United Kingdom
Reactions: Draxzelex

MacBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KEYS!! What are they? What it eat? (joking)

1 - I see a lot of Homebrews that need use your switch keys, what is the purpouse of that?

2 - I used some keys.txt that i found on Web to the NRO2NSP (so, its not my keys) and i didnt see any issue, using my own keys will change anything?

3 - What is all this fuss about Lockpick and Firmware versions like 6.2.0? all i understand is that you cant get some of the keys (key 6 or seven, dont remember) is really a issue? You need EXACTLY the 6.2.0 or can be a lower FW?

Thx for your time and sorry for the poor english.

Specker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi
I would like to know if this would be the case:

On Sysnand you have Firmware 4.1.0 for warmboot method (clean-nand).
On Emunand 1 you have all your dirty nsp stuff
On Emunand 2 you have a copy of your clean 4.1.0 Nand

When I want to go online with bought games on Emunand 2, i would have to update with nintendo bootloader. That would burn my fuses, so i couldn't start 4.1.0 on Sysnand anymore, right?

Hekate Emunand-boot doesn't prevent original nintendo updater from burning fuses, is this correct?

So there is no way to have a warmboot method AND play online without ban.

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where can I find an old version of Tinfoil?
I thought It would be good idea to use the newsest version but it forces me to uninstall my kosmos cfw???

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is inside the Nintendo/Contents/Registered folder at the root of the SD card? I would assume they are installed games? But there seems to be way too many folders and it is getting so big and I am running out of space on the card. Is anything inside safe to delete (though can't tell what they are since they all have numbered names like 0000087.

CollegeBoard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to try the risky way, here are the steps. I don't recommend it unless you don't care if your fuses get burnt.
  1. Install AutoRCM if you haven't already.
  2. Boot into your sysNAND using Hekate's OFW option.
  3. Update in the system settings.
  4. Power off the system.
  5. Using your jig, boot into RCM. If this fails here and you accidentally boot into Horizon, your fuses will be burnt, and there's nothing you can do about it.
  6. Load Hekate and reinstall AutoRCM.
If your system version currently comports with the number of fuses you have (e.g. You're on 4.0.0 and you have 5 burnt fuses), you can skip Steps 1-2 and just boot into the system normally.

Thanks for your help Lacius! I was able to update my sysNAND OFW to 8.1 yesterday. One thing to note though is that it didn't give me an option to power off after the update, it just gave a 3 second timer before restarting. I had to get my jig and hold the buttons to go into RCM with only a 3 second warning but it seems like I did it. I checked my fuse count and it's still at 5. :)

But now I have to pull this off perfectly with every OFW update :unsure:

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help Lacius! I was able to update my sysNAND OFW to 8.1 yesterday. One thing to note though is that it didn't give me an option to power off after the update, it just gave a 3 second timer before restarting. I had to get my jig and hold the buttons to go into RCM with only a 3 second warning but it seems like I did it. I checked my fuse count and it's still at 5. :)

But now I have to pull this off perfectly with every OFW update :unsure:
I'm glad it worked. If preserving fuses matters a lot to you, I'd use the first method and install the update while running Atmosphere.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Installing a system update with AutoRCM enabled while running CFW. This method only requires the use of CFW which makes it less risky from a banning perspective compared to ChoiDujourNX but still presents a certain risk. What I personally do is boot into Hekate's Stock mode and download the system update but I do not install it. Then I remove the Wi-Fi settings and reboot into CFW. Finally, while making sure AutoRCM is enabled and I am in CFW, I install the system update. Modern CFW now prevent AutoRCM from being removed during system updates which is why this method works

• Install AutoRCM if you haven't already.
  • Boot into Atmosphere on your sysNAND (doing this should keep your NAND clean if you do nothing else).
  • Update in the system settings (with Atmosphere, AutoRCM will not be removed).
  • Power off the system.
  • Use Hekate to boot OFW sysNAND whenever you want to play online.
This steps are not exactly the same. One more safe than the other?

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to browse the homebrew channel without a Switch?
I was reading up on 90dns and incognito, and I'm not too hot on either of those things.

Not even sure if it's quick and easy to undo incognito when wanting to go from CFW EMUNAND to OFW SYSNAND.
Is there a step by step tutorial on how to use incognito?

Last edited by DrDoctor,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This steps are not exactly the same. One more safe than the other?
They're probably equally safe. If you're paranoid, you should use Draxzelex's method.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to browse the homebrew channel without a Switch?
I'm not sure what you're asking here. You need a Switch to be able to use homebrew on your Switch.

Reactions: Ninn and Draxzelex

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but can I browse what's in store at the homebrew channel from my PC instead of going online on CFW EMUNAND?
You can use the homebrew launcher without connecting to the internet. You can manually put homebrew apps onto your SD card.

If you mean to ask if you can use the homebrew appstore without an internet connection on your Switch, the answer is "no." If you want to browse the appstore on your PC, I guess you can try something like this website.

If you want to use the internet on a dirty NAND on your Switch without getting banned, use 90DNS and/or Incognito. They're both relatively safe on a dirty NAND that you don't want to use online play with.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i have more than two partitions? i was thinking about having a regular one, emummc, lakka and android when it comes out. can that all work on one sd card? which of these allow rebooting to another without having a payload?
Yes this is possible. Hekate can most likely boot to CFW, Lakka, and Android.

Asking here as this may be a noob or silly question.
I was recently banned, So i decided to wipe the switch and start from fresh. Great move so much more space.
But i get an annoying pop-up in various games about Signing into my Nintendo account / Linking my account. As am banned i cannot do this, I was never prompted before hand as my account was linked even though it wouldn't access the online services.

So am wondering is there any mod or change i can do, to spoof the switch to think the account is linked...
You can use Kefir Updater to link an account to your console.

hi, im just inject payload cfw atmosphere, when i want to enter AutoRCM, im forgot using jig, but using joycon handheld mode.
and i press + and power button, and still in to autoRCM mode, and actually everthing is fine, just a bit worry if i have brick something in switch. is this okay? do i brick something?
AutoRCM is technically a brick in that your console will not turn on unless you send a payload. In other words, when you turn on the console, the screen will stay black because it is booting automatically into RCM.

KEYS!! What are they? What it eat? (joking)

1 - I see a lot of Homebrews that need use your switch keys, what is the purpouse of that?

2 - I used some keys.txt that i found on Web to the NRO2NSP (so, its not my keys) and i didnt see any issue, using my own keys will change anything?

3 - What is all this fuss about Lockpick and Firmware versions like 6.2.0? all i understand is that you cant get some of the keys (key 6 or seven, dont remember) is really a issue? You need EXACTLY the 6.2.0 or can be a lower FW?

Thx for your time and sorry for the poor english.
  1. Keys are mainly used for unpacking files that are dumped from the Switch whether they are games or themes
  2. All keys are the same between all consoles except the BIS keys which are unique to your Switch
  3. The way CFW derives keys was changed as of firmware 7.0 which made the homebrew version of Lockpick unable to dump keys on firmware versions 7.0 or higher. That is where Lockpick_RCM was introduced which can dump keys on firmware versions 7.0 and higher at the cost of dumping titlekeys. Titlekeys are required to play non-converted digital games. If you buy the game from the eShop or install it via a title manager, the titlekey is most likely already included in the game
Hi
I would like to know if this would be the case:

On Sysnand you have Firmware 4.1.0 for warmboot method (clean-nand).
On Emunand 1 you have all your dirty nsp stuff
On Emunand 2 you have a copy of your clean 4.1.0 Nand

When I want to go online with bought games on Emunand 2, i would have to update with nintendo bootloader. That would burn my fuses, so i couldn't start 4.1.0 on Sysnand anymore, right?

Hekate Emunand-boot doesn't prevent original nintendo updater from burning fuses, is this correct?

So there is no way to have a warmboot method AND play online without ban.
You will not burn fuses when you update your 2nd emuNAND partition online because you cannot boot emuNAND with the Nintendo bootloader. Remember that fuses are burned when you boot through the Nintendo bootloader at startup, not when the update is downloaded or installed.
What is inside the Nintendo/Contents/Registered folder at the root of the SD card? I would assume they are installed games? But there seems to be way too many folders and it is getting so big and I am running out of space on the card. Is anything inside safe to delete (though can't tell what they are since they all have numbered names like 0000087.
All games, updates, and DLC installed to the SD card are stored inside there.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just a few questions since i have the time to do this now.

By using this method, do you put all the files in the atmosphere zip on your sd card or only the atmosphere and sept folders? I would guess that the hbmenu.nro and reboot_to_payload.nro files are not neeeded(I am not planning on using emuMMC for now, only stock mode)?

Also, do i need to have the bootloader folder that comes with hekate on the sd card or is it not needed(Since ill only use Stock mode with hekate for a while)?

My Switch is clean on 2.3.0

Last edited by Ninn,

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to browse the appstore on your PC, I guess you can try something like this website.

This is what I wanted, thanks.

If you want to use the internet on a dirty NAND on your Switch without getting banned, use 90DNS and/or Incognito. They're both relatively safe on a dirty NAND that you don't want to use online play with.

I'd probably use both because paranoia, but how easy is it to undo incognito so I can use OFW SYSNAND online?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I wanted, thanks.

I'd probably use both because paranoia, but how easy is it to undo incognito so I can use OFW SYSNAND online?
As long as you have a backup of your prodinfo, it's easy to undo. However, you should never use Incognito on a NAND that you plan on using online. A NAND you plan on using online should be clean. Not only would this make it dirty, but there shouldn't be any reason to use Incognito on a clean NAND.

Reactions: DrDoctor

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you have a backup of your prodinfo, it's easy to undo. However, you should never use Incognito on a NAND that you plan on using online. A NAND you plan on using online should be clean. Not only would this make it dirty, but there shouldn't be any reason to use Incognito on a clean NAND.

So, steps:

1) Load » CFW EMUNAND
2) hbmenu » incognito
3) EMUNAND is now dirty, serial field is blank

Is SYSNAND still safe? I thought the serial would be blank here too.

I don't plan to ever go online in EMUNAND, I just want to have hb App Store and FTP access.
But I'm also afraid of any hidden tracking features left by Nintendo.
If EMUNAND with incognito gets banned, is SYSNAND still safe?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, steps:

1) Load » CFW EMUNAND
2) hbmenu » incognito
3) EMUNAND is now dirty, serial field is blank

Is SYSNAND still safe? I thought the serial would be blank here too.

I don't plan to ever go online in EMUNAND, I just want to have hb App Store and FTP access.
But I'm also afraid of any hidden tracking features left by Nintendo.
If EMUNAND with incognito gets banned, is SYSNAND still safe?
If you're running Incognito on your emuNAND, then it will only be installed to your emuNAND. With Incognito installed, nothing you do on your emuNAND can get your Switch banned.

If you were to get banned due to something you did on your emuNAND because you didn't have Incognito or 90DNS installed, then your whole Switch would be banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.