That's what I call "dumb engineering"

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had this problem with neighbour for over a year now.
I live in an apppartment complex, with loud neighbours living above me. I live alone, they are a family, so guess what happen whenever their childs feel playful or angry.
Yes, a lot of crying and stomping above me.
This is a question I had for a very long while now.

Why are appartment for families (3 bedrooms) are built on higher floors, while appartments for lone people (1 bedroom) are built on lower floor/basement?
It makes no sense to me. First, there is this very obvious problem, and secondly, you can make larger appartment (aka larger rooms) in the basement/lower floors.

Anyway, just had to let my bit of anger/incomprehension out.
Thanks for hearing me out

Reactions: CoolMe

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've had this problem with neighbour for over a year now.
I live in an apppartment complex, with loud neighbours living above me. I live alone, they are a family, so guess what happen whenever their childs feel playful or angry.
Yes, a lot of crying and stomping above me.
This is a question I had for a very long while now.

Why are appartment for families (3 bedrooms) are built on higher floors, while appartments for lone people (1 bedroom) are built on lower floor/basement?
It makes no sense to me. First, there is this very obvious problem, and secondly, you can make larger appartment (aka larger rooms) in the basement/lower floors.

Anyway, just had to let my bit of anger/incomprehension out.
Thanks for hearing me out
What?
No, what?
That's really dumb.

Who'd build a complex like that? What's the point of doing 1 bedroom in first floor and 2+ above?

It should be the other way around, all floors except the last one (on top) should be 1 or 2 bedrooms, precisely because the taller the apartment, the less noise it'll receive from it's surroundings.

I bet rent hasn't lowered for you even though your neighbours has more rooms.
Don't tell me they have more space than you, because that'd be dumber.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What?
No, what?
That's really dumb.

Who'd build a complex like that? What's the point of doing 1 bedroom in first floor and 2+ above?

It should be the other way around, all floors except the last one (on top) should be 1 or 2 bedrooms, precisely because the taller the apartment, the less noise it'll receive from it's surroundings.

I bet rent hasn't lowered for you even though your neighbours has more rooms.
Don't tell me they have more space than you, because that'd be dumber.
Well, no matter where you go around here, all appartment complex are built that way.
And no, they don't have more space, but they have more rooms. For example, the ones above me (yes, ones as in plural) have less space but more rooms (3 bedrooms each, one of them is fully over me, the other is only above a small part of my appartment).
Less space, more rooms, fucked up right?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, no matter where you go around here, all appartment complex are built that way.
And no, they don't have more space, but they have more rooms. For example, the ones above me (yes, ones as in plural) have less space but more rooms (3 bedrooms each, one of them is fully over me, the other is only above a small part of my appartment).
Less space, more rooms, fucked up right?
Pretty much, yes. That's weird, over here all apartment complex/condos has 2 bedrooms.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty much, yes. That's weird, over here all apartment complex/condos has 2 bedrooms.
Yea sure, but you don't have much merits, mexicans are descendant of mayans who built pyramids.
They somehow knew that building a larger base and a narrow top was a solid proof of concept.
And somehow, canadian engineers found a way to build a pyramid upside down just to piss off people like me :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/AJbS5PYQudQ