Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Encryptionite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello can I still hack Pokémon on my unpatched switch that’s on firmware 13.1.0? I had my switched hacked before with Atmosphere installed but then I updated my switch. It’s been a couple of years since I touched my switch but pokemon made me pick it up again lol.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Very interesting. I am missing a keys.txt file, though. I assume that sharing a link to it might be against this forum's rules?

lockpick_rcm > generates prod.keys

Is the same file as keys.txt just different name.

Run lockpick_RCM, copy file, rename, profit

Hello can I still hack Pokémon on my unpatched switch that’s on firmware 13.1.0? I had my switched hacked before with Atmosphere installed but then I updated my switch. It’s been a couple of years since I touched my switch but pokemon made me pick it up again lol.

yes, get latest atmosphere

Reactions: ShadowbannedAllstar

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to give back to the community now, since it's been so good to me. I personally like NSC Builder, you can easily google it, it's created by julesontheroad. Download it to your pc, extract it, and run the batch file. Do the following:
  • Choose Multipack mode
  • Drop your first nsp file your game file into the window [Hit Enter]
  • Drop your second update file into the window [Hit Enter]
  • Choose to Process those files
  • Tell it what output you want XCI, NSP etc
  • Patch firmware required if you want
  • Merge all
  • Install
Done.

Thank you for this. I am running NSC Builder now, and it seems like a very cool app.

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 13.1.0, and got the latest versions of Atmosphere and Hectate. I made sure that fusee primary/secondary were both replaced/renamed, and yet when I try to boot it up in RCM it says "Failed to stat stage 2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)!"

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Even reformatted the SD card and added all brand-new everything and it still gives the error

Last edited by Nokocchi52,

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the sig patches but they're just on the SD card. Is there a specific way to install them because that wasn't mentioned by anyone I've asked for help.
Look for the same folder names on your SD card, and replace those folders with the patch ones, and the contents, and you'll be good to go.

• So basically, the: exefs_patches and kip_patches get copied into the atmosphere folder on your SD card
  • Rename your current hekate_ipl.ini to hekate_iplBU.ini, that is in your bootloader folder on your SD card
  • Then copy the SIGpatches hekate_ipl.ini and patches.ini to your bootloader folder on your SD card.

Last edited by microchipman,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 13.1.0, and got the latest versions of Atmosphere and Hectate. I made sure that fusee primary/secondary were both replaced/renamed, and yet when I try to boot it up in RCM it says "Failed to stat stage 2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)!"

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Even reformatted the SD card and added all brand-new everything and it still gives the error
Did you edit the names in your hekate_ipl.ini file?
Is there any site or user that is recommended if I want to send out my switch to get hard modded with a chip?
No because Nintendo sent cease and desist letters to any installers so you're going to have to solder it yourself.

fzanaruk007

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hello,
I am a new guy who hacked nintendo swich. I have an issues on CFW 13.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.2.4. I cannot install game from awoo installer. When I click on the program and select installing from SDCARD, it show an error 2168-0002 (I tried R+A and enter Awoo installer, the result are the same).

Do you have any suggestion for me to solve this issue?

Thank you very much.

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intermediate question.

So I have a modded Switch at 4.10 official firmware.

Many of the cool features provided by homebrew require me to have a firmware version between 9.0.0 and 12.0.0

What is the risk in abandoning my 4.10 firmware?

I've been holding out on upgrading the FW because I want to keep my switch open for possible future exploits that would require a lower firmware like mine.

...but then I also feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the cool functionality of actually having a modded Switch by not upgrading the official firmware.

Advise, please.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I am a new guy who hacked nintendo swich. I have an issues on CFW 13.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.2.4. I cannot install game from awoo installer. When I click on the program and select installing from SDCARD, it show an error 2168-0002 (I tried R+A and enter Awoo installer, the result are the same).

Do you have any suggestion for me to solve this issue?

Thank you very much.
There is an upgraded version of Awoo Installer called TinWoo installer. I recommend trying that first.
Intermediate question.

So I have a modded Switch at 4.10 official firmware.

Many of the cool features provided by homebrew require me to have a firmware version between 9.0.0 and 12.0.0

What is the risk in abandoning my 4.10 firmware?

I've been holding out on upgrading the FW because I want to keep my switch open for possible future exploits that would require a lower firmware like mine.

...but then I also feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the cool functionality of actually having a modded Switch by not upgrading the official firmware.

Advise, please.
There is no risk if you update without burning fuses since fuses are the only things preventing us from downgrading normally. There are many ways to do that ranging from simply using a homebrew application, manually entering RCM after the system finishes installing the update, or installing the system update in CFW with AutoRCM enabled.

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an upgraded version of Awoo Installer called TinWoo installer. I recommend trying that first.

There is no risk if you update without burning fuses since fuses are the only things preventing us from downgrading normally. There are many ways to do that ranging from simply using a homebrew application, manually entering RCM after the system finishes installing the update, or installing the system update in CFW with AutoRCM enabled.
I just updated to 12.1.0 from 4.1.0 via downloading the firmware update from AIO updater and installed it using Daybreak. Did I burn any fuses?

Either way...so happy I updated. So much more functionality has been unlocked via homebrew.

This little thing is pretty fuckin' sick.

Now...if the emulation scene could only catch up...need those PS1 games.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to 12.1.0 from 4.1.0 via downloading the firmware update from AIO updater and installed it using Daybreak. Did I burn any fuses?

Either way...so happy I updated. So much more functionality has been unlocked via homebrew.

This little thing is pretty fuckin' sick.

Now...if the emulation scene could only catch up...need those PS1 games.
If you had AutoRCM enabled after the upgrade via Daybreak then fuses weren't burned. As for emulation, I feel that's partly due to Retroarch eating up all the competition meaning there are less people developing emulators.

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had AutoRCM enabled after the upgrade via Daybreak then fuses weren't burned. As for emulation, I feel that's partly due to Retroarch eating up all the competition meaning there are less people developing emulators.
Yep. I've had AutoRCM enabled since I first ran Hekate. This system has never actually booted normally.

Well...hopefully someone can step up. If the Switch could emulate well, this would hands down be the ultimate modding device.

MrFoda123

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, yesterday I was trying to install a game in tinfoil with the dlc and patch. I dont know why but the base game and the patch were not installed and only 3 or 4 of the dlc were installed and sinsce then my home menu has this application that is infinitely loading and I dont know how to remove it. I cant unistall it through the options, I cant install the base game to then uninstall it so I am asking if anyone here knows what to do.
I dont really understand how homebrew works, in fact I got my switch a month ago already modified.
picture below.

Attachments

• switch.jpeg
    switch.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 55

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yesterday I was trying to install a game in tinfoil with the dlc and patch. I dont know why but the base game and the patch were not installed and only 3 or 4 of the dlc were installed and sinsce then my home menu has this application that is infinitely loading and I dont know how to remove it. I cant unistall it through the options, I cant install the base game to then uninstall it so I am asking if anyone here knows what to do.
I dont really understand how homebrew works, in fact I got my switch a month ago already modified.
picture below.
Your Switch is broken now.
I suggest you give it to me.

• Haha
Reactions: BigOnYa and nWo

Winturwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope I have an easy one... but I'm a total n00b, hence why I'm posting here.

The short of it is, I want to change my character's name on Animal Crossing: New Horizons without using homebrew on the Switch itself. I already know there's an ACNH save editor that will allow me to do that, I just need help getting my save into the save editor, then reinjected on my Switch after the edit.

I have a PC, a microSD card in my Switch that I'm pretty sure the save itself is on, and a USB cable if directly connecting my Switch is an option (probably isn't, but, again, I'm a n00b, so what do I know?)

Again, since this is literally just a quick one-time thing, I'd prefer not to mess up my Switch or my ACNH save. If there is anything I should be aware of to prevent damage, like un-backing my save from the cloud or making sure my Switch is offline, I need to know because I legit don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: what annoys me is my server has 2.5g but i have nothing else that does