Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

Mena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it your intent that users reflow the eMMC chip after shoving the adapter underneath?
It's not meant to be soldered, slide it under, get a reading in diode mode, solder mask it down :)

With thinner I meant making it smaller so it fits between the shield and eMMC, so peoppe don't have to rape the shield while installing it :D

But if you say it's a generic adapter, we have to design a Switch OLED specific one 🤔
If you make something specific to a Switch you may get into legal issues with Nintendo

Reactions: kerelenko and FR0ZN

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fresh out the oven - not what I imagined, but definitely a step up.

FGUJXvCUYAMfwcN.jpeg

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not a big fan of using that point for 3.3V, there's a few beefier caps that seem like the supply comes from a bigger trace and should be more robust to solder onto, but the dimension changes look like a slight improvement indeed.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not a big fan of using that point for 3.3V, there's a few beefier caps that seem like the supply comes from a bigger trace and should be more robust to solder onto, but the dimension changes look like a slight improvement indeed.

that is what I'm thinking of too, there are 3.3v caps on the front side (top) for easy solder. why take 3.3V near the emmc ?

Mulanzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1650 is too high! It should be something between 500ish and 700ish.

Does it blink some times (blue or purple) then red light?
If so then your issue is your DAT0 connection.
So I’m just reinstalling a new chip and while everything was all still disassembled I powered it on and booted to hekate!!!! Then I assembled everything and screwed it all back together and now it flashes purple and then red!!!! What the heck….. could I have damaged something when reassembling?

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems like there isn’t a short and I protected the routing with solder mask so it didn’t move or get cut
But what does the diode mode reading say then? Check all your signals. The CLK is the most delicate one, but it could be any of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1