Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
Also i forgot, SirVG is staff on a site which sells roms. So he certainly doesn't deserve a news article on here at all. I don't think anyone here supports selling warez do they? The only reason he dumped all this crap was due to the profits from the site. LGC didn't get an article about it when they left and they actually did GOOD games and didn't sell roms.

I know which site you're suggesting.

First off, they don't sell ROMs, they just have a system in place to control bandwidth usage, but anything can be acquired on there without having to pay a penny.

Second, Team Sir VG never made a profit. If ANY dumping team makes a profit, I'd be surprised. I know hundreds of dollars have been spent and while some contributions were made by various people, dumping was never done "to make a profit" - it was just to help offset costs.

Just thought I'd get the facts straight.

Thanks to all who are supportive in this decision.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
iNFiNiTY said:
Also i forgot, SirVG is staff on a site which sells roms. So he certainly doesn't deserve a news article on here at all. I don't think anyone here supports selling warez do they? The only reason he dumped all this crap was due to the profits from the site. LGC didn't get an article about it when they left and they actually did GOOD games and didn't sell roms.
sleep.gif

why the hell would you care if you could the roms for free? piracy isnt easy, from what i see at all the rom sites there's always this thing: DONATE

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iPikachu said:
iNFiNiTY said:
sleep.gif

why the hell would you care if you could the roms for free? piracy isnt easy, from what i see at all the rom sites there's always this thing: DONATE

The ROM sites I use dont have a donate button in sight and then there is the newsgroups...

freddy pharkas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We salute you SirVG, thanks for the contributions you've made in the scene. Thought you were crybabies because of the conflicts/controversies behind the scene but at last, you just want to move on and change that small part of your time to something more meaningful to you. Good luck to your future endeavors or whatever you want to do in your life. May the holy spirit of Mr. Bean guide you (just kidding). Good byeees!!!.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
The site you are staff on makes a profit, thats what i said. I don't know about this bandwidth thing you are saying but it used to be pay only, of course you couldn't keep doing it because there's too many better competition sites where you dont need to pay. And money from that obviously went towards your dumps didn't it. You didn't set any facts straight you just avoided the point.. of course the group isn't for profit but the site most certainly is.

You was supporting a site selling warez simple as that. And thats completely AGAINST everything groups should stand for. It wasn't a donate button (although accepting donations on this kind of site is very lame too) "iPikachu" it was directing selling roms for points. So don't comment on what you don't even know about.

Fuck you SirVG, you're releases were crap anyway and paid for by the selling of other groups GOOD releases. Some other respectable dumpers will continue to do the undumped and you'll hopefully be forgotten about.

MRCOOLGH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely shocked about this. I'm thinking of continuing their work. If Sir VG allowed his teams name to be carried on I would so carry it with pride.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
As stated by many members before me, they were dumping all the "bad" games. And even if no one here at GBATemp are playing these, I think they've made an huge & impressive work for the scene and for all kids (who like these games) so only one word :

Thanks.
wink.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
iPikachu said:
iNFiNiTY said:
blah blah blah, so many words here
sleep.gif

hmm, pika sounds like u don't know how not easy it is to dump a rom(i am not quite sure about this whether or not it works but

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1942

this post is posted as an if, if u wish to backup your ds cartridges, just how do u do it, so anyway before they even dump this, how u think they get the roms from? suppliers? ya, right as if there are kind guys who say, hey u are dumping roms? here, have a free cartridge of every game from me
biggrin.gif
NO!!! they have to buy it themselves and then repackage it...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
anandjones said:
iPikachu said:
Then you need to use good sites. *Hint hint one I moderate.
ive an account on that rom site ;] the roms are uploaded soooo early that they dont make it into the dumped rom list on the gbatemp.net frontpage =]

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that Sir VG released the shitty games that my 5 year old brother would allllwwwwaays ask for, made life so much easier...

There's nothing worse than having that little kid have like 20 games on him and continually lose the new ones you just spent 20 dollars on, and then whine about it. @_@;

In any case, hopefully they'll move on to something better, and someone else will pick up these smaller games.
tongue.gif

For those people saying that there is money in it, you're retards. There is no money in BUYING the game and selling it to others, the ROMs barely make money either. Consider -snip- where they ALWAYS meet the 'donation' and pass it, those aren't the people who make the roms, those are the people who gather them together, make them in a decent site, and give 'em up for free (As they should be) but with incentive(much of it) to donate to them. They then openly declare that they'll use it to buy more flashcarts/DSes/whatever.

It's vERY VERY rare that the person who actually releases it is the same person who profits from it, eXTREMELY rare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e