purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MertenNor said:
purechaos996 said:
Majinchuck1 said:
Read every post and, yeah, uh, i still dunno exactly what this is.....

What it is a 4.0 hack to replace the TP hack because it doesnt work on 4.0 this guy tried to hack the Super Mario Bros VC game to be the Homebrew Channel Installer so that people on 4.0 can install the HBC. If he gets it to work then
yay.gif

like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axx2zDqMaFY
unsure.gif
?

MertenNor

Kinda of like that, but in that video the guy said he used a modified channel installer so what im guessing is he just took a .wad of zelda and replaced the game .dol with the HCB installer .dol and thats the difference the TC tried to edit the dats.bin the the private folder that why people without the HBC can use it

jinxvorheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madmikeuk said:
I'm on PAL and have already purchased SMB. I can send you my data.bin if you like.

Thanks I'm not sure if I have time to do that at this moment. Like I said, unfortunately NTSC for now. It has to work before I can port it over.

madmikeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
purechaos996 said:
!!!!!IT FOR NTSC ONLY!!!!!!!

sorry for that but dont you people read

I know this. I was just wondering in case he needed the resources to try to recreate this for PAL consoles.

QUOTE(jinkvorheeze @ Apr 8 2009, 03:50 PM) Thanks I'm not sure if I have time to do that at this moment. Like I said, unfortunately NTSC for now. It has to work before I can port it over.
No problem. It was just an offer
wink.gif

jinxvorheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need someone with Wii Shop and Proxy knowledge to get in touch with me. If we cant run the file like this than maybe using a computer we can spof the shop channel to install the hacked SMB content (decrypted of course) using a proxy. Much like the original Playstation Store Proxy hack from a while ago. It would begin downloading from the Wii server, then the content files would be swapped in using a proxy.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madmikeuk said:
purechaos996 said:
!!!!!IT FOR NTSC ONLY!!!!!!!

sorry for that but dont you people read

I know this. I was just wondering in case he needed the resources to try to recreate this for PAL consoles.

QUOTE(jinkvorheeze @ Apr 8 2009, 03:50 PM) Thanks I'm not sure if I have time to do that at this moment. Like I said, unfortunately NTSC for now. It has to work before I can port it over.
No problem. It was just an offer
wink.gif

Sorry that post was not directed at you in general but at all the other people who tried it on PAL and complained that it didnt work

madmikeuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:
I need someone with Wii Shop and Proxy knowledge to get in touch with me. If we cant run the file like this than maybe using a computer we can spof the shop channel to install the hacked SMB content (decrypted of course) using a proxy. Much like the original Playstation Store Proxy hack from a while ago. It would begin downloading from the Wii server, then the content files would be swapped in using a proxy.
Impossible (well, incredibly unlikely). The contents would need to be fake-signed, which isn't accepted by 4.0's shop channel IOS, AND the shop channel's connection is SSL secured and will not accept any other certs than those signed by Nintendo's private key.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok, I have NTSC mario 1, i copied to the sd card like you said, then replaced with the one in your rar archive.

all it did was load mario 1. By chance did you put the wrong folder in your archive?

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
same thing again with the one from your new link.

Loaded mario 1 from sd card, picks up where the game left off.

reset software> still mario 1.

If the app in the content bin has been replaced, why the heck is it still loading mario 1?
Its not on my actual wii anymore, and the one on my sd card is now your content.bin.

I'd double check you uploaded the right one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu