Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yesterday I was trying to install a game in tinfoil with the dlc and patch. I dont know why but the base game and the patch were not installed and only 3 or 4 of the dlc were installed and sinsce then my home menu has this application that is infinitely loading and I dont know how to remove it. I cant unistall it through the options, I cant install the base game to then uninstall it so I am asking if anyone here knows what to do.
I dont really understand how homebrew works, in fact I got my switch a month ago already modified.
picture below.
Try uninstalling it via Goldleaf.
I hope I have an easy one... but I'm a total n00b, hence why I'm posting here.

The short of it is, I want to change my character's name on Animal Crossing: New Horizons without using homebrew on the Switch itself. I already know there's an ACNH save editor that will allow me to do that, I just need help getting my save into the save editor, then reinjected on my Switch after the edit.

I have a PC, a microSD card in my Switch that I'm pretty sure the save itself is on, and a USB cable if directly connecting my Switch is an option (probably isn't, but, again, I'm a n00b, so what do I know?)

Again, since this is literally just a quick one-time thing, I'd prefer not to mess up my Switch or my ACNH save. If there is anything I should be aware of to prevent damage, like un-backing my save from the cloud or making sure my Switch is offline, I need to know because I legit don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance! :)
Well you won't be able to change your character's name without using homebrew on the Switch because you still need a homebrew application to dump the save data. I assume you are also aware that going online after even just changing your character's name can risk you getting banned. If you understand this risk, there isn't really much else to be aware of. You can follow any hacking guide on how to set up homebrew on your Switch and proceed from there. I recommend following this guide.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am a new guy who hacked nintendo swich. I have an issues on CFW 13.1.0 and Atmosphere 1.2.4. I cannot install game from awoo installer. When I click on the program and select installing from SDCARD, it show an error 2168-0002 (I tried R+A and enter Awoo installer, the result are the same).

Do you have any suggestion for me to solve this issue?
  • Do you have proper sig patches installed?
  • Have you tried a different installer like TinWoo?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've recently updated from 11.1 to 13.1 OFW. Now using 13.1 AMS fine with no problems. I already had keys file on sd card from before, using Lockpick_RCM, but should I run it again now, is there new keys or any avantage to running it again now?

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been awhile since Ive touched my switch, but I already have it hacked with Emunand and all that. However I got a question about SysNand. Am I able to go online with it with a game Ive purchased legally from it? Planning on purchasing Shining Diamond Pokemon game, and Im pretty sure the only hakced stuff I have is on Emunand

Reactions: laz305

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I did something wrong, as I tried to redo my Atmosphere setup so I could add EdiZon so I can use cheats. I was using All In One Switch updater to download cheats and I got this screen. I had a similar error when I added checkpoint in an earlier configeration I did.

Attachments

• atmosphere error1.jpg
    atmosphere error1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by strangeone1969,

TheTess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Could be theoretically possible in the future to load games from a file without installing it in the future? Like the Wii USB Loader. Or there are limitations regarding the file system/switch?

lammagirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi not use my switch in like two years and now looking to to play dredd i have to update atmosphere. Is there a link to clear instrcutions on how to update this? thank you!

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I get the sound files (not the music) the sound files from Mario Party Superstars ?
I'm not sure if we can answer that question here, since this could be seen as IP-related material. I'll let someone else chime in if I'm misunderstanding or wrong, but I would guess this answer is correct.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I did something wrong, as I tried to redo my Atmosphere setup so I could add EdiZon so I can use cheats. I was using All In One Switch updater to download cheats and I got this screen. I had a similar error when I added checkpoint in an earlier configeration I did.
Probably not the answer you want to hear, and if you posted your .ini files for boot and let us know if your booting from Hekate or fusee, we may be able to help you with that. That being said its REALLY easy just to quickly re-do your switch SD card on the newest atmosphere, and you would only have to replace some of the files on your fat32 partition, so why not just do that and be up and running again? You can follow this here (Not my work, just organized to fill in some blanks for people):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-9665272

