Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Fritss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
hello
i have a consol start XAJ1003384 i have chacked this sn in the web and i see its patched. the version is 4.0.
is it possible to put the atmosphere?

sittingduck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like a problem with the SD card. I would recommend running chkdsk /r with the SD card. You should also make sure the data partition is formatted as FAT32 if it isn't already.

After the chkdsk, you might need to reformat the SD card and start again.
It sounds like a problem with the SD card. I would recommend running chkdsk /r with the SD card. You should also make sure the data partition is formatted as FAT32 if it isn't already.

After the chkdsk, you might need to reformat the SD card and start again.

Thanks - I’ll check the SD card and report back.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello
i have a consol start XAJ1003384 i have chacked this sn in the web and i see its patched. the version is 4.0.
is it possible to put the atmosphere?
As I said in the other thread, if a patched system is on 4.1.0 and has never connected to the internet, it's hackable.

coldfire0101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey everyone. i have an ipatched 4.1.0 switch, it has been running cfw fine for a while. i havent used it for probably a month or so and now when i get to the Launch PegaSwitch news entry then select caffeine and the text box comes up i tap in the box and wait 3 secs and tap the powr button but nothing happens no matter how long i wait. i have treid this so many times it is frustrating the hell out of me.

if anyone can help it would be appreciated

GL0W

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought my switch today and loaded the latest Atmosphere 0.10.1 switch is currently running 9.0.0 every time I try to run RetroArch it will crash with error code 2168-0002(0x4a8) Is this a problem with Retro or did I do something wrong with the Atmosphere install

Apparently I missed the note about Applet Mode killing apps all good now thanks to a little more research

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A couple of questions about the SD card guys:

- Is the switch able to read 512gb sd card? The cfw does it too?
- I want to buy a bigger sd and I would like to move all my data and backups on the new sd card from the old one. How can I do that? Is ok just to copy and past all the files or is required some kind of formatting?
- The actual SD card is formatted in fat32 via switch, but with this kind os partition I am not able to move backups bigger than 4gb, so if I format my sd card in NTFS, would the switch read it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of questions about the SD card guys:

- Is the switch able to read 512gb sd card? The cfw does it too?
- I want to buy a bigger sd and I would like to move all my data and backups on the new sd card from the old one. How can I do that? Is ok just to copy and past all the files or is required some kind of formatting?
- The actual SD card is formatted in fat32 via switch, but with this kind os partition I am not able to move backups bigger than 4gb, so if I format my sd card in NTFS, would the switch read it?
  1. Yes and yes
  2. If you aren't using an emuNAND, you can just copy and paste the contents of the old SD card to the new SD card.
  3. Backups are installed to the SD card in a way that splits them into segments never bigger than 4GB. If you need to install an NSP file that's bigger than 4GB, install it over a USB or FTP connection. You can also install games over the internet using HBG and/or JITS. Regardless, the SD card should be FAT32.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Shouldn't Switch Lite questions be included in the first post? I just read it and couldn't find any questions regarding Lite.
You cannot hack the Lite.

Last edited by Lacius,

Artesians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Info:

-Unpatched Switch, serials are all good, should be vulnerable to Fusee-Gelee.
-FW 9.1.0
-Currently looking at trying emulators and accessing my Pokemon save data

Is there anything else I need to check before I start this process? I'm waiting on an RCM Jig, but I don't know if I need to buy a SX OS dongle. I've seen Atmosphere being used recently because of EmuMMC from 0.9, so does that make Atmosphere the better option now?

If I understand correctly: If I use EmuMMC, I need to partition my MicroSD - which will wipe its data. EmuMMC will separate my 'vanilla' OFW and my CFW data, allowing me to play online with OFW? What are the limitations on this, or can you point me to resources that explain it well? If I separate the two, will I still be able to access my legitimate purchased game save data? (Pokemon).

Last edited by Artesians,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Info:

-Unpatched Switch, serials are all good, should be vulnerable to Fusee-Gelee.
-FW 9.1.0
-Currently looking at trying emulators and accessing my Pokemon save data

Is there anything else I need to check before I start this process? I'm waiting on an RCM Jig, but I don't know if I need to buy a SX OS dongle. I've seen Atmosphere being used recently because of EmuMMC from 0.9, so does that make Atmosphere the better option now?

If I understand correctly: If I use EmuMMC, I need to partition my MicroSD - which will wipe its data. EmuMMC will separate my 'vanilla' OFW and my CFW data, allowing me to play online with OFW? What are the limitations on this, or can you point me to resources that explain it well? If I separate the two, will I still be able to access my legitimate purchased game save data? (Pokemon).
You don't need SX OS. If you plan on using online play, you will use a clean sysNAND for online play and a dirty emuNAND for hackery and game backups.

Your Pokemon data will be copied to both, so you can access it on either one.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a certain exploit that is better for the unit that I will be using? If I move my data from the unpatched running the latest firmware to the unit that is unpatched with 8.1 is there certain exploits that would be better used for it?
I havnt really done this since the wii back a while ago.

thanks
There are no other known exploits past firmware 7.X

Is it possible to mount splitted .xc0/.xc1/... files in sxos (using fat32 sdcard) .. or do i have to install them?
Should be possible, yes.

Alucardio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows how to change the default Homebrew launcher button in atmosphere 0.10.1? My R button is not working and I can't find updated information on how to do this

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running atmosphere and I can launch HB from the album but not a installed game holding R, trying to get out of applet mode to try tinfoil. Any ideas?

Last edited by jimbo13,

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was there any news yet about the switch mod-chip they were supposedly releasing?

Christmas is now over and it seems like soon would be the best time to release this for sale.

Thank you if anyone has any information.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running atmosphere and I can launch HB from the album but not a installed game holding R, trying to get out of applet mode to try tinfoil. Any ideas?
Are you sure you're using the right R button? If it still doesn't work, delete Atmosphere from your SD card and redownload it. That will reset the settings to default.

Was there any news yet about the switch mod-chip they were supposedly releasing?

Christmas is now over and it seems like soon would be the best time to release this for sale.

Thank you if anyone has any information.
We have no information. It could be months or years before we have anything.

Anyone knows how to change the default Homebrew launcher button in atmosphere 0.10.1? My R button is not working and I can't find updated information on how to do this
Edit override_config.ini in the sample configs and then add it to the config folder.

01X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure you're using the right R button? If it still doesn't work, delete Atmosphere from your SD card and redownload it. That will reset the settings to default.

We have no information. It could be months or years before we have anything.

Edit override_config.ini in the sample configs and then add it to the config folder.

Oh dang Ok, so what you're saying is that for the patched units there is no way to put custom firmware on them yet? Thank you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dang Ok, so what you're saying is that for the patched units there is no way to put custom firmware on them yet? Thank you.
There are only two types of Switch systems that are hackable:
  1. unpatched units on any system version (check the serial number to see if your Switch is unpatched and vulnerable to the RCM exploit)
  2. ipatched units on 4.1.0 that have never connected to the internet before
Everything else is unhackable for the time being, and it could be months or years before anything that is not hackable becomes hackable (if ever).

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys something very strange happened. I have installed a kingdomhearts theme for the main menu and once I rebooted the console I am stuck. For stuck I mean that the theme is installed but I can't navigate on the menu, I can only choose the last game played and so I can't navigate to any other app, so I can't even get to the system settings or the homebrew launcher. Is like the entire menu reconise only the last game played..... what I can do?

bladeascent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm completely new to hacking a Switch and just successfully finished everything using Atmosphere. I used a completely new, separate SD card for all of the files, so now that I'm finished with what I needed to do (modify a save file), I'm assuming that, if I turn my Switch off, replace said SD card with my original, non-hacking related one, then boot it back up, I can reconnect to the internet and run everything as normal? Just want to avoid making a stupid mistake and getting banned/compromising my Switch. Thanks!

Last edited by bladeascent,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1