to make it in two parts. The first will be about extracting the wuds using uwizard (as opposed to discU which I used in my first video). The second will be how to set up the SD card using the new method and how to actually load the games via Smash and MiiMaker. The third will be how to update your games.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"...if the all the DNS paths in the main guide aren't blocked on my router..." Uhh which ones don't you have blocked, and why? Of course that means you can be updated lol.

I don't even have it out of the box yet, just saying in a hypothetical situation. Haha.

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Once I find the cover (3 kids under 10, it might be some time LOL!!) I'll check the barcode/SKU number (the 991xxx) against another couple of covers and add to the findings. Other posts have suggested a B added to the ID which would indicate a second revision.

Spotted it around yet? :P I don't want to push as I know if you have kids running around it might take some time. Just the eBay listing ends tonight so would be good to have an idea if possible if the game has the same SKU and any other details on disc :) I think I'll buy it anyway and hope for the best at this stage.

dinomight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm on version 5.1.1U do i have to be on 5.0 or 5.3.2 for this to work? Every time i try to run the exploit it just freezes (i've tried 20 30 times) Should i expect all of this?

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
so i'm on version 5.1.1U do i have to be on 5.0 or 5.3.2 for this to work? Every time i try to run the exploit it just freezes (i've tried 20 30 times) Should i expect all of this?
The guide shows that almost all of these exploits require you to be on exactly 5.3.2.

Ukiwf1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think to buy wii u premium pack mario kart 8 bundle (no mario kart 8 + splatoon bundle). Can anyone comfirm that firmware is lower than 5.3.2?

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are u sure? Because first page there is mario kart 8 bundle and it is 2.1.0? So hard to find wii u where firmware is lower than 5.3.2. :(

if you can still find a mario kart 8 bundle that has the disc, it MIGHT be lower, but pretty much all the new bundles are being sold with the games pre-loaded and newer firmware.

@fiveighteen, it might be worth adding a "5.4.0+ (avoid these)" section to the "Purchasing a Wii U" section to track the bundles that are getting updated.

Last edited by ja450n,

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Inuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, every time i try to use Saviine i get the same message:

[listener] Listening on 7332
connected
[0] Accepted connection from client 192.168.1.4:1591
[0] Title ID: 0005-0000-10143600
[0] Found Invalid data while decoding.
[0] Exit

I tried in 4 different games that supposed to be work with Saviine ( Mario Kart 8 for example) but i get the same error.
What am i doing wrong, any help would be appreciated

Cyanopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi lurker :D

There really is no way to tell or guess. The older it is, the better. You have a much higher chance if it comes with a disc and not a download.

I just ordered the bundle with just Dance and Nintendoland from Germany.. Should be safe. This is my first console since SNES some 24 years ago! I have some reading to do!

Reactions: fiveighteen

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

burtonheynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! I finally finished uploading my new series of videos, and this guide and @fiveeighteen specifically was very helpful in letting me do this.

Part 1: Extracting .wud files

Part 2: Setting up the SD card and loading backups

Part 3: Updating your Loadiine games

Here's a playlist with all three videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLo59pBvZG2_nbarZS66CtDJNzg6-wx6HA

About part 3, you talk about creating folders for the save games but as far as I know you don't need to do that, loadiine automatically creates the save folders and files when you boot the game for first time.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press A if you want to use the Official Kernel Exploit, giving you access to:
TCP Gecko
Cafiine
Saviine
WUP Installer
NNU-Patcher
GC-to-Vpad
Press B if you want to use the Modified Kernel Exploit, giving you access to:
Loadiine/Loadiine Server
Dumpiine

Does that mean that the modified kernel exploit does only those two things, or does it do those two things in addition to the things the official kernel exploit does?

Also, you mention that running the kernel exploit lways produces an error the first time and may need to be run 100 times. Is there something special about the first time or if it takes 100 tries the first time would it take something close to 100 tries every time you try it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)