(Ignore the get a new SD card part, ignore the part where you re-do the partition [Unless you want to re-do it], and just follow the section for the placement of the Boot files, Hekate etc, and you should be up and running.) I literally buy a new SD card every time I want to add more space, I just re-do / follow this guide. and add a new partition and CFW to make more space ha haha. Easy as pie :) Anyways, that should work for you. The post is mine, BUT the links to the awesome and hard work were done by others, and I am VERY appreciative of that. The people who do this out of the kindness of their hearts to preserve game history and as a hobby out of love, are GODS to me.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been awhile since Ive touched my switch, but I already have it hacked with Emunand and all that. However I got a question about SysNand. Am I able to go online with it with a game Ive purchased legally from it? Planning on purchasing Shining Diamond Pokemon game, and Im pretty sure the only hakced stuff I have is on Emunand
I would be leary of that. This is just my opinion, and it may not reflect how others see it, however, if there was EVER any chance that your emunand or emummc EVERY touched NINTY's servers WITHOUT incognito mode or 90DNS, there is a really GOOD chance you could get banned. Personally, I use one clean SW for online activity and another for everything else, that NEVER touches the internet. I have 90DNS on it, and airplane mode on. 90DNS is also on the SYSNAND side of the 2nd modded SW. Paranoia.

PS - On the second SW I even update the FW manually with DAYLIGHT, so that it never has to touch the internet.

Deleted member 572520

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if we can answer that question here, since this could be seen as IP-related material. I'll let someone else chime in if I'm misunderstanding or wrong, but I would guess this answer is correct.

Well I think I found the files by dumping the NSP through YuZu. Now it looks like I gotta extract them somehow. The file extensions are like ftrg / bea etc

Last edited by Deleted member 572520,

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not the answer you want to hear, and if you posted your .ini files for boot and let us know if your booting from Hekate or fusee, we may be able to help you with that. That being said its REALLY easy just to quickly re-do your switch SD card on the newest atmosphere, and you would only have to replace some of the files on your fat32 partition, so why not just do that and be up and running again? You can follow this here (Not my work, just organized to fill in some blanks for people):

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-9665272

(Ignore the get a new SD card part, ignore the part where you re-do the partition [Unless you want to re-do it], and just follow the section for the placement of the Boot files, Hekate etc, and you should be up and running.) I literally buy a new SD card every time I want to add more space, I just re-do / follow this guide. and add a new partition and CFW to make more space ha haha. Easy as pie :) Anyways, that should work for you. The post is mine, BUT the links to the awesome and hard work were done by others, and I{ am VERY appreciative of that. The people who do this out of the kindness of their hearts to preserve game history and as a hobby out of love, are GODS to me.
I should have waited for this response. I stupidly jumped the gun and reformatted my SD card and followed the info here
https://www.cfwaifu.com/atmosphere-tinfoil/
and now I get
Fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)! Press POWER to reboot.

I press power and it just says the same thing, I can't even get back to RCM mode to start over.

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have waited for this response. I stupidly jumped the gun and reformatted my SD card and followed the info here
https://www.cfwaifu.com/atmosphere-tinfoil/
and now I get
Fatal error: Failed to stat stage2 (atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin)! Press POWER to reboot.

I press power and it just says the same thing, I can't even get back to RCM mode to start over.
I just held the power button a bit longer, now back in RCM, I was panicking that I would have to find another hackable switch.

Reactions: scandal_uk

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Havent used my switch since like late jan 2021. But I was looking to download Metroid Prime. But figured I needed to update some stuff first.

I downloaded the latest Atmosphere, Hekate, and Sig files, and then upgraded latest sysnand version. I think I remember learning a year ago you dont update the sysnand version since I had it on 10.2 or something, but now its the latest version.

But anyways when I run Atmoisphere, I get an error message after booting it up. Did I need to update something else? Or should I not have updated something or?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've recently updated from 11.1 to 13.1 OFW. Now using 13.1 AMS fine with no problems. I already had keys file on sd card from before, using Lockpick_RCM, but should I run it again now, is there new keys or any avantage to running it again now?
Well major firmware versions usually introduce new keys but unless you are datamining or decrypting games, you don't really need to dump new keys.
Could be theoretically possible in the future to load games from a file without installing it in the future? Like the Wii USB Loader. Or there are limitations regarding the file system/switch?
SX OS has this functionality because .XCI files are just dumps of cartridges (you don't 'install' cartridges) but that CFW is dead; it doesn't support any firmware higher than 11.0. No developer is going to release an .XCI loader because the only purpose would be for piracy. However loading .XCI files isn't any safer than installing .NSP files if that's why you want the ability to load games without installing then.
Havent used my switch since like late jan 2021. But I was looking to download Metroid Prime. But figured I needed to update some stuff first.

I downloaded the latest Atmosphere, Hekate, and Sig files, and then upgraded latest sysnand version. I think I remember learning a year ago you dont update the sysnand version since I had it on 10.2 or something, but now its the latest version.

But anyways when I run Atmoisphere, I get an error message after booting it up. Did I need to update something else? Or should I not have updated something or?
Well what is the error message?

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...