Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think issue is not being able access the contents folders or something arising for missing steps in new firmware for atmosphere but dunno what did wrong. because the 9.4 everything worked fine but new one changed title folder.

plus dunno how to do clean install without destroying my sd files.
I recommend the following steps:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already. Store it somewhere safe.
  2. Make sure your SD card is formatted as FAT32
  3. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  4. Download the latest Atmosphere from github
  5. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  6. Download these signature patches
  7. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  8. Put the SD into your Switch
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

Danethos86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok did all that like you said same issue.
have clean backup from when had mod originally
console is fat32
Deleted atmosphere/sept/ so on
installed newest atmosphere and hakate sigpatched and fuseglee thingy.

still same issues. what is wrong my console?
it like refusing to use the contents folder

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
So on CFW '8.1.0|AMS 0.10.1|S' (Atmosphere) atm is it safe for me to update to FW 9.1.0 and then Atmosphere's CFW 0.10.1, or does that break stuff atm?

Last edited by lettuce,

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some info on the best piece of software for installing games? I've been using Lithium and Tinfoil but I might be a little behind the times with this stuff now, I just wanna install Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD!

Also, latest version of Atmosphere and Patches?

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

dingso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Should be possible, yes.

When I try to mount an splitted .xc0 in sxos under games I always get:
The game card could not be read.
Please remove and reinsert it.

Installing the splitted .xc0 just works fine :(

Any clue what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: oh no .. what a simple solution. Spaces in the filename :( Without them everything works fine :)

Last edited by dingso,
Reactions: Draxzelex

neoncelery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm so hello guys hope you're having a wonderful day! Or night! I have a few questions regarding the switch because I know I'll be buying one in the future with the interest of hacking it but I know it's not as simple as my 3ds hacking days so my questions are :

- Where can I buy an old Hackable version of the switch?(since the new versions aren't Hackable.)
- Is there a way to hack the lastest patched version of the switch the red box Mariko motherboard ones? And if so is it better or worse than the other Homebrews the previous ones?
- What is the quickest most efficient way to hack my switch?

And last but not least

- Will I get banned when hacking my switch if not then what are the procedures you guys recommend I take to avoid being banned?

I know it's a lot of questions but you guys never seem to let me down Everytime I have a question about this so, THANK YOU ALL

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So on CFW '8.1.0|AMS 0.10.1|S' (Atmosphere) atm is it safe for me to update to FW 9.1.0 and then Atmosphere's CFW 0.10.1, or does that break stuff atm?
It is safe and recommended.

Can anyone give me some info on the best piece of software for installing games? I've been using Lithium and Tinfoil but I might be a little behind the times with this stuff now, I just wanna install Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD!

Also, latest version of Atmosphere and Patches?
Use HBG and/or JITS to install games, updates, and DLC from the Switch. Make sure you're using 90DNS and/or Incognito to prevent a ban.

Use the latest Atmosphere and fusee-primary from here, and use the latest signature patches (when using fusee-primary) here.

- Where can I buy an old Hackable version of the switch?(since the new versions aren't Hackable.)
eBay, Craigslist, here on GBATemp sometimes, etc. You might also get lucky at a used video game store or even a retail store. Always check the serial number before making a purchase.

- Is there a way to hack the lastest patched version of the switch the red box Mariko motherboard ones? And if so is it better or worse than the other Homebrews the previous ones?
No. TX might come out with a solution for these units in 2020, but we don't know how long it will be (if ever) before they do, and the process will likely be cumbersome and require disassembly of the Switch.

- What is the quickest most efficient way to hack my switch?
Buy an unpatched model and use the RCM exploit. You will need a USB-C cable. You will also need a jig of some sort for the first time you enter RCM. A properly sized paperclip works just fine.

- Will I get banned when hacking my switch if not then what are the procedures you guys recommend I take to avoid being banned?
To avoid being banned, keep the Switch offline. You can also install 90DNS and/or Incognito to block Nintendo's services, which will prevent your Switch from being banned.

If you want to use online play, you need a clean sysNAND for online play, and a dirty emuNAND for all hackery.

Reactions: neoncelery

neoncelery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is safe and recommended.

Use HBG and/or JITS to install games, updates, and DLC from the Switch. Make sure you're using 90DNS and/or Incognito to prevent a ban.

