Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Common sense, I guess... which is pretty rare these days on the Temp.

Yes and no. Naehrwert is obvious. Hex on the other hand? Hard to tell. Common sense usually implies that it's the easiest and most logical outcome to believe/conceive. However, to instantly assume your views as fact without much to back it up is nothing short of arrogance.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: crazy_p
D

Deleted-452294

OP
My source is his Tweet. He posted about decrypting the bootloader, nothing more. Yet now suddenly everyone is expecting him to release a full working crack of SX OS.
You should read the replies as well.
"All this is cool, but we (community) would like to receive a direct answer - will you release that crack on public or it's personal challenge only?" (Weabu23/status/1011293672799916037 @ twitter)
"I don't see why this would be kept private so..." (hexkyz/status/1011295732190490624 @ twitter)

And, reading from the blog post itself, I believe it is quite obvious he is talking about a crack of the DRM.
Decryption tools are already public.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
"All this is cool, but we (community) would like to receive a direct answer - will you release that crack on public or it's personal challenge only?" (Weabu23/status/1011293672799916037 @ twitter)
"I don't see why this would be kept private so..." (hexkyz/status/1011295732190490624 @ twitter)

And, reading from the blog post itself, I believe it is quite obvious he is talking about a crack of the DRM.
I think" common sense" applies to this response better than "he won't release the crack cuz I say so"..

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You usually don't start a sentence with "I don't see why..." if you are being clear about something. That one is up for interpretation, but nothing else.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States

I've read the replies. He's talking about the fully decrypted bootloader which was not previously available. That's what he posted the screenshot of. Nothing more. Note where he says "I don't see why THIS would be kept private" referring directly to the screenshot.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You usually don't start a sentence with "I don't see why..." if you are being clear about something. That one is up for interpretation, but nothing else.
So, speculation? Which brings up the question.. Again... What's the source on him NOT releasing a crack for the OS? There isn't one. Either way, actually.

Reactions: Noroxus
D

Deleted-452294

OP
I've read the replies. He's talking about the fully decrypted bootloader which was not previously available. That's what he posted the screenshot of. Nothing more.
Well, it is a possibility, anyway, I cannot out-rule it. Time will tell.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think" common sense" applies to this response better than "he won't release the crack cuz I say so"..

Okay, why do you alter a quote in a way that it doesn't reflect what was originally written anymore? I guess you misunderstood an opinion as a fact and now cling to that more than necessary.

So, speculation? Which brings up the question.. Again... What's the source on him NOT releasing a crack for the OS? There isn't one. Either way, actually.

Calm down. Nobody wants to take you away from your stance. You are pretty aggressive for discussing such a meaningless topic. Or are you that desperate to get SX OS for free that anything sounding negative about that threatens you? :rofl2:

Last edited by Axido,

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If naehrwert somehow manages to crack it, of couse he'll release it. Might not be by his alias, like sending the code to someone he trusts etc to avoid pirate association. But doing all this work just for bragging rights? C'mon...

D

Deleted-452294

OP
He decrypted the payload
That's not the dat file tho or the license
It is the boot.dat file... And licenses only contain a RSA-encrypted message of the console fingerprint given by TX OS.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
If naehrwert somehow manages to crack it, of couse he'll release it. Might not be by his alias, like sending the code to someone he trusts etc to avoid pirate association. But doing all this work just for bragging rights? C'mon...
Even if he does that he is related to pirate association by cracking it, he will be credited :)

Reactions: lukhart

Shirpie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shrek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All aboard the hype train
ab6dbc1be83f0c26b34e1675f131f963.jpg

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He's talking about the fully decrypted bootloader which was not previously available.

What makes you think that? he doesn't specify that and nobody asked him about that.

That's what he posted the screenshot of. Nothing more. Note where he says "I don't see why THIS would be kept private" referring directly to the screenshot.

He doesn't post a screen shot in that thread. It's a thread talking about his SX OS crack.

Reactions: Kioku

fluidmax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also don't forget...he is is UK....unlike geohot....a totally different set of rules when it comes to RE.

However I do agree with xiaNaix...he won't release the cracked TX-OS in its entirety. That is against his peraonal believes. I do somehow think it will be a tool or some sort to decrypt original TXOS. How you want to use it...is entirely up to the end user.

Fred Molyneux

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The source is that he clearly stated he is anti piracy, and that cast a big doubt about releasing it. But most of the devs who claimed that like too much the glory to not release it, generally through 3rd party. They are too addicted to e-fame to control their ego, so i am pretty sure that if he does crack it, it will be fully leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__