yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've had an intermediate amount of experience with my Nexus 7, and it seems to me that some advantages of 4.2 over 4.1 are overlooked. The touchscreen of my device became much more responsive; you can now further depend on your keystrokes when typing.

However, 4.2 is lousy with bugs. Massive amounts of apps became broken requiring updates. Many bluetooth devices became incompatible (the Wii remote is still incompatible.) I've heard of many other gripes. What other advantages and disadvantages have you experienced?

My experience: OTG woes due to Busybox breaking when 4.2 came out. At the time I didn't comprehend the significance of Busybox, and as soon as I installed the 4.2 compatible version it fixed the OTG issue.

Using 4.2.1 I can connect to a bluetooth speaker (with wifi on as well) and stream audio just fine. I can also sync w/ my other android device with bluetooth. Wii remote is broken of course, but I heard the sixaxis is now fixed for 4.2.1.

Screen responsiveness is so fantastic that I don't want to downgrade to 4.1.2. Despite all disadvantages.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
4.2.1 is nice, but it has quite a few problems,
a notable one is...
BLUETOOTH!!!
Did you know that google changed majority of the bluetooth code
and that has left many apps, that used bt(like the wiimote controller)
completely useless. Though now, devs have figured the bluetooth stacks,
it created a lot of nuisance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz