Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, back for more questions.

So I did purchase an unpatched switch on ebay, should be here within the week. It has alot of wear, but I was able to get a good price on it. Keep in mind that for my use case, I'm just using this switch as a tool to extract the files I need and to dump my games for use on yuzu. I also got an rcm loader off amazon and some new micro sd cards.

Now from what I understand, the version of atmosphere that comes on the device is outdated, so I download and replace the payload.bin. Does atmosphere have an app built in to dump the prod.keys? It may be that I dont totally understand how the individual apps work on the cfw.

Maybe my question for now should be, am I missing anything I need to get started when the switch arrives?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, back for more questions.

So I did purchase an unpatched switch on ebay, should be here within the week. It has alot of wear, but I was able to get a good price on it. Keep in mind that for my use case, I'm just using this switch as a tool to extract the files I need and to dump my games for use on yuzu. I also got an rcm loader off amazon and some new micro sd cards.

Now from what I understand, the version of atmosphere that comes on the device is outdated, so I download and replace the payload.bin. Does atmosphere have an app built in to dump the prod.keys? It may be that I dont totally understand how the individual apps work on the cfw.

Maybe my question for now should be, am I missing anything I need to get started when the switch arrives?

nothing but a good guide. Here you go: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

oh…and to get your keys: https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM

Edit: Technically Lockpick is in the guide as well but it’s mentioned as part of FW dumping and doesn’t mention prod.keys: https://rentry.org/DumpFirmware

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just nothing inside basically just like factory reset. but my concern is that album app that can be accessible to homebrew folder when holding R button.

If you are booted into Sysnand with OFW and no CFW then there won’t be any homebrew accessible by holding the R button. Just your private storage on your personal SD Card. Is there a chance they might go through your personal things? Sure. Is it likely? Not really a good look.

Game_Fr3akz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you are booted into Sysnand with OFW and no CFW then there won’t be any homebrew accessible by holding the R button. Just your private storage on your personal SD Card. Is there a chance they might go through your personal things? Sure. Is it likely? Not really a good look.
so best to boot sysnand ofw? via hekate option or normal boot.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so best to boot sysnand ofw? via hekate option or normal boot.

that’s the cleanest and least risky way to be online. Next step above that would be CFW on Sysnand (with well behaved homebrew and no .nsp or .xci.) Lastly yiu have CFW in a dirty emunand and this should be used with exosphere.inimeet up to block DNS and blank out your Prodinfo. Y9u can boot to the first one bu not using a jig or injecting a payload. You can set up the last two in Hekate. Read the following for more details on how to set everything up https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy and then come back with any remaining questions.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm back! Just wanted to ask one more question

There are some digital games that I want to rip using the unpatched switch I recently got. Would it be safer to transfer my games over before or after I inject the payload?

Thanks

Game_Fr3akz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
that’s the cleanest and least risky way to be online. Next step above that would be CFW on Sysnand (with well behaved homebrew and no .nsp or .xci.) Lastly yiu have CFW in a dirty emunand and this should be used with exosphere.inimeet up to block DNS and blank out your Prodinfo. Y9u can boot to the first one bu not using a jig or injecting a payload. You can set up the last two in Hekate. Read the following for more details on how to set everything up https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy and then come back with any remaining questions.
got that exoshere.ini on root of SD. i only got this .nro files where you launch them from album. are they safe to be there and play online? i dont have any nsp or other games file. planning to buy some eshop games for online play.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got that exoshere.ini on root of SD. i only got this .nro files where you launch them from album. are they safe to be there and play online? i dont have any nsp or other games file. planning to buy some eshop games for online play.
Perfect.

Exosphere will only come into play when you boot CFW.

.nro files just sitting there on your sd card not doing anything will most likely be safe.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see but still a chance of getting ban though by doing that too. probably not. i will go through ofw to play with friends.

Anything except 100% pure OFW adds some amount of risk.

Based on the Ban Hub thread it spans from “could be, but it has never happened to anyone…yet” all the way to “if you do this it’s only a matter of time.”

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

Nobody can define yiur level of acceptable risk for you.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm back! Just wanted to ask one more question

There are some digital games that I want to rip using the unpatched switch I recently got. Would it be safer to transfer my games over before or after I inject the payload?

Thanks
Actually, I should prolly specify what I'm trying to do.

I have few games that I want to dump and use for my own purposes (M+R Kingdom Battle, Pkmn Shield, AC:NH, ect.) These games are all digital and on my main switch.

I have a unpatched nintendo switch that I plan on hacking VERY soon. But I am worried that if I connect my main Ninten account to my hacked switch, I'll get banned from online or my games or something. But at the same time, I don't want to make a new nintendo account and have to pay for the games twice or do something super tedious. I just want to dump my games and get on with modding, ripping, ect..

I will say, I plan on switching the account back to my main switch once I rip the games.

Would it be safe to connect my main account to my hacked switch, and should I do it before or after I inject the payload?

Again, thank you for having to put up with me.

AuronSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hi all, I posted in another section but a member suggest me to post here: I need to make this question because I found many different ideas about this topic on web, and I've not really understood if it's possible. I need to know if I could transfer all saved data (Animal Crossing New Horizon) from an hacked switch to an original new one without risk ban (or which is the method with minor risk as possible). Thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp