Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello people!
I just got into the Switch modding scene and wanted to clear some doubts...

My Switch being an Erista, first model, can I simply update my sysnand firmware and then recreate my emunand to reflect the change or is there any risk in doing it this way (besides losing all data on the emunand)?

Can I recreate the emunand without manually deleting the previous one? I imagine it would automatically wipe the partition before doing so.

Thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got the unpatched switch on ebay, I havent connected it to wifi yet or signed in with my nintendo account. The firmware is 13.2.1.

In looking at the yuzu quickstart guide, it doesnt mentioned the rcm loader, but you do everything from the pc. Is the rcm loader just a substitute for an android phone or pc to boot into recovery mode?
The RCM Loader is a substitute for sending payloads so it would be a replacement for your phone/computer. You still need to boot the Switch into recovery mode with a jig or equivalent. However once you boot it into RCM once, you can use Hekate to enable AutoRCM so you never have to use a jig to boot into RCM again.
To tack on to my last post, should I just log into my nintendo account and start downloading my purchases? Would I then use that same micro sd to put atmosphere and the other programs needed to boot to rcm? Sorry for the dumb questions, and if I seem to be asking the same thing in different ways.
Yes, if you're going to hack the console, its better to start doing the legitimate stuff first such as linking a Nintendo Account & downloading games from the eShop. You can use the same SD card for hacking as well.
Hello people!
I just got into the Switch modding scene and wanted to clear some doubts...

My Switch being an Erista, first model, can I simply update my sysnand firmware and then recreate my emunand to reflect the change or is there any risk in doing it this way (besides losing all data on the emunand)?

Can I recreate the emunand without manually deleting the previous one? I imagine it would automatically wipe the partition before doing so.

Thanks in advance.
If your goal is to update the firmware of your emuMMC, then you can just use the homebrew application Daybreak to do so which comes bundled with Atmosphere. The only reason I would see in recreating your emuMMC is if you wanted to transfer any game and/or save data from your sysMMC to emuMMC without using homebrew.

Reactions: MG4M3R

Wariznake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey fellas,

I've got a jailbroken Switch Lite 13.2.1 with Atmosphere 1.2.6 and hekate 5.7.0 I think. (emuMMC), SD in fat32.

The thing is I transfered from my pc Diablo 2 Resurrection to my Switch through Awoo installer USB, and whenever I try to play it (base game, no updates so far), it crashes, saying 'the game has been closed due to an error'.

This is the first game I've had this problem.

Anyways, I went to the 'crash report' folder and opened the crash file and I encountered the error '0x2A8 (2168-0001)'.

Does someone know what this error is and how can I fix it?

Another weird thing I found out is that I have no "contents" folder. Could this be related?

Thanks in advance.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If your goal is to update the firmware of your emuMMC, then you can just use the homebrew application Daybreak to do so which comes bundled with Atmosphere. The only reason I would see in recreating your emuMMC is if you wanted to transfer any game and/or save data from your sysMMC to emuMMC without using homebrew.
Thanks!!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Nishimiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, is the Nintendo Switch with Splatoon 2 edition (With the Neon Green/Neon Pink Joy-Cons) a v1 and compatible with fusee gelee? Or is this an patched unit?

Nishimiya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Consoles are determined patched or not by their serial number. Check the serial number here to see if its unpatched.

Yea i know, but the seller doesn't want to share the S/N number, so i was hoping to get a estimated guess based on the release date of the console. Thanks for the quick reply though! :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i know, but the seller doesn't want to share the S/N number, so i was hoping to get a estimated guess based on the release date of the console. Thanks for the quick reply though! :)
Then if you only have the date to go by, it would have to be produced sometime before June of 2018 to be definitively unpatched since that is when patched consoles began circulation.

Reactions: Nishimiya

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fellas,

I've got a jailbroken Switch Lite 13.2.1 with Atmosphere 1.2.6 and hekate 5.7.0 I think. (emuMMC), SD in fat32.

The thing is I transfered from my pc Diablo 2 Resurrection to my Switch through Awoo installer USB, and whenever I try to play it (base game, no updates so far), it crashes, saying 'the game has been closed due to an error'.

This is the first game I've had this problem.

Anyways, I went to the 'crash report' folder and opened the crash file and I encountered the error '0x2A8 (2168-0001)'.

Does someone know what this error is and how can I fix it?

Another weird thing I found out is that I have no "contents" folder. Could this be related?

Thanks in advance.

Since you have other games working without issues it would seem your Atmosphere/Hekate/Sigpatch stack is up to date and working. They wouldn’t pick and chose individual games to not work. That error is a bit ambiguous so we don’t have much to go on but I feel it has to be something with this transfered game.

Let’s try this to prove/disprove:
1) Remove D2 from your switch.
2) Download and install a different game altogether and make sure it launches and plays properly.
3) Download D2 from a different source and install/launch/play just the base game make sure it works.
4) Migrate just your game save from your PC D2 to your working Switch version of D2 using JKSV.

shiverz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So my switch has been sitting around for a week because I haven't had the time. I updated atmosphere left it. My little brother got his hands on it and followed some YT guide and I believe he has updated to firmware 13.2.1 using daybreak whilst in emuMMC.

In settings, it shows Current system version: 13.2.1 |AMS 1.2.6|E

I believe he has skipped a few steps and nothing is launching. Do I have to restore it back to a previous backup or what can we do from here.

Thanks in advanced.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my switch has been sitting around for a week because I haven't had the time. I updated atmosphere left it. My little brother got his hands on it and followed some YT guide and I believe he has updated to firmware 13.2.1 using daybreak whilst in emuMMC.

In settings, it shows Current system version: 13.2.1 |AMS 1.2.6|E

I believe he has skipped a few steps and nothing is launching. Do I have to restore it back to a previous backup or what can we do from here.

Thanks in advanced.
When the firmware is updated, the CFW Atmosphere isn't the only thing you need to update. You also need to update the patches. Download the latest patches from this thread.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
curious to ask. If i were to buy modded oled version and if chip failed, what would happen to console? Boot to ofw or dead switch?

If the chip is just sitting there dormant the switch would boot to OFW. No electrical traces are cut or anything. Everyone is soldered “over the top of” existing functionality. If it was malfunctioning I guess there’s an outside possibility that it would trigger something funky but it could easily be resolved by opening up the back and removing the wiring Rendering it just a lump of matter that happens to be touching the switch.

Anyone disagree?

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. So this afternoon I've been following the Yuzu Quickstart Guide to a T, but finally ran into a snag. I've dumped my keys, and made a backup of my nand and firmware, and now the next step is to start dumping games.

I select the fusee.bin payload from hekate, I see the atmosphere splash screen very briefly, then a logo, then it boots to the switch home menu. The steps say:

• 9d. Tap on fusee.bin in the list of payloads.
  • 9e. Your Switch will launch into Custom Firmware Mode (CFW), and once your Switch has booted into the HOME Menu, press and hold the R button on your controller and launch a game. This will launch the Homebrew Menu in title override mode.
I'm selecting a title I've downloaded to the switches dscard. I'm holding R thru the choose profile, but then I get a message saying "Please turn Airplane Mode off when appropriate for your surroundings. You can do this in Quick Settings (Hold home)" I keep holding R and nothing happens. I guess its suppossed to go into 'title override mode,' but am not seeing any sign of it. Any help is appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. So this afternoon I've been following the Yuzu Quickstart Guide to a T, but finally ran into a snag. I've dumped my keys, and made a backup of my nand and firmware, and now the next step is to start dumping games.

I select the fusee.bin payload from hekate, I see the atmosphere splash screen very briefly, then a logo, then it boots to the switch home menu. The steps say:

• 9d. Tap on fusee.bin in the list of payloads.
  • 9e. Your Switch will launch into Custom Firmware Mode (CFW), and once your Switch has booted into the HOME Menu, press and hold the R button on your controller and launch a game. This will launch the Homebrew Menu in title override mode.
I'm selecting a title I've downloaded to the switches dscard. I'm holding R thru the choose profile, but then I get a message saying "Please turn Airplane Mode off when appropriate for your surroundings. You can do this in Quick Settings (Hold home)" I keep holding R and nothing happens. I guess its suppossed to go into 'title override mode,' but am not seeing any sign of it. Any help is appreciated.
You don't need to be in title override mode to use homebrew. Most homebrew apps work fine without it since many of them were developed before title override mode. You only need to use title override mode if that app needs a lot of RAM or if it crashes without it.

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to be in title override mode to use homebrew. Most homebrew apps work fine without it since many of them were developed before title override mode. You only need to use title override mode if that app needs a lot of RAM or if it crashes without it.
Thanks for your reply, thats good to know. May I ask, how would I otherwise be able to boot into the homebrew menu to dump my cartridges and digital purchases? Sorry if its a dumb question, homebrew on the switch is a bit more involved then on the wii or wii u.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply, thats good to know. May I ask, how would I otherwise be able to boot into the homebrew menu to dump my cartridges and digital purchases? Sorry if its a dumb question, homebrew on the switch is a bit more involved then on the wii or wii u.
Oops, I guess its not covered in the Yuzu guide. You just open the Album. That's it. And having hacked both the Wii & Wii U, its definitely the same amount of involvement if not easier on the Switch; unlike the other 2 consoles, you don't have to install anything on the console so its a lot less setup from scratch.

Reactions: miash

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I guess its not covered in the Yuzu guide. You just open the Album. That's it. And having hacked both the Wii & Wii U, its definitely the same amount of involvement if not easier on the Switch; unlike the other 2 consoles, you don't have to install anything on the console so its a lot less setup from scratch.
Ok so I did this earlier, and I would have never guessed. Thank you so much!

I was able to dump mario kart 8 from cartridge and get it running on yuzu. I'll try digital titles tomorrow. Thank you all for your help thus far!

Edit: I wanted to add, just about what I said earlier with the Wii u. The Wii u to me seemed alot less complicated, I just used the browser exploit to boot to cfw and dump my games. With the switch, there seems to be alot more to it from my perspective, one thing being getting a v1 switch, then being paranoid that I'll brick it somehow. Also about not connecting to the internet, I'm still a little confused about that, but that will be a later post after I've dumped my library. Thanks again.

minotir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey. I have a SXos rcm tool (the one that came out when sxos was new) and I was wondering if I could change the file that gets loaded into switch to the Fusee file on the tool? So I can use it to load atmosphere. It works fine loading via usb from pc with Tegrarcm, it's just a extra hassle, and inconvinient if I travel.

Havent tried plugging the tool into my pc or anything to see if I can access the tool, wanted to ask here first.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I have a SXos rcm tool (the one that came out when sxos was new) and I was wondering if I could change the file that gets loaded into switch to the Fusee file on the tool? So I can use it to load atmosphere. It works fine loading via usb from pc with Tegrarcm, it's just a extra hassle, and inconvinient if I travel.

Havent tried plugging the tool into my pc or anything to see if I can access the tool, wanted to ask here first.
This is one way to get SX Gear to boot a Hekate/Atmosphere payload: https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

‘’basically you upload a Hekate.x.x.x.bin file and get a boot.dat file back. Move your current boot.dat out of the way and replace it with the boot.dat from above (remove any additional suffixes such as .htmlfrom the filename.)

That should get you past step 1…

For the rest of the steps, here‘s some light reading to get you started: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1