Question Switch side rail

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by PokeFan221, Oct 20, 2019.

1. PokeFan221
    OP

PokeFan221 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2015
    United States
    I have a gen 1 switch and i want to continue using cfw on it but the right rail where the jig goes gave out i have a replacement part but cause there is a stripped screw it cant be open and replace without cracking the console and i dont want that to happen does anyone know a way to do cfw with out the right side

2. salitoshater

salitoshater Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    Germany
    You have to drill out the screw. Start with a very small steel drill (1.5-2) and then use a slightly larger one if necessary.

It also happened to me, one of the screws was particularly tight.

Last edited by salitoshater, Oct 20, 2019
  3. PokeFan221
    OP

PokeFan221 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2015
    United States
    But the game fix guy said that could crack the system

4. Nomi20

Nomi20 GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2016
    United States
    Montana
    Dude I had all the right bits and used them yet one of my screws got stripped. I was a bit upset (see what I did there?) Yes it is sad though. Be very careful with the drill and you should be golden. I have drilled out some pentalobe screws before and just had to be very very careful. Good luck!

salitoshater likes this.
  5. salitoshater

salitoshater Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    Germany
    you can't break anything i you be careful enough. fix the switch with suitable equipment (i just clamp it between my legs :) ).

the size of the drill should be just as big as the diameter of the bit you used. start with a low rotational speed.
    by the way, only the two middle screws fix the backcover of the switch.

6. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Sounds like you need a new game fix guy.

loler55 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted