OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
OC Suite was updated to v1.4

• adjustments and fixes for AUTO_ADJ_SAFE timing
  • new DRAM timing : AUTO_ADJ_PERF and CUSTOM_ADJ
  • (AUTO_4266 is gone. but you can manually adjust tFAW/tRRD in advanced config now)
  • advanced ram config : now you can manually adjust some core parameters
  • (Tertiary timings, and more timings in next version)
  • added another level for gpu undervolt : hiopt table is added (Seems to not work correctly even for good speedo)
  • changed dvb table, so you can actually go up to 2400Mhz for ram

If you don't want messing around stuff but just want good performance, use 2400Mhz with Dram Timing of AUTO_ADJ_PERF

Last edited by meha,

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
OC Suite was updated to v1.4

You've done an impressive job. Congratulations on the update from myself, and from the members of my community.
P.S. I wanted to congratulate you on your GitHub repository, but for some reason I can't interact with it from my account. Apparently some kind of bug.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
You've done an impressive job. Congratulations on the update from myself, and from the members of my community.
P.S. I wanted to congratulate you on your GitHub repository, but for some reason I can't interact with it from my account. Apparently some kind of bug.
please stop lurking in my github and this thread please

you shitpost about me in telegram and you say congratulations in this thread? congratulations so that you can copy and paste?

Doredialilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What should be the best config for Erista? I mean max performance, because I tried to edit the kip with the online configurator and always gives me errors in Atmosphere when I try to boot up.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
What should be the best config for Erista? I mean max performance, because I tried to edit the kip with the online configurator and always gives me errors in Atmosphere when I try to boot up.
erista doesn't have timing adjustment yet.
erista is same as previous version.
for erista it's best recommended to use stock kip file, or raise mem to 1996 with slight or no overvolt

Last edited by meha,

faborvilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to bother, but the newest release works with Atmosphere 1.5.4?, I know it's a pre-release but is the only way to play with mods on Tears of The Kingdom, thanks! I can't seem to make it work

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Sorry to bother, but the newest release works with Atmosphere 1.5.4?, I know it's a pre-release but is the only way to play with mods on Tears of The Kingdom, thanks! I can't seem to make it work
it's okay, but sometimes you get faster answers if you search the thread.
i haven't personally tested, but someone said 1.5.3 version works fine with 1.5.4 prelease
i will compile for 1.5.4 when it actually comes out

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
What do you mean? Didn't you appoint me as a contributor to the repository even though I never asked for it? You were the one who was following me closely, contacting me on GBA and Telegram, asking about the code, praising my results. Am I mistaken? And what's wrong with me congratulating you in the development diary? I really am glad that a worthy developer from our community took the vacant position after KazushiMe's cancellation. And I don't see anything wrong with you eventually using my code. It's open-source, and I'm happy that my work found an application and use for you. It's cool. I'm not even bothered by the fact that you forgot to mention me as the source of the borrowed code. I didn't do it for fame but to improve other players' gaming experience. I'm genuinely happy for you and wanted to thank you for your contributions to the community. If I knew that you would see it as intrusive, I wouldn't have bothered you at all. You should have told me, or at least hinted at me about it. You wouldn't have to ask me twice. Sorry for the trouble, goodbye.

Reactions: Obiwanushka

ClumpPridd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've followed the instructions and loaded everything on but now Sys Clk won't open from Albums. I get an error "sys clk does not seem to be running please check if it is correctly installed and enabled". It runs from the Tesla overlay menu in game but only the temporary settings. Global setting gives error message: fatal error, could not connect to sys clk.

1862mhz is available and i've confirmed it is running at that speed with Status Monitor. Tried reloading Sys Clk on SD card but its still the same. Using latest Sys Clk 1.0.3.

Also, whenever I boot into Atmosphere and load a game the game crashes at first then second load works fine. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So I've followed the instructions and loaded everything on but now Sys Clk won't open from Albums. I get an error "sys clk does not seem to be running please check if it is correctly installed and enabled". It runs from the Tesla overlay menu in game but only the temporary settings. Global setting gives error message: fatal error, could not connect to sys clk.

1862mhz is available and i've confirmed it is running at that speed with Status Monitor. Tried reloading Sys Clk on SD card but its still the same. Using latest Sys Clk 1.0.3.