Use the latest Atmosphere and fusee-primary from here, and use the latest signature patches (when using fusee-primary) here.

eBay, Craigslist, here on GBATemp sometimes, etc. You might also get lucky at a used video game store or even a retail store. Always check the serial number before making a purchase.

No. TX might come out with a solution for these units in 2020, but we don't know how long it will be (if ever) before they do, and the process will likely be cumbersome and require disassembly of the Switch.

Buy an unpatched model and use the RCM exploit. You will need a USB-C cable. You will also need a jig of some sort for the first time you enter RCM. A properly sized paperclip works just fine.

To avoid being banned, keep the Switch offline. You can also install 90DNS and/or Incognito to block Nintendo's services, which will prevent your Switch from being banned.

If you want to use online play, you need a clean sysNAND for online play, and a dirty emuNAND for all hackery.
Thank you!!! Noted!

JohnSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Hello! I am having wierd problem... I am on CTF 9.0, latest Kosmos. But just now, out of nowhere I can not delete any .nsp files via Goldleaf from my sd card, nor I can rename them. Goldleaf shows pop-up - Delete succesful, but files just stay there. I am aviable to delete them from my PC tho. All other files I tried deletes just fine. As well, there are no problems installing them via Goldleaf, just deleting them. Few weeks ago, I had no problems putting .nsp to my SD card, installing and deleting them straight from Goldleaf. Now I just downloaded one game and after that discovered this problem. I have tried formating my SD card and putting just clean CTW and .nsp, no success... Card is ExFat. My switch was on stand-by for most of time before I discovered this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I am having wierd problem... I am on CTF 9.0, latest Kosmos. But just now, out of nowhere I can not delete any .nsp files via Goldleaf from my sd card, nor I can rename them. Goldleaf shows pop-up - Delete succesful, but files just stay there. I am aviable to delete them from my PC tho. All other files I tried deletes just fine. As well, there are no problems installing them via Goldleaf, just deleting them. Few weeks ago, I had no problems putting .nsp to my SD card, installing and deleting them straight from Goldleaf. Now I just downloaded one game and after that discovered this problem. I have tried formating my SD card and putting just clean CTW and .nsp, no success... Card is ExFat. My switch was on stand-by for most of time before I discovered this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
First, Goldleaf is buggy. Tinfoil is recommended. Second, exFAT is also buggy. FAT32 is recommended.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't it be ok, when I start from a scrach? I mean I reformated card... I do need to reinstall FW to go back to FAT32 correct?
It's not clear what you're asking. If your SD card is formatted as exFAT, it is recommended that you back everything up, reformat the card as FAT32, and restore the contents of your SD card from your backup. You do not need to reinstall your Switch's firmware.

JohnSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
It's not clear what you're asking. If your SD card is formatted as exFAT, it is recommended that you back everything up, reformat the card as FAT32, and restore the contents of your SD card from your backup. You do not need to reinstall your Switch's firmware.
Just reformated as FAT32, Installed Tinfoil. Did not solve the issue. Cannot delete any .nsp file. Got error on Tinfoil - Failed to delete.

Velvis70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get everything setup on a 64GB I already have, but later decide to move to a larger card is it a simple copy? or do I have to start from scratch?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get everything setup on a 64GB I already have, but later decide to move to a larger card is it a simple copy? or do I have to start from scratch?
If you don't have an emuNAND, then you can just copy and paste everything to the new SD card. Make sure the new SD card is formatted as FAT32 before doing so.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just reformated as FAT32, Installed Tinfoil. Did not solve the issue. Cannot delete any .nsp file. Got error on Tinfoil - Failed to delete.
I'd be curious what would happen if you switched to a stock Atmosphere/fusee-primary setup. Other than that, I don't know what the issue could be aside from problems with the SD card.

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just setup emunand for the first time and haven't done anything else yet. Is it ok to go onto eshop to download games onto it?

Edit: nevermind I just needed to copy the nintendo folder over into the emunand folder. Didn't expect that to work since that doesn't work for 3DS emunand.

Last edited by LuigiXHero,

E30Nova

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about updating the firmware on my emunand?

I think I'm running 8.1 right now and I'm tired of my switch saying there's an update available.

Do I just use choidujoir?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1