Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they can't stop a modchip which modifies HARDWARE and you can use to boot a different operative system like Android. The switch hardware its their owner's not Nintendo's
but they are stopping it one by one sellers are stopping selling the units. our biggest retailer here ozmodchips won't even touch them. they are sending C&D to anyone who is willing to even install them. nintendo are now officially worse than apple!

Reactions: weatMod and peteruk
D

Deleted User

Maybe a little OT but there's a thing I don't understand:
It says you should use a FAT32 formated SD card because the exFAT drivers of the switch are shitty.
AFAIK the max. Possible memory with FAT32 is 32 Gygabites. So what's the point of buying a big card like 256gb or something when u can only use 32gb of it...

1tb micro sd cards can be fat32 and exfat.

I've had good results with both formats on Switch.

Reactions: H3ISENB3RG

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1tb micro sd cards can be fat32 and exfat.

I've had good results with both formats on Switch.
Yeah, I don't know much about how SD cards worked, but I've used multiple 400GB cards formatted to FAT32 and been able to use the whole thing no problem. Does anyone know if the Stock FW gets banned if the emunand get's banned?

D

Deleted User

Ok, what can I say??

My SX Core is "Out for Delivery" at this moment, so I started to diassemble my Switch. I have everything ready for the chip. I wanted to start BEFORE the chip arrives because I know I could spend more time cleaning. And I think I did a good job.

But, the solder points are smaller than I thought...

A few weeks back, I took apart an old PC DVD drive. Then I did some soldering tests on the smaller component I could find. And it was really small. But the Switch component is almost half of the size of the smaller component that I could find in the DVD drive.

I'll not give up, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Once the Core arrives and I finish the installation, I'll share pictures of the final result.

Fingers crossed! ;-)

Reactions: Redasx

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe a little OT but there's a thing I don't understand:
It says you should use a FAT32 formated SD card because the exFAT drivers of the switch are shitty.
AFAIK the max. Possible memory with FAT32 is 32 Gygabites. So what's the point of buying a big card like 256gb or something when u can only use 32gb of it...

Don't use windows FAT32 formater, use another software that allows you.

Mine is 256 GB and it's FAT32

semzorro

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can use fat 32 or exfat

With dual nand having multiple cards is cleaner

Just finished a SX Core V1 install:
f7fEsic.jpg
Nice. Can we have your video installation guide ?

Theorem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So I just received my SX core and want to install it soon :)
Can anyone point me to some instructions on how to use it with Hekate, Atmosphere and emuNAND? I don't want to use SXOS for now...
Can I just install the chip and then start from here? https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/linux.html

Thanks in advance :)

Using other CFW than SXOS is at the moment disabled on Mariko (SX Core) and Lite (SX Lite). Using alternate CFW is possible only on V1.

Last edited by Theorem,

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Most of the important homebrew tools do not work with SX Core Mariko units, eg hekate(wont load), biskeydump(wont load), lockpickRCM(BRICK, DO NOT USE), choidujour(BRICK, DO NOT USE) incognito(black screen after wiping, forcing you to recreate emummc. DO NOT TRY UNDER SYSMMC). Guess we are back to the pre-atmos era again.

Last edited by satanicangel,
D

Deleted User

Most of the important homebrew tools do not work with SX Core Mariko units, eg hekate(wont load), biskeydump(wont load), lockpickRCM(BRICK, DO NOT USE), choidujour(BRICK, DO NOT USE) incognito(black screen after wiping, forcing you to recreate emummc. DO NOT TRY UNDER SYSMMC). Guess we are back to the pre-atmos era again.

Good Times

Litvinkov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Good Times
As i understand the support for all of this stuff will eventually come, right?

Also i have another question about the chip itself - what happens if you dont use the little part that has the micro-usb port on it? They say it's only needed if the thing bricks or for debugging or something like that, so can you just leave it out?

And another thing, does anyone else think that the official manual that they put out isn't detailed enough? I basically just recently realized that you have to disconnect the nand from the switch motherboard, put it INTO THE CHIP and then plug the chip into the now empty nand slot on the switch motherboard. It's not explained thoroughly enough, i just saw it in videos. I might be wrong, but i think it's possible that someone who's good at soldering (not talking about myself) but never seen a switch in their life might not be able to install the chip based ONLY on the manual.

Reactions: semzorro
D

Deleted User

Ok, what can I say??

My SX Core is "Out for Delivery" at this moment, so I started to diassemble my Switch. I have everything ready for the chip. I wanted to start BEFORE the chip arrives because I know I could spend more time cleaning. And I think I did a good job.

But, the solder points are smaller than I thought...

A few weeks back, I took apart an old PC DVD drive. Then I did some soldering tests on the smaller component I could find. And it was really small. But the Switch component is almost half of the size of the smaller component that I could find in the DVD drive.

I'll not give up, I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Once the Core arrives and I finish the installation, I'll share pictures of the final result.

Fingers crossed! ;-)

FINALLY!

After almost having a heart attack because the Switch was not turning on nor the chip had any lights (I forgot to plug the chip to the NAND connector. duh..), it's finally running! I don't think my soldering was perfect, but at least it is working. I would say 8/10 soldering job.

I'm now dumping my nand.

Now I have to learn everything about SXOS, like how to install games, updating the Emunand offline, etc... Does anyone know where can I get this information? As satanicangel has just said 3 messages back, most homebrew tools will brick the console, so I'm really worried about this...

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200618_151221.jpg
    20200618_151221.jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Thu Jun 18 11-08-35.jpg
    Thu Jun 18 11-08-35.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 240
  • Thu Jun 18 11-08-45.jpg
    Thu Jun 18 11-08-45.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 221

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY!

After almost having a heart attack because the Switch was not turning on nor the chip had any lights (I forgot to plug the chip to the NAND connector. duh..), it's finally running! I don't think my soldering was perfect, but at least it is working. I would say 8/10 soldering job.

I'm now dumping my nand.

Now I have to learn everything about SXOS, like how to install games, updating the Emunand offline, etc... Does anyone know where can I get this information? As satanicangel has just said 3 messages back, most homebrew tools will brick the console, so I'm really worried about this...

Thanks!
Congratulations! Any advice or things others should look out for? Did you solder much before this or what did you use?

I believe there are SX programs on their website (where you got boot.dat) that can be installed to backup and install games.

Updating firmware is possible when Choidjour is updated to work with v2 Switches, which is not yet right? so I don’t think that’s ready yet. But just Google ‘download switch firmware’ and You can get them.

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
FINALLY!

I'm now dumping my nand.

Thanks!

Hahaha typical!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A question.. when did the shop send you the license?

Reactions: Redasx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't