Team Rebug starts pre-orders for their SwitchMe internal modchip

NEWS UPDATE: July 22th - Team REBUG has started pre-orders for their Switch Dev Board! :)
final-render.jpg

Team REBUG has put on the final touches to their 'SwitchME' dev board for the Nintendo Switch console, they have added some 'breakout' solder pads for future expansion and other usages, but it still only needs 4 wires for normal installs on your Switch, and it allows full usage of all the various payloads from ReiNX to Atmosphere to SX OS. :)
evilsperm said:
Pricing Tiers:
  • 1 – $7.49
  • 2-9 – $7.29
  • 10-19 – $7.00
  • 20-49 – $6.79
  • 50+ – $6.00
Nintendo Switch Dev Board
  • Internal board to launch RCM payloads.
  • Cortex m0+ dev board
  • This is a pre-order, expect delivery in the very near future.
  • Board Dimensions 0.59 x 1.05 inch
You can use this to launch Custom Firmware’s for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Auto RCM Strapping – 5-6 wire install
  • Software Auto RCM – 4 wire install
  • Normal Mode – 4 wire install
  • Auto Payload injection after reboot – 5-6 wire install
If no Auto RCM strapping used you will either need to use a jig or solder pin 1-10 on the right joycon. We will have detailed write-ups soon under the Nintendo Switch section of the site. You can also use this as standalone development board (Like the Trinket m0)
The project is basically finished now, they have moved into the 'pre-order' phase with amazing affordable pricing starting at only $7.49 each, so check it out now:

:arrow: Official Site: Rebug
:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know how you getting these high prices for shipping, i am in one of worse countries (dominican republic) and it only comes up to $10.50 -- Anyplace else for SX PRO i was looking at $60 to $90 in shipping charges even from china.

Im looking at you from south florida bro....:ninja:

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@digipimp75
I find it funny but that's just me, Secondly every one of our 5000 orders shipped out so if you didnt get yours there was an issue in transit. Shit happens especially when the device is the size of a fingernail and shipped in polly bags. Even though they are inside of a ESD bags as well I guess its no match for the conveyor belt at USPS/DLH or just that the people working for USPS/DHL are pretty much all special needs and dont deliever to the correct address. Hell about 10 people that don't even know their own zip code that placed orders and they got lost in transit... (again not our fault)
So you can complain all you like but I respond to emails instantly unless I am sleeping. Even than I respond the second I wake up, but we took care of you by issuing a full refund. If you want to place an order somewhere else be my guest. Out of 5000 orders shipped only 38 have issues. Looks like you were one of the 38 and that's that.

As for devboards.xyz yes they handle all of our sales and distribution now. They will start shipping as soon as we get them in their hands. We placed another order of 5000 units and they are still a few weeks away from shipping out. After the chinese holiday the factory had to play catch-up and need to hand flash the boot loaders of 5000 chips by hand is not a fast process by any means. I will update everyone as soon as the factory has a set ship date.

I understand that shipping issues happen, and that's not the point. I was just saying that your attitude was not very customer-centric. I still have not received a refund, so let's just get that done and move on.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I´ve just received mine!
Found the guides. No problem.
Just one question. For this to work with the 4 wires install, do i need to have auto RCM enabled?

Last edited by Moquedami,
D

Deleted User

I dont have mine yet but i guess you just need a jig if you dont mind (and dont want to autorcm) - a modified joy con should be no burden for example. but i could be wrong of course.

itruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using the SX PRO device since it's come out and finally letting my son on the console, but the whole plugging in, holding two buttons on each start is going to be a pain, along with the battery drain.

With the internal chip, I see that it boots up to whichever payload I want. But when I shut it down, will it shut down completely without draining my battery? and then once turned on again, boot to SX OS? If so, this'll the modchip will be best for me and my son.
So..
Is there anyone in the UK offering a install service as well?

Thanks

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
with 4 wire if you dont use auto rcm you will need a jig, or modded controller (jig)

@itruk
yes it will compleatly shut off now with ctcaer 4.2 or higher and no battery drain.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is there any advantage to using this mod chip besides it being a internal payload laucher?
The SAMD range do more than just push payloads.

They can activate RCM mode, actually choose a different payload transparent to an end-user, they can save fuses even in official Nintendo upgrades.

For permanently modding your switch, the SAMD chips are hard to beat.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The SAMD range do more than just push payloads.

They can activate RCM mode, actually choose a different payload transparent to an end-user, they can save fuses even in official Nintendo upgrades.

For permanently modding your switch, the SAMD chips are hard to beat.

where can i find the official site for these and where to buy them?

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
where can i find the official site for these and where to buy them?
The SAMD21 is a series of Cortex M0 microcontrollers.

They are fitted to numerous boards. For example...

Adafruit: Trinket M0, Gemma M0, Itsybitsy M0, Feather M0 (all can fit inside a Switch)
Dedicated internal chips: RCMX86, Rebug SwitchME

All do exactly the same job using exactly the same (pretty much) code.

Whichever board you choose, it is supported. But it HAS to be a SAMD21-based dev board.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The SAMD21 is a series of Cortex M0 microcontrollers.

They are fitted to numerous boards. For example...

Adafruit: Trinket M0, Gemma M0, Itsybitsy M0, Feather M0 (all can fit inside a Switch)
Dedicated internal chips: RCMX86, Rebug SwitchME

Whichever board you choose, it is supported. But it HAS to be a SAMD21-based dev board.

I ve heard of rebug (ps3) but which one would one would u recommend in terms of reliability, quality, features 0ffer by their own software/firmware

can any of these boards be used for permanent cfw in future like was describe when cfw for switch. a group were talking about permanent cfw by use of modchip

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ve heard of rebug (ps3) but which one would one would u recommend in terms of reliability, quality, features 0ffer by their own software/firmware

can any of these boards be used for permanent cfw in future like was describe when cfw for switch. a group were talking about permanent cfw by use of modchip
All are equally good.

I like the trinket as it has a RGB dotstar led. Very handy. The other two are fine though.

munky-head

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yeah, got ripped off. Ordered 3, never got them, never received any answer, and gave them too much credit and patience to be able to file a complaint with the credit card company. Money thrown away.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, got ripped off. Ordered 3, never got them, never received any answer, and gave them too much credit and patience to be able to file a complaint with the credit card company. Money thrown away.

Had the same thing.

Received a torn parcel without the board and mentioned it using the "contact us" email. Got a reply and thought things were going well (sent evidence etc) but then things stalled when I was told there was no more stock for sale, and it was all going to resellers. Was told they'd contact a reseller to send me a replacement and nothing happened after that. Communication died completely.

While I love the work Rebug have done on the CFW scene - selling hardware doesn't seem to be their "thing".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work