Rockstar acquires modding team Cfx.re

rockstar cfx.jpg

In an official blog post shared on Friday, Rockstar has announced the acquisition roleplay modding team Cfx.re. The latter is known for its Grand Theft Auto 5 mod FiveM and Red Dead Redemption 2 mod RedM which focus on custom multiplayer and role-playing experiences. Back in 2015, Rockstar Games called the FiveM server "an authorized alternate multiplayer server that contains code to facilitate piracy"; but changed its roleplay servers policy last November to allow the use of such servers on the condition that they are non-commercial, do not misuse IP or trademarks.

The acquisition announcement reads the following:

Over the past few years, we've watched with excitement as Rockstar’s creative community have found new ways to expand the possibilities of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2, particularly through the creation of dedicated roleplay servers. As a way to further support those efforts, we recently expanded our policy on mods to officially include those made by the roleplay creative community.

By partnering with the Cfx.re team, we will help them find new ways to support this incredible community and improve the services they provide to their developers and players.

For its part, Cfx.re said that "while our day-to-day operations won’t have any noticeable changes, with Rockstar’s support, we are going to continue to improve our platform and we are truly excited for what this means for our users, community, and creators."

:arrow: SOURCE

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i agree for this being just a farce but if it holds true and it isn't one (meaning a mod store for the PC version) i could get behind them taking a "bethesda" approach to modding but we shall see maybe T2 realizes their PR has gon down the shitter by suing modders now if only another company did the same but doubt it

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO, Dan was pretty much forced out for fostering a toxic workspace (at least that's the consensus, we don't really know for sure) with plenty of reported alcoholism, misogyny and crunch.

He now has his own studio called Absurd Ventures and has nothing to do with R* in any way.
[Citation needed]

If your statement is true, that's a breath of relief, sure. But the Housers have demonstrated an ego problem that demands scrutiny and review. Until I see something proving they're actually gone, I can't in good faith believe their cancer on the studio is finally over.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
[Citation needed]

If your statement is true, that's a breath of relief, sure. But the Housers have demonstrated an ego problem that demands scrutiny and review. Until I see something proving they're actually gone, I can't in good faith believe their cancer on the studio is finally over.
Have you been living on Mars for the last 5 years or did you miss the whole R*, Blizzard & Take2 situation? Citation needed? How about the girl that literally ended herself because of pressure from her boss for Sex, the fact that TT, Bilz employees employees and R* employees had a special room in a vegas hotel that they used exclusively for beer and cocaine fueled orgies, the fact that R* shed half its staff because of the toxic workplace culture that was being fostered by Dan Houser & Lazlow (heck the two literally did an interview bragging about 18 hours a day crunch periods), half of Blizzard got sacked or walked away before they were pushed, Kotik was denounced and had emails leaked about incredibly shady things he had done in his past. The entire company (Take 2) and all its subsidiaries, from the very top down, was a steaming pile of horse shit.

Trust me Dan Houser is gone from R*, he was sacrificed to the gods of PR because, by all accounts, he was every bit as bad as the others involved.

When I say we don't know, I mean we don't know exactly because they never said, that doesn't change the fact we have witnesses who have stated just how bad it was working at TT, R* & Blizzard.

Edit - I actually might have conflated 2 separate incidents here. Blizzard is Activision, not sure they have anything to do with TT but IIRC both happened at roughly the same time which is probably why I thought they were connected.

Last edited by Dungeonseeker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch