ROM Hack Tales of Hearts - English Translation

Makenboshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
when people wants to give something positive why there are so many flames appear?

btw, i hope this guide will help to translation project
i played halfway w/o the guide, and just started again after seeing this guide
Code:
http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/guides/tohguidekouli.php

keep doing your best guys

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well well
smile.gif
first ToI and now ToH. which version is it ? the 1st or the late 2nd ?
also good luck on this project!

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Noitora said:
Goofy Time said:
Noitora said:
From a past thread if I recall correctly, a bunch of hackers had a hard time hacking the script files, have fun OP and sorry but I don't think you're gonna make it, tales of hearts is a somewhat complicated game to hack, a 100% translation is really out of the question, a menu translation would be feasible though.

I didn't instantly assume that the game cannot be translated

Don't really know about the OP but donelwero is a newbie in romhacking, unless they get help from someone who really knows what he is doing they aren't gonna get far in the translation.

Not unless they reverse engineer the script file, and believe me it's not gonna be that easy, and it's not just the script file, the rest of the files need reverse engineering, they can't think of hex editing the whole game, can they? They should consider themselves lucky if Darthnemesis helps them out.

Last time I checked I didn't have any myopia, I'm talking about tales of hearts, not tempest. And also tales of the tempest is much easier to hack than tales of hearts.
And also pretty much anyone could hex edit a game. Oh, read KiC's post by the way.

@OP: I may seem like a dick but don't you think you should at least locate most of the text in the game first before saying that this is gonna be a full translation?

So just came back form very tough days to see this. But I guess that's kinda like you Noitora... and I truly respect you so, if you feel up to the task, give us a hand, please.
And yeah we'll feel insanely lucky if DarthNemesis helps us, he's like a God or something to me
bow.gif

Oh yeah, i forgot. I'm a newbie, hope that's no a problem to anyone.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
So just came back form very tough days to see this. But I guess that's kinda like you Noitora... and I tryly respect you so, if you feel up to the task, give us a hand, please.
And yeah we'll feel insanely lucky if DarthNemesis helps us, he's like a God or something to me
bow.gif

Even if there is any problems with that, you're still on the team and I could care less unless you start doing something crazy with the game or something.
tongue.gif

And I could see you respecting DarthNemesis or people like throughhim or Kingcom, etc. but Noitora... I guess I disagree there.

@Noitora
Unless you're psychic and know something that I do not, I did spend several days locating the text for the game.

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Noitora said:
Goofy Time said:
Noitora said:
From a past thread if I recall correctly, a bunch of hackers had a hard time hacking the script files, have fun OP and sorry but I don't think you're gonna make it, tales of hearts is a somewhat complicated game to hack, a 100% translation is really out of the question, a menu translation would be feasible though.

I didn't instantly assume that the game cannot be translated

Don't really know about the OP but donelwero is a newbie in romhacking, unless they get help from someone who really knows what he is doing they aren't gonna get far in the translation.

Not unless they reverse engineer the script file, and believe me it's not gonna be that easy, and it's not just the script file, the rest of the files need reverse engineering, they can't think of hex editing the whole game, can they? They should consider themselves lucky if Darthnemesis helps them out.

Last time I checked I didn't have any myopia, I'm talking about tales of hearts, not tempest. And also tales of the tempest is much easier to hack than tales of hearts.
And also pretty much anyone could hex edit a game. Oh, read KiC's post by the way.

@OP: I may seem like a dick but don't you think you should at least locate most of the text in the game first before saying that this is gonna be a full translation?

So just came back form very tough days to see this. But I guess that's kinda like you Noitora... and I truly respect you so, if you feel up to the task, give us a hand, please.
bow.gif

how can u call ur self a noobie ! u are beyond a god like kefka. . .

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
donelwero said:
bow.gif

QUOTE(neoxephon @ Jul 25 2009, 12:16 AM) @Noitora
Unless you're psychic and know something that I do not, I did spend several days locating the text for the game.

Sorry I shouldn't have been so harsh guys, I should show some respect to you, you're doing a fine job so far, I'll shut up for now and let you guys do your job, I was kinda like that when I started romhacking too
tongue.gif

And also donelwero, I don't think you need my help, there's not many things I can do that you can't.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
No way!! I'm not a god.. I'm just an ordinary newbie.

I know there's still a lot to learn to do all those things that you can do. I learned a lot with DQ9 menu translation, and I'm expecting the same from this translation. I'll never compare myself with you guys. It's not my league yet.

LegendarySkitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question...I think you said that you're doing it like Throughhim and waiting until it's done, but is there any chance of a menu patch after you finish translating the items, skills and artes?

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small update since its not big enough to make a blog post about:

Today I got all the menu text repointed and working perfectly. I also finished the strategy screen and repointed that text as well.

Clemente is almost done with our custom font, which will be much better than the default, both in cosmetics and in usability.

Really soon I will be updating the blog with screenshots of the finished menu.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:

Today I got all the menu text repointed and working perfectly. I also finished the strategy screen and repointed that text as well.

Clemente is almost done with our custom font, which will be much better than the default, both in cosmetics and in usability.

Still waiting on that insider92 guy to contact me for the file format information.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
neoxephon said:

Still waiting on that insider92 guy to contact me for the file format information.

Yeah, I just PM'd you about that.

miss_DSlite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
this may or may not be good news, but i just went over to a chinese site and hooray, there's a chinese translation of it for dl purpose
biggrin.gif

by Chinese u mean it have some English stuff on it? look at demon souls the Chinese version if full English !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps