SX OS begins to be cracked

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Deleted-442439, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted-452294
    OP

Deleted-452294 Newbie

I respect everyone, because everyone deserves respect. He only shared the basis for those tools, so he will somehow be related, but that doesn't mean he is a hypocrite or that he is pro-piracy. He just doesn't want his name involved with piracy.
    He is not responsible for any kind of piracy, and he is not "actively trying to crack it in public". He might be cracking it privately, but he never showed anything related to him cracking it. He's only decrypted it so far, and that's all he showed.

2. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    You didn't specify what you meant by "release a cracked version of the TXOS directly", which makes your argument meaningless.

I was pointing out that even if you don't get it directly from him, then it will still count as him releasing it.

Right, but he's either going to release the crack or at least he's pretending he will.

Konata Izumi‏ @konachanizumi 24h24 hours ago
    Replying to @hexkyz
    I have a question. When you finish cracking TXOS's DRM, do you intend to release your work? I see a moral dilemma here; you'd be enabling people to use TXOS's backup loading and enabling people to pirate TXOS. But TX is profiting off piracy, which could be ethically worse?

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

[​IMG]Mike Heskin‏ @hexkyz 22h22 hours ago
    Considering the free and open-source solutions available it makes little sense to not share this publicly.

0 replies0 retweets14 likes

End of conversation

New conversation

[​IMG]Xenofly‏ @Weabu23 22h22 hours ago
    Replying to @hexkyz
    All this is cool, but we (community) would like to receive a direct answer - will you release that crack on public or it's personal challenge only?

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

[​IMG]Mike Heskin‏ @hexkyz 22h22 hours ago
    I don't see why this would be kept private so...

Last edited by smf, Jun 26, 2018
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. kamesenin888
    This message by kamesenin888 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018, Reason: Stop with the flamewar.
    Jun 26, 2018
  4. Deleted-452294
    This message by Deleted-452294 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018, Reason: Stop with the flamewar.
    Jun 26, 2018
  5. whoIsAndrej
    This message by whoIsAndrej has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018, Reason: Stop with the flamewar.
    Jun 26, 2018
  6. kamesenin888
    This message by kamesenin888 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 27, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Jun 26, 2018
  7. Absintu
    This message by Absintu has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 27, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Jun 26, 2018
  8. DeuX
    This message by DeuX has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018, Reason: Stop with the flamewar.
    Jun 26, 2018
  9. kamesenin888
    This message by kamesenin888 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018, Reason: Stop with the flamewar.
    Jun 26, 2018
  10. moopas

moopas GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    United States
    Just as a side note, I am completely 100% satisfied with my SX Pro. Already have about a hundred hours in Xenoblade, a few dozen spread out elsewhere among Isaac, Darkest Dungeon, and a few other games. Still not banned, checked a few times in OFW so far (not saying I wont be in the end). The updates so far have been pretty spot on. All in all, I have to say it was well worth the 45 dollars I spent on it, regardless if a free solution comes out and is better now. I've gotten more than a game's worth of time and enjoyment out of it, so I'd have actually felt more remorse if I bought a normal game. Only possible downside at all is if I eventually get banned, but it looks like the free solution is doing a far FAR better job at that, only adding more worth to that 45 dollars. Now, that isn't to say that the free solution is, or will be bad. I'm positive 100% that it will be improved, worked upon, and even likely better than SX in the future... but that is the future, and I have no regrets purchasing the SX Pro. If it is cracked, then congratulations to the users waiting. But SX Pro wasn't a bad decision, at least in my eyes/wallet.

11. smf
    This message by smf has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018, Reason: Stop with the flamewar.
    Jun 26, 2018
  12. kamesenin888
    Jun 26, 2018
  13. smf
    This message by smf has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018, Reason: Stop with the flamewar.
    Jun 26, 2018
  14. kamesenin888
    Jun 26, 2018
  15. smf
    Jun 26, 2018
  16. kamesenin888
    Jun 26, 2018
  17. smf
    Jun 26, 2018
  18. kamesenin888
    This message by kamesenin888 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 26, 2018.
    Jun 26, 2018
  19. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Okey, if this fighting continues, I will not hesitate handing out warnings and can lead to bans. This is your only and final warning.

20. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    Roger that :)

21. Indominusda1e

Indominusda1e GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just lock the thread mate it's pointless now

Rel and DarthDub like this.
  22. Chipidy

Chipidy GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Chipidy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 14, 2018
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    It is a "cool thing". But Taking down Hectate to stop piracy and then trying to crack someone else's work..... It makes no sense lol .Might as well of kept Hectate up the whole time! Funny thing is .. he bricked his Switch ( one of them ) and than compalined about it.... Well.... No ----! Of course! You think Xecuter is going to let someone just walk into thier code without consequences?

Xecuter has been in the game along time .mark my words. Nothing "good" will come out of breaking into thier software. Like in the past, they always have something hiding

xiaNaix and Rel like this.
  23. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I didn't see him complaining about it. Just talking about it on Twitter, warning others, etc.

24. Chipidy

Chipidy GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 14, 2018
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I got a little out of hand sorry haha . Not defending Xecuter. But why can't Hec just do his own work? I don't get it. Even IF they crack SX OS.... Than what? Free SX OS? What version? 1.2 or 1.3 when it comes out . Xecuter will just patch the next build and make it harder, leaving the users who ironically "pirated" SX OS to stay in a lower version. No one wins this game. Also, if you actually look in the code, you will find a lot more than one "trigger" lol. I'm pumped to see what happens . But why can't teams stop attacking eachother lmao. Makes for a good movie, but I think Xecuter isn't stupid enough to let this slide. We shall see

Let's just all get along. Homebrew is where it's at .Piracy is illegal and will lead to issues.

Last edited by Chipidy, Jun 27, 2018
  25. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Your logic is.. flawed. and you’ve made false statements about complaints by H. Already “marked your words” that nothing good will come out of decrypting TX’s OS, so please make sure not to use any open-sourced homebrew alternatives that are made from the knowledge gained from the breaking of the encryption; except that you will. No one is making you use a cracked version. because you find it troublesome doesn’t mean it won’t be useful to others, so if you want everyone to get along, then stop flaming other people who want otherwise.

Last edited by kornychaos, Jun 27, 2018
    clank likes this.
  26. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    have fun being bricked :lol:

27. Chipidy

Chipidy GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 14, 2018
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Homebrew alternatives to SX OS you mean? From breaking the encryption on some other teams product and making something else? What knowledge is gain there, theft?

Hectate was removed for a while because of "piracy" scares the dev didn't want..... Then continues to pirate himself.... So no, if anything.. That makes no sense. Piracy is piracy .My point still stands.

I was cheering on the dev of Hectate for a while don't get me wrong .But a dev who claimed to not want piracy , and then pirates himself ... We all know what that is called.

That isn't flaming, this is now legit facts that Hectate has said. How he doesn't like piracy. I wouldn't care ( same with many people ) if he just cracked SX OS "without" saying before how he hates piracy.

"I hate pineapple guys I am banning them. Oh look someone else has the keys to tons of pineapple! I'm going to go steal them! "

Last edited by Chipidy, Jun 27, 2018
    DarthDub likes this.
  28. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    I agree completely with you, that's why if the crack is out we must credit them for their work, so they cannot say that they are anti piracy anymore

Memoir, DarthDub, Rel and 1 other person like this.
  29. Chipidy

Chipidy GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 14, 2018
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    That's fair! Makes sense. Thank you

30. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I dunno. Maybe Hec is not against piracy but doesn't want to be directly responsible for it. Maybe he takes exception to companies profiting from piracy after getting help and information from others for free*, and hopes to damage their profits. Whatever the reasons, I think it's more ironic that people are supporting Team Xecutor and against someone cracking their piracy tools.

* It's unlikely that Team Xecuter were able to do everything without the help of the rest of the community, e.g. tools, libs, documentation, etc

31. zaku

zaku GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2018
    Uganda
    Ha TX must've done some good work if its taking this long to crack their shit.

naddel81 likes this.
  32. Benoit934

Benoit934 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2016
    France
    I don't know he any one tried to hack their server, it might be funny to not beeing easilly able to patch the boot.dat but being able to run something like SQL injection on their licensing system

But because their website is surely against attacks 24/7 I guess it's protected against typical exploits

33. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    As TX talk openly about using SX OS for piracy and it looks like some of SX OS is copied from open source software.

It's beyond ironic that people are losing their minds because SX OS could be cracked by people who are anti piracy.

Maybe TX sockpuppets, or maybe people who feel injustice in their lives and want to feel important.

34. afet

afet Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Afghanistan
    That or some people just enjoy solving puzzles. It is fascinating how fixated the scene is on SX OS, etc right now. Especially given that in a few months when (if) open source backup loaders emerge, SX OS and its loader will fade into irrelevance.

KiiWii likes this.
  35. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    3ds never got a .3ds/gamecart loader, right?
    only gw did that.

especially for switch, because it's not as easy getting stuff from cdn, it's nice to play card dumps.
    of course, hopefully an opensource xci loader appears, but for the mean time i'm using sx os.

DarthDub, Quantumcat and afet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.