Hardware tesco not stocking WiiU

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Went to local Tesco today to pick up the wiiu for kids xmas pressie , only to be told they dont intend to stock it , they had 3 wiiu games for sale , no accessories or stand to demo the product , infact the wiiu games were amongst the wii games on the wii stand with all the usual accessories ,it was like a console hadnt been released at all , customer services confirmed they are unlikely to be stocking the console and was advised to maybe try online. WTF is this an issue of lack of stock ? but no display nothing i was really surprised. i bought NSMBU anyways but really .. serously ..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At my Sainsburys, they had three games on sale NSMBU, ZombieU & Just Dance 4...that's it!

One of the guys there who I know him a previous job says it's not doing well at all! They had plenty of consoles though the Premium ones have sold out and he wasn't expecting any stock of those for a few weeks, Says the Vita was actually more popular! Which matches up with rumours of the UK launch being pretty poor, the all format gaming chart didn't have a single Wii U game in the top 10. ZombiU was at #17 but that may be because people went for the ZombiU bundle, though Nintendoland was also in a bundle and made #11 and that bundle was a lot more widely available.

Still early days, the PS3 didn't have a great start however the tech in the PS3 certainly was more future proof than the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello