Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do I download the file? It keeps going to some better installer BS. Why does filetrip have to be so awful?
There is a button that says "Manual Download" ._.
I hate that bloody automated downloader too, but it's in place to help fund filetrip and keep it online.
Just click manual download like he said and you're at no risk though.

Also I would like to know for certain, what are the chances of TempGBA's developments being transferred back to gpSP?
The core improvements could substantially improve gpSP for GP2X, Wiz, Caanoo, OpenPandora, Dingoo, PSP and GCW Zero, it would be wonderful.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: RupeeClock

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate that bloody automated downloader too, but it's in place to help fund filetrip and keep it online.
Just click manual download like he said and you're at no risk though.

Also I would like to know for certain, what are the chances of TempGBA's developments being transferred back to gpSP?
The core improvements could substantially improve gpSP for GP2X, Wiz, Caanoo, OpenPandora, Dingoo, PSP and GCW Zero, it would be wonderful.

Do you know what all the filetrip installer will install. Probably quite a bit of things that are pretty hard to get rid of.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok i ve played my firered for 5 hrs now and i can so a few things about tempGBA

Prois
Great GUI
More Tools and functionailty such as emulator function global hotkey mapping/temp fastforward and rewind/frame conter and GBA Logo startup but i would like the option to have the GBA logo has banner on the botton like ive seen in others like flash-x that GBA Supercard and image steatch a tap for sides
Smooth Play and using better save format

Cons
it did freeze once within 2hrs of play which i think was caused by no frame skip and high cpu frequ set but i ve set the frame skip and cpu frequ to 2 so the frame cont is not average 20 Render 60 emulated instead of 30 render 60 emulated which is fine

I think this emulator has battery leak as my battery is drained alot faster than normal maybe it was caused by bios file i was using or settings using if any1 can help with this

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i ve played my firered for 5 hrs now and i can so a few things about tempGBA

Prois
Great GUI
a) More Tools and functionailty such as emulator function global hotkey mapping/temp fastforward and rewind/frame conter and GBA Logo startup but i would like the option to have the GBA logo has banner on the botton like ive seen in others like flash-x that GBA Supercard and image steatch a tap for sides
b) Smooth Play and using better save format

Cons
c) it did freeze once within 2hrs of play which i think was caused by no frame skip and high cpu frequ set but i ve set the frame skip and cpu frequ to 2 so the frame cont is not average 20 Render 60 emulated instead of 30 render 60 emulated which is fine

d) I think this emulator has battery leak as my battery is drained alot faster than normal maybe it was caused by bios file i was using or settings using if any1 can help with this
Overall, I think your post is missing a lot of things I need in order to understand it: things like grammar, good spelling and punctuation. I'll address your points one by one using the 'letter)' list marekers I've added to your message.

a) Yay!... But there's a feature request in one of the "pro"s of your review? I can't understand it; can you provide an image or a video?

b) Good :)

c) Use automatic frameskip. (Keep up with the game) 0 frameskip is not supported, but left in for the very easy-to-emulate games like the Super Mario Advance series. I can't understand what other settings you've tried.

d) The Supercard DSTwo has an on-board processor, which normal DS cartridges don't have. TempGBA uses that processor. It needs to be powered separately, so of course it will use up more power than "normal".

[lol]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sorry but umm I'm curious, could this emulator play final fantasy vi advance nicely?

by the way thank you for nebuleon creating something like this that not possible before

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
wow great emu OP i'm 32 and absolutely love my 3DSXL having a snes, gba & gb emu in one console is fantastic!!! hoping you can bring stretched screen modes for GBA emu so it will fill the screen! But great job and keep up the great work!! i am a dev on
XDADevelopers and i now how long it takes to get something like this out and in your own time too! Fantastic work

desolateone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anybody been able to get the Robopon games running? I can only seem to get a white screen after the atlus and other logos. It's apparently compatible.. yet I'm having no such luck. :(

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry but umm I'm curious, could this emulator play final fantasy vi advance nicely?

by the way thank you for nebuleon creating something like this that not possible before

Yes, it works just fine though sometimes the sound will get all noisy and the only way to fix it is to do a normal save (not a save state!) and then reset the game in the emulator and load that save. Oh, and the sound patch to restore the SNES sounds works just fine as well.

Reactions: [lol]

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any windows program where you can make your own AR codes for GBA? Or is there a way to do this from TempGBA? I know how to search for values, but am confused on which programs do what...

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying, but I tried ARCrypt, and unless the codes that VBA searched for are the same as RAW codes, then it doesn't have that option. Also, I assume no GBA emulator for Supercard has a cheat search function, right?

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for replying, but I tried ARCrypt, and unless the codes that VBA searched for are the same as RAW codes, then it doesn't have that option. Also, I assume no GBA emulator for Supercard has a cheat search function, right?
Indeed, no emulator has that function, only DS_GAME. The Supercard Team has:

* left all the code for cheat searching in Snes9x (NDSSFC) but did not exposed it in their frontend;
* not added any code to gpSP (NDSGBA) for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: