Hacking Tester Needed for New Homebrew Channel Hack

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone mentioned an idea for a Shop Channel hack... possible?

WAIT! Remember the hack for the PSP using libtiff? Would that work? It overloads the graphics library causing a crash... much like the good old twilight hack. Is this new hack possible?

http://wololo.net/files/libtiffcrash.zip

If so then I guess it is a true link between Sony and Nintendo. I wonder whether this crashes the 360... hmmmm....

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpAM_CAN said:
Someone mentioned an idea for a Shop Channel hack... possible?

WAIT! Remember the hack for the PSP using libtiff? Would that work? It overloads the graphics library causing a crash... much like the good old twilight hack. Is this new hack possible?

http://wololo.net/files/libtiffcrash.zip

If so then I guess it is a true link between Sony and Nintendo. I wonder whether this crashes the 360... hmmmm....

Wow, what an amazing idea! I can't believe nobody else ever thought of that!
Have any other ideas that you haven't bothered to try yourself?

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm... nothing really. I just happened to stumble upon the libtiff thing 'cos I was dumb enough to buy a PSP 3000
frown.gif

What I said about the Shop Channel thing...
You could use a PC Utility to host a "Homebrew" Shop Channel that the Wii's Shop Channel runs from (just), and you go to wii channels and you download say... the Photo Channel or something which is actually a Homebrew Channel in disguise. It downloads from your PC to your Wii and installs. An easy way around the signing thing, but would require the Shop Channel to be smashed wide open before this would be possible.

EDIT: Going to test the libtiff thing now...

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah you're right.

Darn it. I could have been famous XD

Is there no way to overload a libbmp or libjpeg or libwhatever? How about overflowing the video decoder? No? Oh well.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um... here's a good question... WHY didn't the programmer use a FREE Wii channel like "Everybody Votes", "Check Mii Out" or "Nintendo" channel? Seriously, this would have made things more scessible to the end user instead of forcing every noob to go buy SMB VC just to start the install
frown.gif

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone seen the really small and basic wii game "My Fitness Coach" its a pretty basic third party game and prob has a hole or two in it?

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words, we, the people who have no HBC on 4.0, will still have to wait for a different exploit?

This sucks, I shouldn't have updated...

MasterHand300

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:
Leanny said:
But ive installt an NTSC Region Super Mairo Bros. So it launched

What do you mean it launched? Launched as in worked for you?

I Wonder If It Is Possible To Mod The Saves They Have On Wii Power Saves To Install The Twilight hack Save And Boot Twilight Princess Hmmm....
smileipb2.png

Why Don't You Try Haveing A Look At What The Normal Twilight Save And The Hack Version Have Incommon use the twilight hack from 3.4 see what is the difference between the 2

MasterHand300

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
roku93 said:
It will probably need to be custom made for every wii. Perhaps an application you insert your original data.bin or whatever and it'll create you a hacked one? In distant future of course but but..

Edit: Perhaps it was content.bin..?

I Wonder if the twilight hack has this custom made for every wii thing and just combine the 2 together

Posts merged

QUOTE(TroyTheZombie @ Apr 8 2009, 05:41 PM)
Test.png

"This Channel Cannot be launched on this wii console."

frown.gif

I sure do hope you can get this to work, it will help alot of people out.
How Did You Get That High Quality Picture Troy

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
eh save's content.bin are just encrypted with public keys that are all the same for every wii so its easy to unpack/pack it again

jinxvorheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powersaves wont work to use Twilight hack. It's just a glorified SD card. The gamesave is still rejected by the Wii as it checks THAT SPECIFIC SAVE FILE for bit changes. Other games are still able to be modified. I have had luck with freezing the Wii up, but It would need shellcode to run a loader. Freezing, however does not mean that a stack overflow has taken place, but it is a good implication that this may have taken place.

abdeldark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
jinxvorheeze said:
Powersaves wont work to use Twilight hack. It's just a glorified SD card. The gamesave is still rejected by the Wii as it checks THAT SPECIFIC SAVE FILE for bit changes. Other games are still able to be modified. I have had luck with freezing the Wii up, but It would need shellcode to run a loader. Freezing, however does not mean that a stack overflow has taken place, but it is a good implication that this may have taken place.

freezing don't mean that there is a stack overflow , but it mean that there probably a stack overflow ????? can you explain what you mean? ????

Comex and you come in second , I don't know what you think you could do but since there is no way to sign with a good key a wad or a game , your hack if a can call it like this is completely useless.

Before comming and saying a hack do that :
- Find a way to sign a wad or a game like nintendo did for their games ( if you don't know that key it's impossible to find it )
- Then after that you can inject what you want in a game.

Stop dreaming !!!!!
Hacking it's not that easy ,It's not with your poor knowledge that you can do it , you need to understant how all the wii work ( you know nothing !!!!! ), then you can manage to find a bug , and find a way to use that bug.

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
abdeldark said:
jinxvorheeze said:

freezing don't mean that there is a stack overflow , but it mean that there probably a stack overflow ????? can you explain what you mean? ????

Comex and you come in second , I don't know what you think you could do but since there is no way to sign with a good key a wad or a game , your hack if a can call it like this is completely useless.

Before comming and saying a hack do that :
- Find a way to sign a wad or a game like nintendo did for their games ( if you don't know that key it's impossible to find it )
- Then after that you can inject what you want in a game.

Stop dreaming !!!!!
Hacking it's not that easy ,It's not with your poor knowledge that you can do it , you need to understant how all the wii work ( you know nothing !!!!! ), then you can manage to find a bug , and find a way to use that bug.

you are a scroat bag!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.