Gaming Temporarily Banned from communities already

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I read the title and I thought someone made a community for the Temp (not even sure if that is possible) and it got removed or something :P

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so you would let your children play with zombieU etc.?
I don't think so....

@Arras.
I thought the same thing XD
Would be nice though ( but I guess Nintendo would insta ban us all :/ )

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Banned for something as simple as "reTARDIS"? Seriously? That's actually in no way offensive, regardless of how you interpret it. Poor butthurt souls.
I mean I admit the joke's pretty cheesy but there's actually nothing in there to provoke a ban. This is ridiculous.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given Mario's Italian background, I'd wager that someone's Been-i-to Mus-Online-i* school of Ban Hammering.

*Crude Benito Mussolini joke is crude.

So bad its good.

Banned for something as simple as "reTARDIS"? Seriously? That's actually in no way offensive, regardless of how you interpret it. Poor butthurt souls.
I mean I admit the joke's pretty cheesy but there's actually nothing in there to provoke a ban. This is ridiculous.

On the bright side, at least we're getting conclusive proof of the Nintendo userbase being whiny pussies.

Reactions: gamefan5

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not surprised your on a game console full of kids Making comments about Retards.. even if u thought it was a clever dr who joke in reality its a nasty comment, and now poor lil 8 yearolds will take that to school and call friends retardis.. i hope your perma banned.. my 6 yearold plays wii u and people like you ruin it for us all P:)

Good Day!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's why you NEVER EVER say the R word on a NINTENDO web site. don't people know the facts there are ALOT of people who find that offinise.

Reactions: MountApple

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's pretty narrow minded to think that no one would take offense to that. There's been a considerable movement against bullying, trying to get people to use words other than "retarded" or "gay" to describe things (There's a pic floating around the intertubes that I can't find at the moment). Just because you weren't offended doesn't mean a family with an autistic child that has to deal with schoolmates calling him a retard wouldn't.

If he were banned I'd say this was harsh, but a 3 day suspension is hardly something to make a thread about.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not surprised your on a game console full of kids Making comments about Retards.. even if u thought it was a clever dr who joke in reality its a nasty comment, and now poor lil 8 yearolds will take that to school and call friends retardis.. i hope your perma banned.. my 6 yearold plays wii u and people like you ruin it for us all P:)

Good Day!
Perhaps you as a parent should use Parental Controls options on your son's or daughter's console rather than restrict free speech of other users within the same system. They're there, y'know. A WiiU is not a nanny, it's not a parent. Upbringing your child is your responsibility - keep your child under a glass dome for all its life and see what happens.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone's child is going to be doomed to a life of crime and hatred for seeing the word "retard" on a Wii U community board.

Not that everyone should throw down slurs and insults but a 3 day ban for one word is just stupid. I can see Nintendo really hired a really hard ass staff. Or a Shutzstaffel.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A funny statement I usually use in these kinds of situations - There needs to be moderation in Moderation. Not every single offense is to be treated like genocide, not every offense is a bannable one and sometimes a verbal warning is perfectly enough. The moderating team is perfectly capable of removing the content they deem unsavoury, they should be spending their time doing that rather than alienating their userbase with over-moderating.

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Considering Nintendo is trying to keep the Wii U very family friendly, this is not surprising. Banning is a bit harsh, but at least this could lead to less "OMFGLOLBBQ! YOMAMMASUX!" in CoD :3
This.
I agree banning is a bit harsh in this case but since it's only 3 days it's acceptable and it's probably harsh so people will take it seriously, if it was just a verbal warning people would be more inclined to ignore it.

Though, somewhere more lenient, getting banned over something like that would be way too harsh. Nintendo however have always been very focused on keeping everything kid-safe, as evident by how the Friend Code system works, as well as the complete lack of chatting in most games.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can you provide some more context?
was it an insult?
random_user7568: "I liked the ** part of the latest episode"
you: "then you must be a reTARDIS, no one likes that episode!"

or was it just thrown out there as a funny word?

penis.

(like that)

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a bit much. I can see why they wouldn't want the word retard on there though.
Then again, 90% of the time, the ones using foul language on xbox are little kids.
Guess nintendo is still in the dark about what children are allowed to see and do these days.
They should've made a separate section of miiverse that's m rated or something.
Often we say things that could offend and don't even realize it. But whatever, ninty will be ninty after all.
Mortal kombat 1 snes version anyone? Now that was nintendo censorship at its best.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi