NULL

Team SirVG Says Goodbye

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Sir VG

Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 26, 2004
    United States
    I know which site you're suggesting.

First off, they don't sell ROMs, they just have a system in place to control bandwidth usage, but anything can be acquired on there without having to pay a penny.

Second, Team Sir VG never made a profit. If ANY dumping team makes a profit, I'd be surprised. I know hundreds of dollars have been spent and while some contributions were made by various people, dumping was never done "to make a profit" - it was just to help offset costs.

Just thought I'd get the facts straight.

Thanks to all who are supportive in this decision.

2. iPikachu

iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Oct 27, 2008
    Senegal
    [​IMG]
    why the hell would you care if you could the roms for free? piracy isnt easy, from what i see at all the rom sites there's always this thing: DONATE

3. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    The ROM sites I use dont have a donate button in sight and then there is the newsgroups...

4. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    I salute the Team SirVG!!!
    regardless the game is how and what!
    is the effort that counts [​IMG]

thanks [​IMG]

5. freddy pharkas

freddy pharkas Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2006
    We salute you SirVG, thanks for the contributions you've made in the scene. Thought you were crybabies because of the conflicts/controversies behind the scene but at last, you just want to move on and change that small part of your time to something more meaningful to you. Good luck to your future endeavors or whatever you want to do in your life. May the holy spirit of Mr. Bean guide you (just kidding). Good byeees!!!.

6. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    to the guys at SirVG: all i can offer u is this pic:

[​IMG]

well i am sad to see u gone but good luck with whatever projects/life choice u be making in future [​IMG]

7. iNFiNiTY

iNFiNiTY GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 18, 2004
    The site you are staff on makes a profit, thats what i said. I don't know about this bandwidth thing you are saying but it used to be pay only, of course you couldn't keep doing it because there's too many better competition sites where you dont need to pay. And money from that obviously went towards your dumps didn't it. You didn't set any facts straight you just avoided the point.. of course the group isn't for profit but the site most certainly is.

You was supporting a site selling warez simple as that. And thats completely AGAINST everything groups should stand for. It wasn't a donate button (although accepting donations on this kind of site is very lame too) "iPikachu" it was directing selling roms for points. So don't comment on what you don't even know about.

Fuck you SirVG, you're releases were crap anyway and paid for by the selling of other groups GOOD releases. Some other respectable dumpers will continue to do the undumped and you'll hopefully be forgotten about.

8. MRCOOLGH

MRCOOLGH Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2008
    United States
    I'm completely shocked about this. I'm thinking of continuing their work. If Sir VG allowed his teams name to be carried on I would so carry it with pride.

9. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Well thats poopie.

10. anandjones

anandjones GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Then you need to use good sites. *Hint hint one I moderate.

11. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

Nov 15, 2006
    France
    Somewhere in the world
    As stated by many members before me, they were dumping all the "bad" games. And even if no one here at GBATemp are playing these, I think they've made an huge & impressive work for the scene and for all kids (who like these games) so only one word :

Thanks. [​IMG]

12. MacGnG

MacGnG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2007
    United States
    Know Where
    THANK YOU for the games you dumped.

13. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    hmm, pika sounds like u don't know how not easy it is to dump a rom(i am not quite sure about this whether or not it works but

Warning: Spoilers inside!

this post is posted as an if, if u wish to backup your ds cartridges, just how do u do it, so anyway before they even dump this, how u think they get the roms from? suppliers? ya, right as if there are kind guys who say, hey u are dumping roms? here, have a free cartridge of every game from me [​IMG] NO!!! they have to buy it themselves and then repackage it...

14. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    ive an account on that rom site ;] the roms are uploaded soooo early that they dont make it into the dumped rom list on the gbatemp.net frontpage =]

15. kesadisan

kesadisan GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2008
    Indonesia
    Farplane
    Saraba Sir VG

16. Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2007
    United States
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

17. Zyenet

Zyenet GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great! (games)

I think I know what site Sir VG was talking about...RU perhaps?

18. Pyrofyr

Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 24, 2008
    United States
    Miami
    I love that Sir VG released the shitty games that my 5 year old brother would allllwwwwaays ask for, made life so much easier...

There's nothing worse than having that little kid have like 20 games on him and continually lose the new ones you just spent 20 dollars on, and then whine about it. @_@;

In any case, hopefully they'll move on to something better, and someone else will pick up these smaller games. [​IMG]

For those people saying that there is money in it, you're retards. There is no money in BUYING the game and selling it to others, the ROMs barely make money either. Consider -snip- where they ALWAYS meet the 'donation' and pass it, those aren't the people who make the roms, those are the people who gather them together, make them in a decent site, and give 'em up for free (As they should be) but with incentive(much of it) to donate to them. They then openly declare that they'll use it to buy more flashcarts/DSes/whatever.

It's vERY VERY rare that the person who actually releases it is the same person who profits from it, eXTREMELY rare.

19. masdeeper

masdeeper GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2007
    Canada
    thanks to SirVG
    Godspeed

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    It really is a shame to see such a loyal team go down, very unexpected but i just guess they took their choice.

NULL