• Replies 761
  • Likes 32

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-now you can update oc-suite via AIO
OMG, this is awesome! Thank you very much!

I was asking for a procedure to update switch-oc via aio updater in the aio updater thread. Did you add this feature in response to my request?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
OMG, this is awesome! Thank you very much!

I was asking for a procedure to update switch-oc via aio updater in the aio updater thread. Did you add this feature in response to my request?
yeah I saw your post. but hekate_ipl.ini file is not included (on purpose), so this is only for updating in same AMS version.
I could add hekate ipl as optional download in AIO, but I'm still figuring out what's best

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah I saw your post. but hekate_ipl.ini file is not included (on purpose), so this is only for updating in same AMS version.
I could add hekate ipl as optional download in AIO, but I'm still figuring out what's best
Well yes, there is one problem: You have to decide in aio updater, if you would like to update atmosphere or switch-oc, and after each update, the aio updater reboots to hekate. And you cannot update atmosphere and switch-oc at once.

The normal case is the following: I have atm 1.5.2 and switch-oc 1.5.2, in my hekate_ipl.ini is an entry kip=atmosphere/loader.kip. Now, I have to choose, what to update first. When I now update only atmosphere, hekate will try to boot atmosphere 1.5.3 with the 1.5.2 loader.kip (which can fail). In the other case, when I choose updating switch-oc first, hekate will try to boot atmosphere 1.5.2 with the 1.5.3 loader.kip (which can also fail).

A solution for this would be to update atmosphere and switch-oc, without rebooting to hekate between the two steps. Or aioupdater may not reboot after updating switch-oc. Maybe the custom_pack.json has to be modified for this?

Edit: @meha
I think, you have to declare it as "misc", not as "ams" in custom_packs.json. Then aioupdater should be able to update switch-oc without rebooting to hekate.

Last edited by MSco,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@MSco

it's because currently OC-Suite's entry value is "ams", so AIO sees it as updating Atmosphere.
I'll change it to misc, so you can install both AMS, and OC-Suite at once -> changed.

Reactions: MSco

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@meha
Should I remove all sys-clk directories and sys-clk itself, when using Switch-OC? or does switch-oc automatically disable sys-clk?
OC-Suite overwrites sys-clk sysmodules, so you just copy everything in SdOut
and although sys-clk config is compatible, the config directory different (/config/sys-clk-oc)

Reactions: MSco and Mike_77712

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have the 1.5.2 release, what advantage do I get with the newer version? I don't really understand this updating through AIO change, what exactly is this? I also see that GPU undervolt for Mariko update, I use an Erista so I guess that's something that wouldn't help me.

Reactions: Mike_77712

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I have the 1.5.2 release, what advantage do I get with the newer version? I don't really understand this updating through AIO change, what exactly is this? I also see that GPU undervolt for Mariko update, I use an Erista so I guess that's something that wouldn't help me.
1.5.3 is not compatible with 1.5.2, so latest version supports ams 1.5.3.
AIO is only if you want to update via AIO installer homebrew. you can just install the same way you used to with pc

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a question about step 4 of the installation process. Can I just use the default kip from the github link? and is editing the loader.kip in step 4 only necessary if I'd like to fine tune voltages and such? I assume that's for reaching unsafe voltages/clocks

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I had a question about step 4 of the installation process. Can I just use the default kip from the github link? and is editing the loader.kip in step 4 only necessary if I'd like to fine tune voltages and such? I assume that's for reaching unsafe voltages/clocks
yes you can just use the kip without customization

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
1.5.3 is not compatible with 1.5.2, so latest version supports ams 1.5.3.
AIO is only if you want to update via AIO installer homebrew. you can just install the same way you used to with pc
"via AIO installer homebrew", is that the AIO Switch updater? if so, how do I do that? I can update to 1.5.3 through there?

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can just use the kip without customization
thank you. Looks like I have the Hekate-ipl bootloader, and I don't have a kips folder under /atmosphere/kips/

Can you show me where in my hekate_ipl.ini I need to paste the line kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
1683913593476.png

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
"via AIO installer homebrew", is that the AIO Switch updater? if so, how do I do that? I can update to 1.5.3 through there?

yes. refer to readme for info

thank you. Looks like I have the Hekate-ipl bootloader, and I don't have a kips folder under /atmosphere/kips/

Can you show me where in my hekate_ipl.ini I need to paste the line kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kipView attachment 370943
ti doesn't matter, but i put it under kip1patch

Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4