TF2 Pyro Update :D

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by CockroachMan, Jun 18, 2008.

Jun 18, 2008

TF2 Pyro Update :D by CockroachMan at 4:10 PM (1,721 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    For those who play Team Fortress 2.. a new update is coming this Thursday with 2 new maps and weapons for the Pyro:

The new maps are CP_FASTLANE and CTF_TURBINE, two community created maps..

More details about the maps, weapons and the 35 Pyro achievements at http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/?pw=presspreview

For those who never played, another TF2 Free Weekend is scheduled for this weekend

2. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ironically, I play mostly Pyro in TF2.

I'm glad to have achievements for my favorite class. I never got all the Medic achievements, nor do I really care to.

Tomorrow will be a great day.

3. gov78

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    ok now the games gunna be like Pyro mania ..... owell im waiting on the scout achivements

4. CockroachMan
    OP

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Indeed.. I suck at being a Pyro, can't burn anyone without being killed [​IMG]

Can't wait for the Heavy and Engineer achievements

5. Commander

Member Commander GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yes my mate now owes me £5 in the Meet The Sniper trailer you can see the Pyros new weapon, I guessed it was a Flare Gun.

Only problem I play Spy, I would say they are now the weakest class in the game along with Scouts, mainly now with the new Backburner if you need to flee you've got no chance.
    Hopefully they get their new weapons next but I doubt it.

Yet another addition to a good week.

~ Commander

6. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I like to use Spies and Scouts. Spies always take the most skill, and are usually fun. Also, I think I've only played once since the Medic achievements were added, I got bored of TF2 a while ago. Hopefully these achievements will be a little more realistic, and give me a reason to start playing the game again.

7. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    Pyro is my favorite class, so i could try tf2 again. Got bored to the game before it was even officially released. preorder game access thing etc.

Isn't it kind of unbalanced to release new weapons to classes one by one? Not like it was ever balanced before.

8. Commander

United Kingdom
  9. Shuny

Member Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    When does the pyro pack will be released ?

(ohoh, this sentence may be malformed)

I'm waiting it, I already have the ubersaw with the medic [​IMG]

10. Commander

United Kingdom
    11AM PDT in other words 5 minutes from now.

~ Commander

11. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Great now the teams will each have 8 pyros, one medic and one sniper for the next 2 weeks until everyone unlocks their achievements. I still haven't unlocked any of the medic ones, although my broadband connection has been dodgey as of late, that could be part of it. I am really loving Sam and Max Season 2, finally finished Season 1 last month. Steam ftw.

12. Commander

United Kingdom
    The new pyro update has severely imbalanced the game in my opinion, I have all the weapons for both the pyro and the Medic but I plan on waiting until the initial influx of people calms down, this mostly due the fact I play a spy and no matter how good you are you have no chance against 8 trigger happy pyros.

Sam and Max are great games completed both seasons, I am currently playing through the first episode of Bone.

~ Commander

13. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    how do i unlock the new weapons?

14. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Complete the Pyro-specific achievements to unlock them. Hitting a Pyro Milestone (# of character achievements done) will unlock a weapon.

The pyro can be great for forcing the attacking team to back up while your team prepares itself all the better.

15. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia

Pretty hard to say how balanced the new weapons are yet. We won't know for sure until many hours have been played.

Yeah..lots of pyros on most servers at the moment, should die down in the next week or so like the medic. It's nice to have some variety I reckon, pyros wern't used enough before the update. Good fun for a change having servers full of pyros [​IMG]

When things are changed/made different/added to games people ALWAYS complain no matter what. OH NOEZ ITZ TEH DIFFERENT! Takes a while for people to adapt to the changes [​IMG] human nature me thinks.

awesome update! pyro is heaps of fun now. Fun = the whole point of videogames IMO. the updates/new maps/new weapons/achievements keeps me playing and makes my pants happy.

don't worry spies you'll have your day soon enough [​IMG]

16. Commander

United Kingdom
    The only problem I have is the flare gun yes its supposed to give them some range but a pyro is a close range class, it shouldn't be able to take potshots at snipers, heck I would say the flare gun is more effective then a sniper rifle.
    The sniper has no chance against a pyro armed with the flare gun, ignite the sniper, if the sniper attmpts a shot he most likely miss due to the close range then he needs to reload, by which point the pyros killed him, pyros are better at killing snipers then spies are now.

~ Commander

~ Commander

17. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I really should buy TF2, but I've been to lazy...