Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well... I'm gonna kill myself... my wii u somehow updated itself to 5.5.0 E, there is not even a note in updates about it... and I can't du enything now... just fuc... great well it was fun I don't know like 5 hours of play on homebrew as it lasted... so much time and money wasted... fuck everything!

That sucks man, and after everything was up and running! :-( That's my feat with the update blocking. What's stopping ninty from sending out content on a new website that isn't in the block list? Is it not easy to arrange that or...?

D

Deleted-355425

That sucks man, and after everything was up and running! :-( That's my feat with the update blocking. What's stopping ninty from sending out content on a new website that isn't in the block list? Is it not easy to arrange that or...?

they could have inactive servers lying dormant :evil:

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there really no way to downgrade the wii u? cant we get like system files from someone with 5.3.2 and just do something like on pc ? can't we uninstal the system and install older one...? :/ F.. I hate my life

D

Deleted-355425

Is there really no way to downgrade the wii u? cant we get like system files from someone with 5.3.2 and just do something like on pc ? can't we uninstal the system and install older one...? :/ F.. I hate my life

nope, sorry :(

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well... I'm gonna kill myself... my wii u somehow updated itself to 5.5.0 E, there is not even a note in updates about it... and I can't du enything now... just fuc... great well it was fun I don't know like 5 hours of play on homebrew as it lasted... so much time and money wasted... fuck everything!
That sucksss. What preventative measures had you taken? (TubeHax, URL blocking, openDNS, etc)

And on a serious note: don't kill yourself over $200 in electronics equipment.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a new old stock system that i'll pick up today that is a 2014 model, so should be good for the IOSU hack when that occurs. Just stinks I didn't bite the bullet earlier this year because it was on sale for like $70 less than what i'll pay.

Oh well, at least I know it'll be ready when the time comes. I'm not even gonna connect it online until then. Kids can play the default games come xmas time.

Reactions: fiveighteen

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That sucksss. What preventative measures had you taken? (TubeHax, URL blocking, openDNS, etc)

And on a serious note: don't kill yourself over $200 in electronics equipment.
I used URL blocking and OpenDNS... I have no clue what could have happened... It's nice to know that hack will be on 5.5.0 but still we don't know when... it might take year or so... and... 200$ is about 4 times more where I live so yeah... also I won't count any other things that I needed to buy... Fun fact where I live 1 game on Wii U costs about 200 and normal person gets... I don't remember even but after all taxes [not counting food and money that is needed to pay for your flat] you have maybe 1200 for everything usually more like 1000 cuz yeah sparta... Nevermind...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used URL blocking and OpenDNS... I have no clue what could have happened... It's nice to know that hack will be on 5.5.0 but still we don't know when... it might take year or so... and... 200$ is about 4 times more where I live so yeah... also I won't count any other things that I needed to buy... Fun fact where I live 1 game on Wii U costs about 200 and normal person gets... I don't remember even but after all taxes [not counting food and money that is needed to pay for your flat] you have maybe 1200 for everything usually more like 1000 cuz yeah sparta... Nevermind...
There's a reason OpenDNS isn't mentioned in the OP. If you have a dynamic IP address, OpenDNS doesn't account for the change when your ISP issues you a new IP. Therefore the URLs are being blocked on your old IP and not your new IP, and you get updated. I've long advocated against the use of it, but some still recommend it for some reason. Also: everyone should be using TubeHax DNS regardless of what other measures are taken. Bolded so hopefully everyone at least reads that one line lol. I know there's not much you can do about it now, but just for future reference.. who knows, the IOSU Exploit might be here next week, or might be a year. High hopes and low expectations.

Reactions: mark.m.moran

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, should any additional measures be taken?
I've been using TubeHax DNS only (and also I've had suspend mode always disabled), is this safe enough?
If your router supports it, I'd recommend blocking the URLs listed in the OP just as a redundant precaution (like if for some reason TubeHax DNS went down).

D

Deleted-355425

fun fact, if you have a static IP and your ISP looses the connection to your router/modem here in the UK it will assign you a new ip when it reconnects. so if you want a new IP cut your router/modem off for a few mins and switch it back on, same goes if you have a power cut. openDNS isnt enough to be safe.

Last edited by ,

Jah Nix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey All, Been following this scene pretty closely for the last few weeks.

Purchased Splatoon bundle here in AUS just to muck around - Serial FAF10005**** - Disk bundle pack @ 5.3.2

Using a 64GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD in an adaptor - Had to reformat it using a proper SD Card formatter but works A-OKAY.
Also used Lexar Plat II 8GB & 16GB - again, had to reformat correctly but working like a charm.
All boot times very quick indeed.

Have noticed I've had several booting issues unless I rename the .rpl/.rpx the same name as the folder with underscore (like the readme says LOL).

Great Guide fiveighteen! It gave me many things to google and begin mucking around with (just wish it wasn't the busy season at work so I could spend more time on it).

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All, Been following this scene pretty closely for the last few weeks.

Purchased Splatoon bundle here in AUS just to muck around - Serial FAF10005**** - Disk bundle pack @ 5.3.2

Using a 64GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD in an adaptor - Had to reformat it using a proper SD Card formatter but works A-OKAY.
Also used Lexar Plat II 8GB & 16GB - again, had to reformat correctly but working like a charm.
All boot times very quick indeed.

Have noticed I've had several booting issues unless I rename the .rpl/.rpx the same name as the folder with underscore (like the readme says LOL).

Great Guide fiveighteen! It gave me many things to google and begin mucking around with (just wish it wasn't the busy season at work so I could spend more time on it).
Thanks. Could you explain a little more what you mean by the highlighted sentence? I'm not sure what "folder with the underscore" you are talking about.

Jah Nix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No Probs - I hope it helps someone...!

If I made a folder in the "SD:\wiiu\games\My Game" I would get a fail when I boot SSBU (disc read error/memory corrupt error).

I closely looked through the Loadiine readme and saw the rename the .rpx/.rpl to (in my instance) - "SD:\wiiu\games\My Game\code\my_game.rpl"

Don't know if I'm alone in this category but have noticed some posters having a similar problem. This was my way of getting it to work...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Probs - I hope it helps someone...!

If I made a folder in the "SD:\wiiu\games\My Game" I would get a fail when I boot SSBU (disc read error/memory corrupt error).

I closely looked through the Loadiine readme and saw the rename the .rpx/.rpl to (in my instance) - "SD:\wiiu\games\My Game\code\my_game.rpl"

Don't know if I'm alone in this category but have noticed some posters having a similar problem. This was my way of getting it to work...
Interesting. I actually don't have a single game that uses RPLs (except MK8, but that's not working with Loadiine). I figured it would work fine if the RPX and RPLs all just got left what they were named on the disc.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
fun fact, if you have a static IP and your ISP looses the connection to your router/modem here in the UK it will assign you a new ip when it reconnects. so if you want a new IP cut your router/modem off for a few mins and switch it back on, same goes if you have a power cut. openDNS isnt enough to be safe.
dont ya mean dynamic?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4