Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I found out what the problem was, and have to Update AMS

Atmosphère 1.3.2 – what’s new​

From the changelog:

• Support was improved for 14.0.0+.
    • loader was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • ro was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed and improvements were made, including:
    • A memory leak was fixed in filesystem path management; this could cause a crash when launching games ~100 times, or when deleting/re-downloading games.
    • A bug was fixed that could cause threads to not see a newly signaled semaphore.
    • A number of minor inaccuracies were fixed in the updated FileSystem APIs.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
Atmosphère 1.3’s main feature is its support for the latest Switch Firmware 14.0.0+ of course, but it also adds a mechanism for automatically cleaning up erpt_reports. Additionally, this revision brings PC support for libstratosphère, mostly for debugging purposes.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I found out what the problem was, and have to Update AMS

Atmosphère 1.3.2 – what’s new​

From the changelog:

• Support was improved for 14.0.0+.
    • loader was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • ro was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed and improvements were made, including:
    • A memory leak was fixed in filesystem path management; this could cause a crash when launching games ~100 times, or when deleting/re-downloading games.
    • A bug was fixed that could cause threads to not see a newly signaled semaphore.
    • A number of minor inaccuracies were fixed in the updated FileSystem APIs.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
Atmosphère 1.3’s main feature is its support for the latest Switch Firmware 14.0.0+ of course, but it also adds a mechanism for automatically cleaning up erpt_reports. Additionally, this revision brings PC support for libstratosphère, mostly for debugging purposes.
You think this might be the fix your ish?

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think this might be the fix your ish?

Yes. Hopefully it is fixed, and no Issues. Had to Restart Yesterday in order to run a Game, and it worked after the Restart, so might be the Issue.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Where can we see the version of our console that matches something like this reference part: HEG-001 Version 2021 ???
I have an OLED but if I need to order some replacement parts, I might need to know which version is my OLED so that I can order the correct parts. Where can I see this type of reference?

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I got problems starting games..sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Long story: Went CFW recently, everything went on good. Installed Tinfoil with the self installer and here is the first problem I have. I can only start Tinfoil from the Fusee bootoption, not with the emuMMC. Not sure why?! So I have to switch back and forth between emuMMC and Fusee (whats the difference anyways?!). Installed a bunch of games with Tinfoil, both from cartridge and from various shops. I also installed a few games downloaded from internet with gold leaf.

Because I hated switching back and forth between Fusee and emuMMC, I found the solution to install the "applet version" of Tinfoil instead (this can be run via the HB menu in emuMMC instead of via the Home menu in Fusee). I did this by just overwrite the Tinfoil folder. Now all problems started.

Can't start most of the games sometimes, sometimes it works sometimes I get error messages. Sometimes I can start a few games after I have tried to "check for corruption", then it does not work any more after some time. Games I recently started cannot be started anymore all of a sudden. It's just so weird. However, the games I installed with goldleaf always seems to be working fine..So I wonder if there is some link to the games installed via Tinfoil, no matter if from cartridge, freeshops or else...?!

Any ideas?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can we see the version of our console that matches something like this reference part: HEG-001 Version 2021 ???
I have an OLED but if I need to order some replacement parts, I might need to know which version is my OLED so that I can order the correct parts. Where can I see this type of reference?

Here are all the model numbers:
https://switchbrew.org/w/index.php?title=Product_Information

I think people just go by what’s printed on the back?

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/13/what-is-the-new-nintendo-switch

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare/

Reactions: HelloShitty

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got problems starting games..sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Long story: Went CFW recently, everything went on good. Installed Tinfoil with the self installer and here is the first problem I have. I can only start Tinfoil from the Fusee bootoption, not with the emuMMC. Not sure why?! So I have to switch back and forth between emuMMC and Fusee (whats the difference anyways?!). Installed a bunch of games with Tinfoil, both from cartridge and from various shops. I also installed a few games downloaded from internet with gold leaf.

Because I hated switching back and forth between Fusee and emuMMC, I found the solution to install the "applet version" of Tinfoil instead (this can be run via the HB menu in emuMMC instead of via the Home menu in Fusee). I did this by just overwrite the Tinfoil folder. Now all problems started.

Can't start most of the games sometimes, sometimes it works sometimes I get error messages. Sometimes I can start a few games after I have tried to "check for corruption", then it does not work any more after some time. Games I recently started cannot be started anymore all of a sudden. It's just so weird. However, the games I installed with goldleaf always seems to be working fine..So I wonder if there is some link to the games installed via Tinfoil, no matter if from cartridge, freeshops or else...?!

Any ideas?
First, make sure you have the latest patches which you can find in this thread. Secondly, I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. Many users have reported their issues being resolved when switching from Tinfoil to TinWoo Installer.

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
First, make sure you have the latest patches which you can find in this thread. Secondly, I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. Many users have reported their issues being resolved when switching from Tinfoil to TinWoo Installer.
Man, you are a lifesaver!!

I updated the sig-patches simply by overwriting the folders with the new ones in the link you provided. Now everything works again!!! ..kind of :)

Still a few minor issues I would like to sort out.

1. Before updating the sig patches I had four differente boot options in Hekate "Launch", now I have only three left and the one missing is "Fusee". Why is this?

Before this fix Fusee was the option that worked best, I could not run many things under emuMMC, Tinfoil for example. Now I can run everything under emuMMC?!

2. I still sometimes get to this point where I can no longer start games, I get a message something like this "unable to start software, please try again from the HOME menu". I get it after I have started and closed like 10 games in a row (testing if they work), before I updated the sig patches I got this after like three games with Fusee. I can resolve this by rebooting. Any ideas on this?

Last edited by Bajdo,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I updated the sig-patches simply by overwriting the folders with the new ones in the link you provided. Now everything works again!!! ..kind of :)

1. Before updating the sig patches I had four differente boot options in Hekate "Launch", now I have only three left and the one missing is "Fusee". Why is this?

Before this fix Fusee was the option that worked best, I could not run many things under emuMMC, Tinfoil for example. Now I can run everything under emuMMC?!

2. I still sometimes get to this point where I can no longer start games, I get a message something like this "unable to start software, please try again from the HOME menu". I get it after I have started and closed like 10 games in a row (testing if they work), before I updated the sig patches I got this after like three games with Fusee. I can resolve this by rebooting. Any ideas on this?
  1. Well its down to preferences. In my opinion, having Fusee as a launch option is redundant. Selecting Fusee from the boot menu versus chainloading it achieves the same effect. Sure you're saving maybe 1 or 2 button presses but its also another icon taking up space in the menu. I know that doesn't actually answer your question so allow me to explain. The options you see displayed are launch profiles set in the hekate_ipl.ini file. Now, when distributing patches, they are usually meant to be a package meant for all users. And in order to actually use Hekate to launch CFW and whatnot, you need a hekate_ipl.ini file. The thing is majority of users do not know how to setup one so most guides just give users one to use. This includes the patches; they pre-bundle a hekate_ipl.ini file in case the user doesn't have one already. Now its up to you if you want to find where you got your original hekate_ipl.ini file from and just use that or stick to your new one and just chainload fusee which is much simpler in my opinion
  2. Try some of the suggestions in this thread

Reactions: Bajdo

linkref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I have atmosphere SD files based emummc
What is the cleanest way to install L4T ubuntu in the same SD card, any tutorial out here ?

EDIT : is it possible to go for android or linux on switch lite ?

Thanks !

Last edited by linkref,

aldingans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, my hacked switch oled won't turn on and have purple -> yellow then red light indicator on the back. anyone know how to fix that ? i have nand backup on my pc

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi !

I have atmosphere SD files based emummc
What is the cleanest way to install L4T ubuntu in the same SD card, any tutorial out here ?

EDIT : is it possible to go for android or linux on switch lite ?

Thanks !

cleanest way it to allow Hekate to slice and dice your partitions for you. It’s actually built in to the UI to provide a large FAT volume, a hidden Emunand partition and a partition for Android and another for L4T. I went one further and did Lakka (on FAT 32 partition) and SXOS with its own 11.0.0 emunand so yeah…totally doable.

Just follow the official guides here:
https://wiki.switchroot.org/

this is a good community discussion on it as well:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-switchroot-android-10.4229761/

e: This is for V1 (Erista) only I believe…not Switch Lite which is V2 (Mariko).
e2:

Requirements​

Last edited by binkinator,

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1: sounds like you used a shoddy repack and have a crap hekate ipl. those launch options can be edited in bootloader/hekate_ipl.

fusee is booting emummc, the reason the "emmummc" labeled option in the launch menu doesnt work right is again bc you need to edit that ipl.

your "emummc" launch option likely points to package3, not fusee, which requires different sigpatches(yes the come together now in a zip, but the txt file is only used for package3 booting + you need to add a line to hekate ipl) which is why you had problems launching games booting that way,

2: this is more uncommon not too sure, assuming everythings updated correctly. are you formated fat32 or exfat?

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm gonna help my friend to create an emummc (100% offline, hackable serial) for homebrew and stuff, there is no real reason to make a backup of his sysnand is there?

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have just updated my Sysnand to 14.1.1but my Emunand is on 13.2.1, is there any benefit to updating the Emunand to 14.1.1 and do i have to do a new clone of Sysnand to get there or is there an easier way?

If i have to re clone, does it preserve installed games or do i have to do that all over, i have 15 games on the SD and that wouldn't be fun to re install!

I dont have Android installed, ive been looking a that and see i need to partition the SD, would that be a case of having to re do everything already on the SD card anyway?

Does anyone ever get failed boots?
Every couple of boots to CFW it fails and a long press on PWR is needed and generally it will boot to CFW when i try again, does not really bother me but wondering if anyone else gets that?

Last edited by steve_fox,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna help my friend to create an emummc (100% offline, hackable serial) for homebrew and stuff, there is no real reason to make a backup of his sysnand is there?
There is no good reason not to have a backup of sysMMC. While emuMMC can serve as a brick shield, there is nothing wrong with being too careful. Anything can happen at any moment including accidents or people being excessively malicious. The first thing any Switch hacker should do is backup their sysMMC.
I have just updated my Sysnand to 14.1.1but my Emunand is on 13.2.1, is there any benefit to updating the Emunand to 14.1.1 and do i have to do a new clone of Sysnand to get there or is there an easier way?

If i have to re clone, does it preserve installed games or do i have to do that all over, i have 15 games on the SD and that wouldn't be fun to re install!

I dont have Android installed, ive been looking a that and see i need to partition the SD, would that be a case of having to re do everything already on the SD card anyway?

Does anyone ever get failed boots?
Every couple of boots to CFW it fails and a long press on PWR is needed and generally it will boot to CFW when i try again, does not really bother me but wondering if anyone else gets that?
The only benefits to updating the firmware include being able to play games that require that firmware as well as whatever benefits Nintendo bake into the newer firmware versions. In this case, you would be able to play with "folders" on emuMMC although I don't think there are any games that require 14.X. As for updating, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere. Bear in mind that you will have to find the Nintendo Switch firmware files separately as they are copyrighted material but rest assured that they are readily available online.

I will not be answering your second question as you do not need to clone your sysMMC in order to update your firmware.

Hekate can add an Android partition for you.

Some users report this although the reasons vary whether its due to a failing SD card, broken SD card slot, corrupted SD card, or not fully updated files.

Reactions: zxr750j

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thank you, your answer confirmed my suspicion that it wasn't necessary and i dont think I will bother updating it then unless I come across a game that needs it but its good news that it can be updated that way!

I see the option In hekate to create an Android partition but will that break my Emunand Install meaning I need to re do that or can hekate adjust partition sizes without breaking things?

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, your answer confirmed my suspicion that it wasn't necessary and i dont think I will bother updating it then unless I come across a game that needs it but its good news that it can be updated that way!

I see the option In hekate to create an Android partition but will that break my Emunand Install meaning I need to re do that or can hekate adjust partition sizes without breaking things?

Last edited by steve_fox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0