Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my worry, because most of my searching only comes up with the bundles w reinstalled/DL games, or over priced units from private sellers. (None of the under 5.2 from the first page FAQ guide)

I'm pretty sure I can get a 5.3.2 model, but prob not under unless I'm willing to pay a premium.
And we don't have any idea on tracking the "plain" black or white units w no games and the FW they contain? Can we go by anything made w date on the box w 2014 as 5.2 or less?
Just got the Mk8 bundle last month but havent opened it yet.

Is there a way to through the UPC if its 4.0 or above ?

FW11307411 0
Mine is FW7062XXXXX, SM3DW + Nintendo Land Bundle from December 2014 with 2.1.0, so your guess is as good as mine.

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I meant 5.4

Someone change the guides bundle picture to the one WITH The disk ... not the discless version. Wonder why nobody else has brought this up ?

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to add my experience with getting a pre-owned WiiU. I don't frequent GameStop, but on the off chance they would have pre-owned consoles I stopped by and they were nice enough to power the console on before I bought it so I could check the firmware. It had 5.0.0 loaded on it. If you're going to try this I'd recommend NOT going when they're super busy as it's going to take them a good 5-10 minutes to go through all the EULA and set up screens before they can get to system settings to see the version.

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Updated
I had gotten lazy and didn't update the actual Loadiine section instructions to support v3.0. They do now. :)
+New section for extracting the RPX/RPL(s) and Content from a WUD using UWizard or VGMToolbox under the DECRYPTION heading

Reactions: Hazzer

Aronstarbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
So this is my first post here, And ofcoz its a question ,)
I been checking and testing awhile back now. But i really havent seen anyone with the same problem as me.

So my question is.
Why do i get "Some data failed to load" when im trying the load the kernel either from web or hosting my own files with the DefinitivePackages.
Im on 5,3,2. I have no problem loading the page on the wiiu browser, just when i get the A/B options is just failes to load some files <.<.
Been trying off and on since wow over 2 weeks ,). Just not really force it. But now i want it to works so. Help! :)

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any chance a Super Mario Maker Bundle system comes with 5.3.2? Since I see someone advertising one coming with it, but I am hesitant since the few reports I read stated it came with 5.4.0.

fodil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hey,
I been checking and testing awhile back now. But i really havent seen anyone with the same problem as me.

So my question is.
Why do i get "Some data failed to load" when im trying the load the kernel either from web or hosting my own files with the DefinitivePackages.
Im on 5,3,2. I have no problem loading the page on the wiiu browser, just when i get the A/B options is just failes to load some files <.<.
Been trying off and on since wow over 2 weeks ,). Just not really force it. But now i want it to works so. Help! :)

Hi,
did you try other compiled KERNEL exploit then wj44's ?

http://eclipsesin.github.io/osdriver/payload532.html
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wiiu/osdriver/

ja450n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance a Super Mario Maker Bundle system comes with 5.3.2? Since I see someone advertising one coming with it, but I am hesitant since the few reports I read stated it came with 5.4.0.

The disc itself has the 5.4.0 update on it, it would be weird for the bundle not to have the same update.

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have one more question I tried to unpack Hyrule Warriors and I get "Could not open title.tmd" anyone know if I can somehow fix this...? I can not find any other Hyrule Warriors :/

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

So my question is.
I get the "Some data failed to load" message all the time. I figure it has something to do with the system not knowing what just got put in memory (the exploit). Nothing to worry about though. As fodil said, you can try some of the other URLs that link to different exploits if you want to try them. I use the All-In-One version since it consistently works for me and it cuts down on the number of items in the list.

If it's not in the OP, I haven't seen it reported. I would say it's pretty unlikely that it's 5.3.2 or under though... I wouldn't risk it.

I have one more question I tried to unpack Hyrule Warriors and I get "Could not open title.tmd" anyone know if I can somehow fix this...? I can not find any other Hyrule Warriors :/
I had to use VGMToolbox to extract the files from Hyrule Warriors.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how to use that thing... there are no guides on the internet
OP Updated
I had gotten lazy and didn't update the actual Loadiine section instructions to support v3.0. They do now. :)
+New section for extracting the RPX/RPL(s) and Content from a WUD using UWizard or VGMToolbox under the DECRYPTION heading

Reactions: Hazzer

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Wow I'm stupid... thank you again I somehow only read about UWizard... anyway I got some error while opening it but files extracted fine so we will see, I will check if it works later

Reactions: fiveighteen

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is FW7062XXXXX, SM3DW + Nintendo Land Bundle from December 2014 with 2.1.0, so your guess is as good as mine.
Hey fiveighteen, any idea what FW a Skylanders 8gb Wii U bundle system new would come with? Not sure when it was released.

And there's nothing the 32gb system has that these hacks won't work on the 8gb system correct?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fiveighteen, any idea what FW a Skylanders 8gb Wii U bundle system new would come with? Not sure when it was released.

And there's nothing the 32gb system has that these hacks won't work on the 8gb system correct?
Skylanders bundles are pretty old, right? I think they'd be a super low FW, but I just haven't been explicitly told "Hey, I bought one and it's definitely on X.X.X." since I've been logging them in the OP.

And you are correct, there is no difference between the 8GB and 32GB besides HD space.

Last edited by fiveighteen, , Reason: typos

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, using the DefinitivePackage-20151024.zip I can install the Kernel exploit but later on when I try to install loadiine it just freezes ad eternum.
Any idea what might be the problem?

It works with some (older) loadiine versions on the provided links (but lower compatibility).
I will try updating the loadiine folder with the latest dimok commit and report back if it stops crashing for me and report back.
But if someone has already solved this problem I'll be glad to know how.

EDIT:
Things I tried so far:
- Loading the kernel and loadiine from ecplisesin site: works
- Loading the kernel from eclipsesin site and loadiine from the definitive package: crashes
- Loading the kernel from the package and loadiine from eclipsesin: works
- Replacing loadiine in the package by commit 42b7cd0: crashes

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, using the DefinitivePackage-20151024.zip I can install the Kernel exploit but later on when I try to install loadiine it just freezes ad eternum.
Any idea what might be the problem?

It works with some (older) loadiine versions on the provided links (but lower compatibility).
I will try updating the loadiine folder with the latest dimok commit and report back if it stops crashing for me and report back.
But if someone has already solved this problem I'll be glad to know how.

EDIT:
Things I tried so far:
- Loading the kernel and loadiine from ecplisesin site: works
- Loading the kernel from eclipsesin site and loadiine from the definitive package: crashes
- Loading the kernel from the package and loadiine from eclipsesin: works
- Replacing loadiine in the package by commit 42b7cd0: crashes
I really have no idea. How far away from your router is the Wii U? Mine is about 4 ft. I occasionally might get a freeze where the URL bar gets stuck halfway through loading, and that might be due to the html, but it's hard to say since there are so many things involved. The Loadiine in the DefinitivePackage is pulled straight out of the "www" folder of the source downloaded from the Loadiine github. Does it freeze every time or does it just seem to crash more often than it works?

EDIT: If you want to rule something out for me, rename the bgimage.png to something else and then try running Loadiine (the background should just appear white after renaming it).

EDIT2: You can also try running it through MiniWeb and see if maybe Mongoose is at fault? There should be a link in the OP, or http://miniweb.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...