tesco not stocking WiiU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by pwsincd, Dec 7, 2012.

1. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Went to local Tesco today to pick up the wiiu for kids xmas pressie , only to be told they dont intend to stock it , they had 3 wiiu games for sale , no accessories or stand to demo the product , infact the wiiu games were amongst the wii games on the wii stand with all the usual accessories ,it was like a console hadnt been released at all , customer services confirmed they are unlikely to be stocking the console and was advised to maybe try online. WTF is this an issue of lack of stock ? but no display nothing i was really surprised. i bought NSMBU anyways but really .. serously ..

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    The Wii U stuff may not have been plentiful but every little helps.

3. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    bought a crate of fosters and a bottle of vodka ,, had shit loads of those ...happy days.:)

4. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    At my Sainsburys, they had three games on sale NSMBU, ZombieU & Just Dance 4...that's it!

One of the guys there who I know him a previous job says it's not doing well at all! They had plenty of consoles though the Premium ones have sold out and he wasn't expecting any stock of those for a few weeks, Says the Vita was actually more popular! Which matches up with rumours of the UK launch being pretty poor, the all format gaming chart didn't have a single Wii U game in the top 10. ZombiU was at #17 but that may be because people went for the ZombiU bundle, though Nintendoland was also in a bundle and made #11 and that bundle was a lot more widely available.

Still early days, the PS3 didn't have a great start however the tech in the PS3 certainly was more future proof than the Wii U.