Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
For those who play Team Fortress 2.. a new update is coming this Thursday with 2 new maps and weapons for the Pyro:

QUOTE said:
1. The Flare Gun: The first Pyro unlockable is The Flare Gun, which replaces the shotgun. It allows the Pyro to ignite an enemy at long range, but does require careful aim on their part. It’s particularly useful for causing havoc on Snipers and Engineers who want to keep their distance.

2. The Backburner: The second Pyro unlockable is The Backburner. This flamethrower is built for the Pyro who likes to ambush their opponents. It removes the compression blast capability, instead guaranteeing critical hits whenever it’s used on an opponent from behind. To aid in survivability, it grants the Pyro an extra fifty health.

3. The Axtinguisher: The third Pyro unlockable is The Axtinguisher. This mighty axe guarantees critical hits on any enemy that’s currently on fire, although it’s significantly weaker against enemies who aren’t. A great combination with the The Flare Gun, or with another Pyro buddy riding alongside doing the igniting.

The new maps are CP_FASTLANE and CTF_TURBINE, two community created maps..

More details about the maps, weapons and the 35 Pyro achievements at http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/?pw=presspreview

For those who never played, another TF2 Free Weekend is scheduled for this weekend

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironically, I play mostly Pyro in TF2.

I'm glad to have achievements for my favorite class. I never got all the Medic achievements, nor do I really care to.

Tomorrow will be a great day.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Indeed.. I suck at being a Pyro, can't burn anyone without being killed
tongue.gif

Can't wait for the Heavy and Engineer achievements

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes my mate now owes me £5 in the Meet The Sniper trailer you can see the Pyros new weapon, I guessed it was a Flare Gun.

Only problem I play Spy, I would say they are now the weakest class in the game along with Scouts, mainly now with the new Backburner if you need to flee you've got no chance.
Hopefully they get their new weapons next but I doubt it.

Yet another addition to a good week.

~ Commander

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I like to use Spies and Scouts. Spies always take the most skill, and are usually fun. Also, I think I've only played once since the Medic achievements were added, I got bored of TF2 a while ago. Hopefully these achievements will be a little more realistic, and give me a reason to start playing the game again.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Pyro is my favorite class, so i could try tf2 again. Got bored to the game before it was even officially released. preorder game access thing etc.

Isn't it kind of unbalanced to release new weapons to classes one by one? Not like it was ever balanced before.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great now the teams will each have 8 pyros, one medic and one sniper for the next 2 weeks until everyone unlocks their achievements. I still haven't unlocked any of the medic ones, although my broadband connection has been dodgey as of late, that could be part of it. I am really loving Sam and Max Season 2, finally finished Season 1 last month. Steam ftw.

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
Great now the teams will each have 8 pyros, one medic and one sniper for the next 2 weeks until everyone unlocks their achievements. I still haven't unlocked any of the medic ones, although my broadband connection has been dodgey as of late, that could be part of it. I am really loving Sam and Max Season 2, finally finished Season 1 last month. Steam ftw.

The new pyro update has severely imbalanced the game in my opinion, I have all the weapons for both the pyro and the Medic but I plan on waiting until the initial influx of people calms down, this mostly due the fact I play a spy and no matter how good you are you have no chance against 8 trigger happy pyros.

Sam and Max are great games completed both seasons, I am currently playing through the first episode of Bone.

~ Commander

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Complete the Pyro-specific achievements to unlock them. Hitting a Pyro Milestone (# of character achievements done) will unlock a weapon.

The pyro can be great for forcing the attacking team to back up while your team prepares itself all the better.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Commander said:
jesterscourt said:

The new pyro update has severely imbalanced the game in my opinion, I have all the weapons for both the pyro and the Medic but I plan on waiting until the initial influx of people calms down, this mostly due the fact I play a spy and no matter how good you are you have no chance against 8 trigger happy pyros.

Sam and Max are great games completed both seasons, I am currently playing through the first episode of Bone.

~ Commander

Pretty hard to say how balanced the new weapons are yet. We won't know for sure until many hours have been played.

Yeah..lots of pyros on most servers at the moment, should die down in the next week or so like the medic. It's nice to have some variety I reckon, pyros wern't used enough before the update. Good fun for a change having servers full of pyros
biggrin.gif

When things are changed/made different/added to games people ALWAYS complain no matter what. OH NOEZ ITZ TEH DIFFERENT! Takes a while for people to adapt to the changes
tongue.gif
human nature me thinks.

awesome update! pyro is heaps of fun now. Fun = the whole point of videogames IMO. the updates/new maps/new weapons/achievements keeps me playing and makes my pants happy.

don't worry spies you'll have your day soon enough
wink.gif

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cubin' said:
Commander said:
jesterscourt said:

~ Commander

Pretty hard to say how balanced the new weapons are yet. We won't know for sure until many hours have been played.

Yeah..lots of pyros on most servers at the moment, should die down in the next week or so like the medic. It's nice to have some variety I reckon, pyros wern't used enough before the update. Good fun for a change having servers full of pyros
biggrin.gif

When things are changed/made different/added to games people ALWAYS complain no matter what. OH NOEZ ITZ TEH DIFFERENT! Takes a while for people to adapt to the changes
tongue.gif
human nature me thinks.

awesome update! pyro is heaps of fun now. Fun = the whole point of videogames IMO. the updates/new maps/new weapons/achievements keeps me playing and makes my pants happy.

don't worry spies you'll have your day soon enough ;)

The only problem I have is the flare gun yes its supposed to give them some range but a pyro is a close range class, it shouldn't be able to take potshots at snipers, heck I would say the flare gun is more effective then a sniper rifle.
The sniper has no chance against a pyro armed with the flare gun, ignite the sniper, if the sniper attmpts a shot he most likely miss due to the close range then he needs to reload, by which point the pyros killed him, pyros are better at killing snipers then spies are now.

~ Commander

~ Commander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...