Also, whenever I boot into Atmosphere and load a game the game crashes at first then second load works fine. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

you have to use the one included in "Sdout.zip"
normal sys-clk is not compatible.
if you have follwed the instructions corretly, normal sys-clk would have been overwritten by sys-clk-oc.

and nro is normal sys-clk. only overlay is supported

ClumpPridd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you have to use the one included in "Sdout.zip"
normal sys-clk is not compatible.
if you have follwed the instructions corretly, normal sys-clk would have been overwritten by sys-clk-oc.

and nro is normal sys-clk. only overlay is supported
My bad. I installed Sys Clk alongside it. It was actually Salty NX crashing games on first load. I reinstalled it and now everything working fine. Thank you for your help. This update this is going to make my playthrough of TotK that much more enjoyable!
Post automatically merged:

Is Status Monitor overlay enough to tell if the settings are actually applied to the game? I read on this thread that some people were seeing the overclock settings applied on their Sys Clk OC overlay but they weren't actually getting those boosts? Cheers.

Last edited by ClumpPridd,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
My bad. I installed Sys Clk alongside it. It was actually Salty NX crashing games on first load. I reinstalled it and now everything working fine. Thank you for your help. This update this is going to make my playthrough of TotK that much more enjoyable!

Is Status Monitor overlay enough to tell if the settings are actually applied to the game? I read on this thread that some people were seeing the overclock settings applied on their Sys Clk OC overlay but they weren't actually getting those boosts? Cheers.
it's because they did not edit hekate_ipl.ini correctly, so pcv is not patched.
if you see that clock in Status Monitor, then it's fine

ps) so switching to sys-patch method could be useful in that matter, but since sys-clk-oc depends heavily on kip file... not sure for now

Reactions: ClumpPridd

Purpeliz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good way to decrease power consumption on higher clocks for Mariko (besides governor)? What I'm interested in is 768MHz GPU in handheld (and probably just 1600MHz memory). Thanks in advance!

update
I tried loader.kip with GPU undervolting, but I can't feel any difference. And with frequencies mentioned above, I get about ~4 watt battery usage (at least that is what status monitor tells me). But at least it doesn't crash, I guess.

Last edited by Purpeliz,

Deetlemore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question regarding the hekate_ipl.ini edit. I've been using this successfully for about 2 weeks and just realized that when editing the ini file, I had a line that read "kip1=atmosphere/kips/*.kip". I replaced it with "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip" instead of adding the new line below it, should I go back and add that line back? Everything seems to be working normally.

As a side note, I've gotten my Erista to run 1964 Mhz on RAM without any issues, so I must have gotten a half-decent piece of silicon. I tried 2000 Mhz, but that crashed after about an hour of TOTK. I have full backups of course, just in case my NAND gets corrupted.

HUGE thanks for this software! This is what finally got me into Switch homebrew, playing TOTK is a much better time now that it stays locked to 30 fps.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
This constant drama with the 4ifir people gets honestly super annoying.
Why can't you mods just ban them?
Better yet, why not work together to make the best-performing system, no need for hate between people with the same goal of making the system run better.

Reactions: Thorhax

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Is there a good way to decrease power consumption on higher clocks for Mariko (besides governor)? What I'm interested in is 768MHz GPU in handheld (and probably just 1600MHz memory). Thanks in advance!

update
I tried loader.kip with GPU undervolting, but I can't feel any difference. And with frequencies mentioned above, I get about ~4 watt battery usage (at least that is what status monitor tells me). But at least it doesn't crash, I guess.
i took the values from official values and it's slight, but uv is uv. the level 2 undervolt seems to not work correctly and i will try to figure out.

A quick question regarding the hekate_ipl.ini edit. I've been using this successfully for about 2 weeks and just realized that when editing the ini file, I had a line that read "kip1=atmosphere/kips/*.kip". I replaced it with "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip" instead of adding the new line below it, should I go back and add that line back? Everything seems to be working normally.

As a side note, I've gotten my Erista to run 1964 Mhz on RAM without any issues, so I must have gotten a half-decent piece of silicon. I tried 2000 Mhz, but that crashed after about an hour of TOTK. I have full backups of course, just in case my NAND gets corrupted.

HUGE thanks for this software! This is what finally got me into Switch homebrew, playing TOTK is a much better time now that it stays locked to 30 fps.
the former uses wildcard(*), so loads whatever kip inside kip folder. you can use whatever you like. most erista not stable on 2131, so use 1996 is recommended

Better yet, why not work together to make the best-performing system, no need for hate between people with the same goal of making the system run better.
because he refuses to work with other people, constantly lies and wants attention so brags about impossible things, violates opensource license and doesn't contribute to the open source community. and much more things

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain