Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

supertaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you said the modchip is turning on without pressing the power button.

Check the 3.3v line, maybe you soldered at wrong point at switch board.

You should solder it at the red point marked on image (on the capacitors)
the 2 caps have 3.3v right? because mine got bridged and i think i shouldn't bother unbridging them.

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Has anyone ever had an issue with an oled going into emmc slow mode after trying to restore boot0?

I've got an hwfly oled, which wouldn't boot into ofw, so I put a thicker wire from dat0 and moved it, so it would get less interference, but it was the same. So I tried to generate a boot0 with emmchaccgen, then restored that (after backing up the original boot0), but now I just get pkg2 read failed when I try to boot ofw, since I don't think it flashed properly, I got the emmc slow mode error after trying to restore both the generated boot0 and the original.

Not really sure what to do from here.

yRipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello!!! This thread has been very helpful while installing HWFLY v6 on my Oled, thanks to everyone!

I did lost the CMD/A Resistor and put a new one from another switch 4.7k Ohm. First time soldering on this tiny tiny scale.

I managed to turn it on and go into OFW with no problems, but when it shuts down the fan keeps revving for a very long time, is this normal? Did I short something? I guess if I keep the switch in sleep mode it wouldn’t be a problem but…

yRipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello!!! This thread has been very helpful while installing HWFLY v6 on my Oled, thanks to everyone!

I did lost the CMD/A Resistor and put a new one from another switch 4.7k Ohm. First time soldering on this tiny tiny scale.

I managed to turn it on and go into OFW with no problems, but when it shuts down the fan keeps revving for a very long time, is this normal? Did I short something? I guess if I keep the switch in sleep mode it wouldn’t be a problem but…
So... i realized this crystal thing broke any idea what is it for, can i replace it with another one?. I sent it to someone that do jailbreaks and stuff but in Chile is not very common... So any ideas??

1.jpg2.jpg

I sent it to this guy because my switch has troubles turning on, first time plugin the battery it blinks purple and then green and i can go to CFW but when i turn it off the fan starts revving and if i try to turn it on it blinks red 2 times purple and then a solid white light, i guess it has to do something with the capacitors near the cpu (as the colors sheet says) and everytime i try to turn it on after that it does the same. But if i disconnect the battery and connect it again fan starts revving and i can again turn it on with the purple and then green light and go into CFW

So there are a couple of things wrong with my installation:
- Turns on first time after plugin in the battery but second cicle gives a white light error
- Fan is revving when the switch is fully off
- When trying to go into OFW sometimes it gives me this error (Attached picture)
- It thinks that a headphone is plugged in and sometimes it doesnt, it changes constantly

1684801414037.png1684801897624.png
(OFW Error)
Thanks for reading and any help/idea is welcome!

Last edited by yRipper,

yRipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That's the power regulator for the joycons charger and the fan
Thanks!! i did change it for one from another switch and its all working.

Still figuring out why does the switch thinks a headphone is plugged in and why does it cycle between modes sometimes, like it goes from mute to system sound to headphones, then nothing but no sound and then again does that

gtortone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I ripped off a component from a Switch Oled motherboard it is the resistor/capacitor near to CMD point (not the CMD resistor)
I suppose it is a 0201 resistor but I don't know the value.

In the photo is the component at the top of red marker.

Can you help, please ?

Thanks

Attachments

• rip.png
    rip.png
    733.4 KB · Views: 12

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I ripped off a component from a Switch Oled motherboard it is the resistor/capacitor near to CMD point (not the CMD resistor)
I suppose it is a 0201 resistor but I don't know the value.

In the photo is the component at the top of red marker.

Can you help, please ?

Thanks
47K ohm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Before @K3Nv2 can move into the garage, he has to atleast come out the closet first.