Team Sonic Racing: Overdrive two-part animation announced

6B5FB52F-BE58-44F1-AE32-F347FC2FA4F4.jpeg

When Sonic Mania Plus released, fans got to also experience Sonic Mania Adventures, a special animation series created to promote the game. With the launch of Team Sonic Racing on the horizon, SEGA has decided to do something similar, in the form of Team Sonic Racing: Overdrive, a two part animation. Just like Sonic Mania Adventures, there will be no spoken dialogue, and Tyson Hesse will be doing the animation again. The first episode is currently viewable on Twitter. Team Sonic Racing will release later this year on May 21st.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah right. I almost forgot this game existed.

Not really feeling this one like I was Mania Adventures. Don't think the "dialogue-less" gimmick works as well on Modern, either.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still upset they stripped out all the non-Sonic universe characters for this new racer. The previous two felt more like a celebration of Sega's complete history. Really going to miss Alex Kidd and Opa Opa.

Reactions: BlueFox gui

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I didn't think the silent characters would work for a racing cartoon, but the jokes and expressions did a really good job of carrying out the whole thing. Like Sonic Mania Adventures, I do wish they'd expand this further. It's a bit of a shame that it's only two episodes. I wonder what jokes or references they'll put into the second one.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm still upset they stripped out all the non-Sonic universe characters for this new racer. The previous two felt more like a celebration of Sega's complete history. Really going to miss Alex Kidd and Opa Opa.

Yeah... not motivated to buy this game anyway, I mean I got a few previous games but never had much fub with them.

I wonder if they will ever port Sonic R to the Switch?

Dubbicakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting style, 3D animation made to look like Sonic X. This weird little animation had more character than all of Forces.
Also, I need Chao back in my life, that after credits scene got me wanting more. Legit, why hasn't Sega made a Chao Garden for phones yet? ~shakes fist~

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This game tries really hard for the Sonic Adventure 1&2 nostalgia, hence why there is no Cream the Rabbit and instead we got a kart run by Chao. Not to mention it has Big the Cat.

It may add other characters as DLC later, who knows?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be great if they took this series back to it's Sega Saturn roots and just let the characters run instead of racing in cars. They gave Robotnik his own egg-mobile in that game and it just all made sense. I can't find myself ever playing a Sonic racer with cars involved.

If they give the cars different upgrades in these games, then they could just change it to give them better shoes or something instead. Just another Sonic IP with wasted potential in my eyes...

GOTTA GO FAST!!! (in a car...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc