Hacking Tester Needed for New Homebrew Channel Hack

  • Thread starter Thread starter jinxvorheeze
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 29,735
  • Replies Replies 108
MertenNor said:
purechaos996 said:
Majinchuck1 said:
Read every post and, yeah, uh, i still dunno exactly what this is.....

What it is a 4.0 hack to replace the TP hack because it doesnt work on 4.0 this guy tried to hack the Super Mario Bros VC game to be the Homebrew Channel Installer so that people on 4.0 can install the HBC. If he gets it to work then
yay.gif

like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axx2zDqMaFY
unsure.gif
?

MertenNor

Kinda of like that, but in that video the guy said he used a modified channel installer so what im guessing is he just took a .wad of zelda and replaced the game .dol with the HCB installer .dol and thats the difference the TC tried to edit the dats.bin the the private folder that why people without the HBC can use it
 
madmikeuk said:
I'm on PAL and have already purchased SMB. I can send you my data.bin if you like.

Thanks I'm not sure if I have time to do that at this moment. Like I said, unfortunately NTSC for now. It has to work before I can port it over.
 
purechaos996 said:
!!!!!IT FOR NTSC ONLY!!!!!!!

sorry for that but dont you people read

I know this. I was just wondering in case he needed the resources to try to recreate this for PAL consoles.

QUOTE(jinkvorheeze @ Apr 8 2009, 03:50 PM) Thanks I'm not sure if I have time to do that at this moment. Like I said, unfortunately NTSC for now. It has to work before I can port it over.
No problem. It was just an offer
wink.gif
 
I need someone with Wii Shop and Proxy knowledge to get in touch with me. If we cant run the file like this than maybe using a computer we can spof the shop channel to install the hacked SMB content (decrypted of course) using a proxy. Much like the original Playstation Store Proxy hack from a while ago. It would begin downloading from the Wii server, then the content files would be swapped in using a proxy.
 
madmikeuk said:
purechaos996 said:
!!!!!IT FOR NTSC ONLY!!!!!!!

sorry for that but dont you people read

I know this. I was just wondering in case he needed the resources to try to recreate this for PAL consoles.

QUOTE(jinkvorheeze @ Apr 8 2009, 03:50 PM) Thanks I'm not sure if I have time to do that at this moment. Like I said, unfortunately NTSC for now. It has to work before I can port it over.
No problem. It was just an offer
wink.gif

Sorry that post was not directed at you in general but at all the other people who tried it on PAL and complained that it didnt work
 
jinxvorheeze said:
I need someone with Wii Shop and Proxy knowledge to get in touch with me. If we cant run the file like this than maybe using a computer we can spof the shop channel to install the hacked SMB content (decrypted of course) using a proxy. Much like the original Playstation Store Proxy hack from a while ago. It would begin downloading from the Wii server, then the content files would be swapped in using a proxy.
Impossible (well, incredibly unlikely). The contents would need to be fake-signed, which isn't accepted by 4.0's shop channel IOS, AND the shop channel's connection is SSL secured and will not accept any other certs than those signed by Nintendo's private key.
 
ok, I have NTSC mario 1, i copied to the sd card like you said, then replaced with the one in your rar archive.


all it did was load mario 1. By chance did you put the wrong folder in your archive?
 
same thing again with the one from your new link.

Loaded mario 1 from sd card, picks up where the game left off.

reset software> still mario 1.

If the app in the content bin has been replaced, why the heck is it still loading mario 1?
Its not on my actual wii anymore, and the one on my sd card is now your content.bin.

I'd double check you uploaded the right one.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted